South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 10:08 AM   #16  

Height: 5'-2"

BTW, don't forget... you can "rate" the recipes.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:20 AM   #17  
Kyemom

Thanks!!
Old 08-26-2005, 11:17 AM   #18  

Sweet Tea! Congrats on making it through phase 1. I would just go slowly to phase 2. I am in the beginning of stage 2. I have been trying to keep from going nuts! I ate my eggs in a breakfast tortilla one day this week. I had a peice of toast for breakfast this morning. I had some strawberries for a sweet treat after lunch the other day. Just add them in slowly!

I thought about using ground turkey next time on the meatballs too. But, first I am going to use up the other pound of ground sirloin I have in the fridge. DS has a tendency to be anemic. He loves italian stuff. So that was a good recipe for everyone.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:41 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Thank you for the congrats ellis

djett -- my dh keeps thinkin' I can now add in any healthy carbs I want and I keep telling him that's not right. He needs to read the book too . I think I will get some strawberries since my ds Beren loves them and would love to share with his momma. I also thought maybe a whole wheat/low carb tortilla on a weekend wrap would be ok too. I'm just so excited to have gotten this far so I don't wanna mess up.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:05 PM   #20  

Sweet tea - I think there is a post in the FAQ section about how to move to phase 2. It works best if you choose one starch/fruit and try it for a week to see how you react to it. For example, I can eat oatmeal in the morning but it causes cravings for others. I get cravings if I eat cereal for breakfast. If you try too many things at once, you won't know which you are having problems with.

Me - It's been hot in Dallas this week. One day it was 103! Work has been so busy I never made it to the daily yesterday. Tonight I have an upgrade to do but hopefully I'll be done by 1 or 2AM since I have to take one cat for her checkup at 8AM tomorrow. Then our cub scout den is meeting for outdoor activities at 9:30. And I'm donating blood at 2:30. I need to try to find time for groceries somewhere in there too. I have not managed to exercise this week. Too much going on. Last night was curriculum night at school. I think I am really going to like Brian's teacher this year.

Last edited by Barb0522; 08-26-2005 at 02:30 PM.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:00 PM   #21  
beachbum

Hi Ckicks

Sorry for the late post. I didn't have a chance to go on the Net until now.

I'm in a very sad /angry mood,my DS just go laid off from his job on WOR radio. He told me he cause the lay off as he didn't like what he was doing Yikes!! is he crazy leaving a job that paid $32,000 a year & not having another a job on hand. What are the kids doing today. I would never leave a job unless I had another one to go to. But That was back in my day.

Now Momma(me) is going to worry until he finds another job. Hope it won't effect my weight loss.Sorry for whinning.

=================================================

Ruth Sorry for your weight ticker lying,did you every made the veggie soup we mentioned on this thread weeks ago. Well I did., & I take it before my lunch & dinner and I found that I losing again.

Schatzi That great getting new appliance for a the floor model price.Sometimes life really is a bowl of cherries.Big Congrats on your 2 lb weight loss

Sweet Tea The only way to get in control of Phase 2 is to go every slowly with the carbs. As Dr. A. has said add 1 carb back for 1 week and see if your with was effected if not take another carb and add that to your menu. In my case the carbs that are giving me trouble are the Grains .I have to take one grain carb per day,and I have it early in the morning so I can work is off during the day.

Djett You can use the Morning Star crumblers(soy meat) for the meatballs along with the ground turkey. I do that in the winter when making and baking a meatloaf.

Barb Wow you have a busy day,don't stress Sorry about you hot temps TG its cool here.

Well Have a nice day Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 08-26-2005 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:16 PM   #22  

Barb,

I remember that about adding one thing. But, I was wanting variety. So, far anything I have tried hasn't caused cravings. I am trying to eat one new carb once a day. But, I won't be adding anything next week to the three I have already handled. What cereal do you like for phase 2?

Beach bum- I will have to try the morning star stuff.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:23 PM   #23  
Slow and Steady...

Default I'm late too!

Good Afternoon All!

Today is my day off (every other Friday) and I haven't had the chance to check in until now! Dentist appointments, errands, etc. I'm lucky I managed to shower!

Beach Bum: I think having a new job before quitting the old one is still common sense, but sometimes kids do strange things! We just want the best for our kids, but all we can do is sit back and watch the game sometimes. I hope he finds a new job soon!

Barb 0522: Sound's like you are getting plenty of exercise with all that you are doing! Hope the heat breaks for ya. Good Luck with Cub Scouts!

Sweet Tea: To echo everyone else...go slow. Congrats on getting through P1! It was the toughest for me. Strawberries are a good way to start becuse they are naturally low in sugar and taste soooooo good!

Ellis: Thanks for posting the link for the meatball recipe! I'm always looking for something new. I thought I had read them all, but obviously I missed something.

Schatzi: Tom Cullen says, "Laws, Yes! Congrats on loosing 2 pounds!"

Mamacita: Don't let picky people ruin your day! You will soon be outta there!

Pearshape: Way to stay OP! It should help you feel more confident when you are faced with difficult temptations in the future. Keep it up!

Little Chick: Nice to catch a couple of extra Z's in the morning, even if you sacrafice beauty once in a while. Sounds like your day should run pretty smoothly after you get your tea.

Healthy4Good: Welcome back! Good Luck in Chacago! What a great place to visit. We'll all be waiting for you when you get back!

djett626: Sorry you missed you dessert last night. I always look forward to my NSA fudgesicle every night! That is my treat for being good and staying OP everyday. Don't miss it again tonight! You deserve it!

Ruth: Glad to hear you are sleeping a little bit longer! Who/what is Nessy the Bear?

