South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 07:25 AM   #1  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Red face 8/26/05---tgif!!!

Well, I guess I'll start us up. I'm just having coffee, 1/2 calf, and returning emails to frantic students regarding the lab report due next week. I swear, don't they teach these kids any science at all in High School?? You'd think at the college level they'd be a little more prepared.

I was good yesterday. Even went to lunch with some friends and stayed OP! That's big for me since I usually have the will power of a starving pig at a restaurant. I still think it's important to avoid restaurants as much as possible since even the so-called "healthy" food is full of chemicals and hidden stuff. But, no major slipups since the fair on Monday. I do need to do better on the water though. Usually I have no problem guzzling down 10 or 12 glasses but since the semester started this week I've been so busy that 3 or 4 hours will just fly by with no water.

Today for dinner I plan to make this Spanish "Rice" recipe using cauliflower as a rice substitute. I found some 4% fat ground beef that I stocked my freezer with a while ago and will use that. I'll post it if it's any good. I swear that lc 15 minute cookbook is a life saver...even though it usually takes me about 20-30 min to cook...still, it's quicker than normal.

So, what's up on your sandy shores today?
Old 08-26-2005, 07:47 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning Pearshape, where are all the chicks this morning. I just rolled out of bed literally. DH woke me up at 7 before he left for work, and I thought I will just snuggle here for a few minutes before I get up and the next thing I new my wee ones were coming in the door at 8:30 they were later than normal. So I greeted them with a wild hair do and sleep still in my eyes and my jammies on. Good thing I was wearing my comfy nightie that is made of sweatshirt material and not anything more comfy Well I am going to go put on the tea pot and try to wake myself up somewhat and then tackle making my grocery list. I will pop in later as it is a real quite day I only have 3 kids today. Talk to you in a bit.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:10 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicklets~~

Don't have a lot of time, but did want to say

SweetTooth I'm so very sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

So glad it's Friday, how about you all? Yesterday, the dayshift nurse called the admin at the lab to gripe that I hadn't signed the logbook to show I'd done my draws....well, just take me out behind the barn and beat me with a rubber hose!!! MY GAWD! You'd think the world had tilted off its axis. If that's the worst thing I ever do, saints be praised! It's a sign...I'm ready to leave.

Okay, gotta fly--

Hope all you chicks have a mahvalasss day on the Beach
Old 08-26-2005, 08:15 AM   #4  

GOOD MORNING!!! I have been away from the forum for a week!!! I have had the most stressful week! But, the eating was pretty good...too many milkshakes though. Still lost some weight. Going to Chicago next weekend, so doing SB until I leave. Going to give myself permission to eat whatever I want (PIZZA, HOTDOGS) and then SB when I get home. I haven't been to Chicago in 9 years!!! Oh well.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!!!
Old 08-26-2005, 08:42 AM   #5  

Good morning chicks!

I'm busy at work, but had to pop in here. I think that I am getting addicted to coming here!

I am feeling good this morning. I stayed OP yesterday!! I skipped my dessert last night, but didn't want to . I just didn't have time to enjoy it with DS last night. Then, I thought, "Oh well, that's less calories." But, I did make the meatball casserole. Yum. I ate it with a salad. It was so good. My only complaint was that we had two extra people so there was not enough for leftovers. I'm thinking of making a seperate batch just to freeze.

Well, gotta go!
Old 08-26-2005, 08:47 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Finally I am starting to sleep until 6 instead of 5! The Girls are now dozing until 6 but want their pets, chow and potty "RIGHT AWAY or we'll tear you limb to limb!" Actually, I think they are lonesome rather than hungry in the mornings. I had considered letting them sleep upstairs but they are invaluable as fierce guard dogs downstairs. Nobody can break into this house without raising a ruckus!

Pearshape, thanks for starting us up. I hope your students smarten up - is it just plain old lack of confidence? Let us know how that cauliflower thingy turns out.

Mamacitas, that is so stupid! Yes, you are right to ditch that job. They knew you'd left the building!

Little Chick, I am glad you had on something decent to greet the kiddies. Nekkid is not good first thing in the morning!

Healthy4good, good for you to lose weight during a stressful week! Chicago would be very tempting to me. I go off track just being in O'Hare for a few hours!

Djett626, doesn't it feel great to have stayed OP? I vaguely recall that feeling. I must make that meatball casserole myself and freeze single portions.

I feel kind of idiotic this morning as I completely forgot an important Fair Board Meeting last night and that's not like me. I was at Lorraines in the afternoon, came home and did some odds and ends and it didn't dawn on me that there was a meeting until nearly 10 as I shut off CSI. Oh well, they got along fine without me, I assume. I'm working a charity Bingo for them this afternoon so that'll make up for it.

My eating has not been good, chickies! My ticker is lying at the moment. It's as if I've been spending the past three weeks checking out my trigger foods and there are a heck of a lot of them! I think living alone may be the problem - I think I'll set up Nessy the Bear at the table to oversee my food.

Lucy has finally stopped being coy and is coming into season. We will start the runs to the vet for bloodwork next week and have the boyfriend all lined up. He's a Westerner out in Alberta and is the son of Purple Rain who was her last "lover". Puppies by the end of October! (I think I already posted this! Can you tell I'm excited?)
Old 08-26-2005, 08:52 AM   #7  

Happy Friday all you Hens and Chicks!

