South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 02:08 AM   #1  

Default SBD and fitday

Howdy.. I have just started to seriously use fitday. I think that I have portion issues and I like being able to see how I am going... feels good.

Is anyone else using fitday.com? Do you have a calorie limit that you like to keep to?
Old 10-25-2005, 03:36 AM   #2  
Who needs sleep?

I don't - if I micromanage my diet, I go nuts and can't stick to it. I just eat when I'm hungry and avoid the bad stuff (at least mostly, for now - I'll be more strict once the quarter's over and I have a life again for a couple weeks!). I found Fitday was awkward and time-consuming to use, personally. I had better luck just tracking what I ate in a spreadsheet, but even that was too time-consuming in the long haul.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:53 AM   #3  
Kim

I love Fitday! I use it religiously. I've used it for about 1 year and I've been doing it so long it doesn't take me longer than 1-2 minutes now. I like to look back and see what has worked and what hasn't. I also like to watch my weight progression. It also helps to know how many calories I need to cut back on if I've had a "binge day". I try to keep my calories between 1200-1600 depending on exercise.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:02 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I've been using it for years and even bought the software so I needn't go online. I enter my foods nearly every day and have done my breakfasts as customized which sure saves time - I seem to eat only three different combos.

I try to keep my calories at 1200 to 1400 but pay more attention to fiber as I need 20-30 grams per day. A perfect day for me would have fat/protein and carbs evenly balanced.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I use fitday also. When I'm diligent about keeping tract of both exercise and calories I do see a definate improvement.

Here's a calorie calculator, it gives you a general idea of how many calories you need to maintain, then you just eat less.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/diets/dcn.php

When I was heavier, I tried to keep my daily intake around 1600-1700 calories. Now it needs to be 1400-1500 daily. I still like to eat too much, so I have difficulties keeping it that low.

Sarah
Old 10-25-2005, 05:08 PM   #6  
Started SBD 1/26/04

I have found that when I use fitday I am much more aware of what I'm eating and how it effects me. I also like to go back to the months where I have lost and compare them to other months that didn't work as well. I can usually find something that I have added to my food or see that I didn't exercise nearly enough for what I was eating.

I was doing 1200-1400 calories a day but about every 2 weeks my body would freak out and I would eat anything and everything for about 2 days and then feel OK again. My doctor told me that I wasn't eating enough calories and that the freak out was my body telling me that. Now I try to stay between 1400-1500.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:20 PM   #7  

I like fitday too. right now my fats are high-ish but the carbs WERE way high a couple of weeks ago.
Ruth , I am curious what your breakfast combos are.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:34 PM   #8  

Thanks for the replies.. I was unsure of calories as I have never counted them before... so i think that right now I feel pretty good and in control with about 1700-1800 calories. I feel satisfied, not full though but not hungry.

I also have no idea about the ratio of carbs, protein and fats... any hints on those... the days when I feel good - seem to be a 40% carb, 30% protein and 30% fat intake day.... does that seem right?????

One of the things that I also like is being able to check my intake of iron etc.. I have noticed that I am very low in iron on most days - probably why I am so tired!

I use a mac so the fitday software isn't designed for it - I wish they would do a version for apple.

Thanks again for all of the help
Closed Thread