Kyemom: Don't forget your pom-poms tomorrow!

Everyone else: Happy Friday!
Old 08-26-2005, 03:35 PM   #24  

Dana - I like Kashi Go Lean mixed with Uncle Sams but I eat hot oatmeal nearly every day with cinnamon, Splenda and lots of fruit. It seems to hold me for longer than cereal does. I've heard that eating protein with breakfast will also help so you don't get hungry as fast (but I don't normally do it).
Old 08-26-2005, 03:48 PM   #25  
krazy binging insomiac

good afternoon everyone.

i am just exhausted today. i went to a friends last nite and after some really good falafals (minus the pita of course) i fell asleep on his couch (its been along time since i did that). so instead of biking home (45 minutes) i took a cab thinking the bike ride (at 11 pm) will just energize me and i'll never be able to get back to sleep. well i should have taken my bike. i got home and couldn't fall asleep anyway. finally got to bed about4 am and was up again at 7:30. the worst part is, this has been my routine for a while now.

my sleep problems are really starting to affect my work. I have been late every day for the last two weeks! luckily my manager is really understanding and i feel that i can be open with her about my disorder (whatever it is). i have to go back to my dr's on saturday to get my test results from my tb test (for school) so i think i'm gonna bite the bullet and ask him to refer me to a sleep clinic.

Do any of you have experience with sleep clinics? any advice?

thanks ladies
Old 08-26-2005, 05:44 PM   #26  
The cat lady

Talking

Well, today was day one. I am off to a great start and feeling motivated. I am still on no exercise until Sunday per my chiropractor, but am anxious to start that again too. I am puting my starting weight at 237. That is what I weighed this morning. I was 240 on Monday so have really lost some water weight already!

Nefarious- Have you tried Melatonin or anything? My husband has been using it and it really seems to help.

Everyone seems to be doing pretty good OP today! Keep up the good work.

I have made that meatball recipe before and it was pretty tasty! Thanks for reminding me of it. I am starting to print off recipes from the forum and put them in a notebook for SB only! Tonight we are having grilled chicken breast though. Nothing fancy, just something I have been wanting.

Well catcha later
Old 08-26-2005, 07:15 PM   #27  
krazy binging insomiac

what is melatonin?
Old 08-26-2005, 09:15 PM   #28  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Evening chickies. I know not many are going to be on after me, probably, but I thought I'd pop on to say hi anyway.

Feeling pretty bad about things in general lately. Honestly, not wanting a pity party or anything, just want to tell somebody how I feel. At work, I have to play it tough and blow everything off, and in my family, I have to be a rock for the rest of my family. The German in me even makes it hard for me to cry in front of my husband, or let him hold me when I'm upset about things.

I've really let myself go, and the little thing in my signature is lying about my weight loss because I can't bring myself to change it. I'm up to 146. I keep telling myself that I'll start over Monday, but I'm just stuck in one of those "downward spirals," almost knowingly sabotaging myself before I even get started.

The death in the family has a lot to do with it, I think. But lately, even when I'm not consciously thinking about it, I'm still pretty bummed out, without it being my TOM. I have another Irish Wake tonight in honor of my uncle, and then will be eating whatever is served to me over the weekend in Chicago, then taking my MIL out to dinner Sunday at a famous Italian place that has the initials O.G. (Hoping not to send some of you over the edge.)

Honestly, I look like crap. My eyes are sunken in with huge dark circles, and my midsection has expanded. Hopefully Monday will begin a new week and I'll be able to put some things behind me (like 20 lbs?) and get back to what I need to be doing.

Anywho, just keep prayin, those of you who pray. Don't take up a ton of time in your prayer time, just toss one in there for Lisa. God'll know who I am.

Thanks chickies. Hope you all have a great weekend. Soon as I get pics from the baptism, I'll post them.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:16 PM   #29  

Default just a question

Hello Ladies,

Just dropping in to ask a question?

I'm not much of a chicken eater, to me they always tend to be try. I had thought about buying a rotissery(sp) chicken, but you all stated that the ones that are BBQ or Apricot probably have to much sugar.

Do you have any marinades recipes that are acceptable in phase 1? Something I can marinade in the morning and cook on grill in evning. OR for that matter for phase 2? I"m getting into grilling right now and was thinking I might try grilling some chicken.

Thanks for any ideas or recipes you all might have.

Last edited by 1day@atime; 08-26-2005 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:44 PM   #30  
Who needs sleep?

Just popping on - it'll be a long weekend, like it's been a long week. DH sprained his right hand (he's right-handed, oc) earlier this week, so the only break I've had this week was when DH and DS popped off to the store for a few minutes last night while I did dishes. Some break!

In spite of all the stress and exhaustion, we've managed to stay OP. The closest to cheating we came was ordering Chinese one night when I just could not muster up the energy to cook - but we were careful to get only stir-fried veggie and meat dishes without sweet sauces - and NO rice! So I think we were okay, and we got a nice variety of veggies and lean meats. There was one day, too, when I really didn't eat enough vegs - I just was too busy and tired to take the time to chop up a lot of vegs during the day. After that, I started cutting up vegs for me when I cut them up in the evening for DH's lunch.

I've found, as I'm near the end of ph1, that my appetite is decreasing. I've also lost a total now of 12 pounds (7 from applying some of Dr A's principles before officially starting ph1, and another 5 on ph1 so far), so I'm pretty pleased with that - it's the lowest my weight has been without the aid of illness in I don't know how long!

We'll be busy most/all weekend, so I don't know if I'll get to post on the weekend thread, but I wanted to pop in and say hi to all the chickies here and that I'm thinking of you all!

Have a great weekend!
Closed Thread