South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 10:00 AM   #16  

Hi Chickies!

I got sick along with my 3 year old this weekend. I was too lazy to stay on program. But, we are both feeling better today. I have a taco bake partially made ready to heat up and melt the cheese on for tonights dinner . I have plans to go to the gym tonight and take an aerobics class. It's time to pick myself up and keep going. That has been a major down side in my previoius attempts to be good. I start messing up and just keep going. But, for some reason on this program it is easier for me to jump right back in!

My husband and I are having a lot of wonderful conversations about our falling off clothes. LOL It is great motivation to see the results in the clothes.

Today is day 1 for my friend at work. I am so excited for her! She just came through the office eating celery and laughing cow cheese. (which I introduced to her! ) She is reading the book and went to the store last night. It will be fun to exchange recipes with her and I can't wait to see how much phase 1 has in store for her!
Old 10-25-2005, 10:05 AM   #17  
Kyemom

Dana how tall are you? What is your natural build? Trying to figure out if I am aiming for the right thing.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:44 AM   #18  
gotta lose it!

Granny - congrats on the new baby. I have a siamese also...his name is Thunder. I just adopted a new kitty last week too. She's 4 months old & was lefted behind by one of my neighbors...what a jerk!
OK...I gotta get going...gotta exercise...everyone have a great OP day!!
Old 10-25-2005, 11:07 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Mornin' all!! Just poppin in for a few. Beren is sick today and is getting lots of momma cuddle time. Poor fellow won't let me wipe his nose though Yuck! Every time I attack him with a tissue he screams. I'm probably getin my hopes up too much to think that the other 2 kids won't get it. My fingers are crossed though.

Granny -- give your new addition a big ole pet for me when she comes out of hiding after she arrives. I am a huge cat freak (though I love doggies too and can't wait to get one when the kids are a bit bigger). We have a tabby point siamese who is a tubby fellow, a beauty of an Abyssinian (a beautiful dark ruddy), and a fun and silly grey tabby.

Still back OP so far and other than not being used to having TOM again I am feeling pretty good. I am soooooo hopeful that once TOM is gone I will see a nice drop on the scale. That would be a nice ego boost before our anniversary next week. Gotta think of a great place to go out and still stay OP. Moroccan perhaps?

ya'll have a loverly day and I'll get back around later when the boys nap
Hugs-n-love!!
Old 10-25-2005, 11:10 AM   #20  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all!

That's so fun about the cat, Granny. We have a cute kitty, Charlie -- though he's not adjusting too well to the new baby. But, we're working with him -- poor thing!

I am so not doing very well this week -- the stress of being back at work part time? I don't know what it is! Well, we are all headed out of town tomorrow. We are going to see Grandma and Grandpa (both of them) and celebrate DH's birthday. I'll be back Sunday and back on the computer hopefully Monday!

lauren
Old 10-25-2005, 11:20 AM   #21  

Kyemom- I am 5'2" and 1/2. LOL! I am probably a medium build. Before I started having trouble with my weight I was around 120-130. I am shooting for a long term goal of 130! I used to carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs. But, in recent years I started getting a belly too. Luckily the SBD has worked well for that "belly fat".
Old 10-25-2005, 12:07 PM   #22  

Just trying to get a quick hello in before the puter goes down again...Frassin thing is being tempermental today... so hi and bye..hopefully DH can fix this thing..Grrrrr....Later Gaters
Old 10-25-2005, 12:28 PM   #23  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Schatz Maybe you need a Puter Surgeon?
Dana I'm 5'2 1/2 too how did you come up with 130?
Old 10-25-2005, 12:43 PM   #24  
gotta lose it!

Barb - I just read yesterday's thread about your NSV.....great job!!!
Old 10-25-2005, 12:53 PM   #25  

"Morning" - for me, not most of you it seems. Greetings from the West Coast. It is nice to see all of you fine chicks hanging out here on the lovely Beach!!

Granny - I can't wait to hear more about your furbaby. I grew up with Siamese cats & will always have them in my home. My current siamese furbaby is a "tortie" point - she is very sweet & spreckily. It is amazing that your adopted baby made it to you what with all of her misadventures. Poor wee thing. Oh, and BTW, congrats on your weight loss - you are doing a great job!!

Take care to all of you with little ones with colds and those of you fighting bugs yourselves.

I'm having sweats envy, too!! I'd much rather be home in my cozy sweats than here in the office with stockings on! ((sigh))

Cheers to everyone - have a wonderful Tuesday!
Old 10-25-2005, 01:06 PM   #26  

Exclamation Thanks Ruth

Thanks for merging my post in with Mama's. You know, "sometimes ya feel like a nut," this was one of those times. Don't know how you did that, but.....I'll not try that anytime soon again.

BTW...my furbaby is already named Jazz, and I don't think I'm going to change it. She's used to that, and has already been through so much, it might traumatize her even further. Don't want to do that, besides I think it's a cute name. Her brother, rescued at the same time was named of all things, Bourbon. Jazz and Bourbon, coming from Louisiana, seems quite fitting to me. Don't know what's happened to him, but I'm getting Jazz.

Got the groceries for the week, need to make some of those eggs in muffin cups with the sausages and cheese. Those were really good and one did me just fine. I used egg substitute, and it all baked up really well. That and my coffee in the morning are all I need...........GrannySmith
Old 10-25-2005, 01:27 PM   #27  

KO- Let me think how I came up with that number. In high school I usually weighed around 120. When I started gaining weight I felt like I looked fine at 130. 130 is the higher end of the ideal weight according to the charts that I have seen. I have always been told that I don't look like the amount I weigh. So a muscular fit 130 sounds just fine for me. Anything more would be icing on the cake!
Old 10-25-2005, 01:54 PM   #28  
Will work for yarn!

Just peeking in to say "hi".
Old 10-25-2005, 02:01 PM   #29  

I'm 5' 2 3/4" and I came up with 130 after talking with my doctor. She said my range should be 125 - 135 for medium frame build. Since I'm 42 I doubt if I will ever see 125 and actually I look and feel pretty good as long as I am under 140, so I have my goal set at 130 to give me so room either way.

Welcome, Barb! Seems like we are getting quite a few Barbs and Barbaras here lately.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:23 PM   #30  

Barb0522- You are cracking me up with the 3/4! That sounds like me! I always want to make sure they get that 1/2. I'm glad to hear that you came up with that from your DR. I feel even better about my goal now!
Closed Thread