No time to post yesterday... hope everyone had a wonderful day!
djett: so glad to hear about DH's results !
Healthy4good: Nice to see you again! Ah the Windy City! Enjoy your visit
Mamacita: Thats the attitude! Good 4 U on lessening your witching hours !
LC: Good news about DD! I'm sure those leetle wisdom teeth will pop right out!
Pearsy: That GPS or whatever course sounds like a snorefest!
Ellis: Welcome back luv
Ruth: Ohhh leetle portuguese water puppies! I can't wait!!
Me: The humid finally broke here.. and they delivered my replacement dryer.. We got a brandy new one.. but paid Floor model price.. Ah so all things happen for a reason! More organizing on the docket for today...
Later Gators!
Old 08-26-2005, 09:09 AM   #8  
Kyemom

Morning ladies, just running by...Had an OP day yesterday, and will have another today. DS has 2 football games tomorrow. I am so excited. Only working until 12 today, so a lot to get done in 3 hours. Then, off to the pool. High of 84 here today, so should be great!! Check back in soon. Have a great morning!
Old 08-26-2005, 09:36 AM   #9  
RNMOM

Default Hi

Just a quickie! I'm at work in the ER

Mama, sorry some raunch nurse ruined your day. Send her over, I'll have her for lunch..............if ya know what I mean.

Ruth, lovey, you lazy thing! Yay for you!

Take care ya'll!
Old 08-26-2005, 09:41 AM   #10  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

Ruth - My ticker is lying too. I weighed in at 210 this am Holy smokies! I love puppies - I want to hear every puppy detail!

Pear - I want to hear how the califlower rice works out. I would love to make Cajun dirty rice. Keep me posted.

Schatzi - I missed the whole move to NC - I'm glad to see you made it ok!

Everyone else - HI

Gotta jet - I have to be at an appt at 10 bells.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:43 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

pearshape--Congrats on staying op at lunch yesterday! It is so hard to do at resturants now and it is just too tempting with everyone else eating yummy stuff. You did great. I don't think that a lot of schools prepare their kids well for college courses. It's like schools are babysitters in a lot of areas. I thought I'd do pretty well in those science courses but stuff like biochemistry kicked my butt. I just didn't get a good enough chemistry foundation. Took a lot of studying. Give 'em heck!

little chick-- Nice way to wake up in the mornin . Now if we could only train them to make the tea/coffee for us before they come in...

Mamacita-- How long have you worked at that home?

healthy4good-- Mmmmm milkshakes... Have a great weekend!

djett-- we made the meatball casserole last night too. It was really very good. We had Leanne and Christa over (No, I'm Sweet Tea and Fatchck) and 2 other friends. For us on po we had it with salad and the others had it on pasta. It was the bomb and everyone liked it. Next time I will also do some to put in the freezer. We also thought that we would use ground turkey adn chicken mixed next time.

Ruthxxx-- sorry about your missed meeting. Bingo in the afternoon?! Sounds like fun . Not as fun as new puppies though!!! I hope thing go really well with the tests next week and that this is the time for lovin'!

Schatzi-- Oh, i'm jealous of the new dryer. I've also got organizing on my list of things to do today and I've been in thisw house for a year! I'm such a slacker

Kyemom-- Have a great time at the pool!!

RNMOM-- have a great day!!

Anchor Weight-- hope your day goes smoothy!!

Kinda damp here this morning but it feels a bit cooler. High today is upper 80's. I have got to organize my closet to get all my clothes put away. Gotta make room for the crib in our room. Logan is rolling all over so time for the crib. Once that's up I'll have to figure out how to keep him in it.

I'm unsure about starting phase two now. Today is my 2 week mark on phase 1 and it has gone well. I'm not sure what carbsw I should add back in and how I should do it. I'm off to check the FAQ and the book to make a plan. Or maybe I should just stay on p1?? Ugh, too much to ponder.

Have a great day ladies!!!!
Old 08-26-2005, 09:48 AM   #12  

YAHOOO BUCKAROOS! Well, I finally got up the nerve to unpack the Altar to the Weight Gods! Did the "One legged Stork Pose" a "flying Fig Newton", and offered up a HO HO...!
Wheeeeeee! 2 more pounds down!!!! Yay for me!
Old 08-26-2005, 09:51 AM   #13  
Kyemom

Where is this meatball recipe? Schatzi...u kill me!! Congrats on the poundage!!
Old 08-26-2005, 10:03 AM   #14  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning you gorgeous, disappearing gals!

I've got a shipload of stuff to do here, but will try to get back in later.

Peggy, continuing to send you hugs and prayers, sweetie...

Yes! Where is the meatball recipe!

Schatzi, congratulations on the loss!

Little Chick, so glad it's just wisdom teeth!

Kyemom, enjoy the pool!

Sweet Tea, Phase II! How exciting! My favourite is the oatmeal with walnuts and cinnamon.

Gotta run... love you all...
Old 08-26-2005, 10:06 AM   #15  

Height: 5'-2"

ta da!!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...ight=meatballs
Closed Thread