South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 04:47 AM   #1  

Default *~*Weekend Chickchat - 27&28th August*~*

Welcome to the weekend Chickies!

We went and had dinner with some friends last night - impromptu... ate OP, except for the wine it is amazing how easily a girl can get tipsy when you don't drink often The 25 minute walk home was very interesting indeed

One of my friends looked at our forum today and was very inspired by all of the support. I hope she joins us as a regular contributor.

So what do you have planned on the beach for the weekend?

Old 08-27-2005, 06:24 AM   #2  

Here's to another Wonderful Weekend!
Good Morning Marianna! Glad you had a nice dinner with friends.. and I do hope we can add a new chick to the Coop!

Weezle: Hugs to you honey! it sometimes is Just one day or hour at a time.. but it will pass... I hope after this weekend you find yourself feeling a bit better each day.

HKO:
Hope DH heals quick so he can "lend a hand" soon again (Heh hee, Corny I know! ).. And way 2 go with ordering healthy stuff !

Nef: Could it be the meds you're on causing your sleeping problem? This might sound weird, but when my sleep/awake hours get outta whack I force myself to stay up all night, till the next regular go to bed time.

1day@time: When grilling or baking chicken, I make a foil packet and basically poach the chicken first..then do the baist and grill thing the last 10 minutes or so. I hate when Chick gets dried out too - and this seems to work at keeping that chicken nice and plumpy moistalicious!!!

Barb1037: I went on the internet and ordered the last 3 in the Dark Tower Series.. Oooh I can't wait..Laws Yes!

Amy:
Yeah can you believe it.. June 10th or so we put the townhouse in the paper.. and yesterday was the official closing! I've been in NC for about 2 weeks now.. and today I am on MY LAST BOX! Things moved soooo quickly and the little chicks were with me day by day!

SweetTea:
I'm with the other ladies.. try adding one or 2 new carbs per week.. See how you feel, for example, did adding it cause cravings .. Somefolks can't add fruit in the am but okay in the PM etc.. I added I think Sourdough or WW English Muffins and Strawberries the first week on PH2..Hope that helps!
BB:
It seems to be the norm with "the kids today"... happiness at the job is a priority.. not like when we were young pups... Speaking of Pups... Ruth, when does Lucy go to the Vet...
And Good morning Ellis, Candy, Barb, RNMOM, Mamacita, Djett, Kye and LC.. and all you other loverly ladies!
Me: DH is off to golf today.. so I will undo the last box, and arrange the last of the Chachka.. Yesterday the new washer and dryer were going 24/7.. so quiet they are..I'm loving them! .. As I was carrying stuff up the attic, I noticed that my hips which are so hugical that they always doubled as shelving units are getting slimmer! I tried to hold something on them, and it slid off! INCONCEIVABLE!

Have a GREAT DAY ALL!!!!
Old 08-27-2005, 06:29 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Such a ruckus this morning! Shhh!

I'm tired this morning from working the Bingo for 5 hours and then baking last night. I'm supposed to be at the Church for 7 so have to be quick - it's 6:28 right now. A nap is on the agenda once this yard sale thingie is underway.

See you noonish! I need a gallon of coffee!
Old 08-27-2005, 06:50 AM   #4  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Yeaa!! I'm glad I'm not the only one up so early on a Sat. I'm going out to the woods today so had to get my butt up early enough to just chill and have coffee. I'm not one of those who can jump right up and start doing stuff. I have to ease into my day. Should be a nice and steamy day here! Yeah! Sweating in the heat and humidity..fun! At least I get to be in the woods.

Marianna: Way to stay OP!! Doesn't it feel great??

Schatzi: I'm sure you are becoming more ravishing each day!!!

Ruth: Have fun at Church. Can't wait to see pics of puppies! Is there anything cuter than puppies????
Old 08-27-2005, 06:55 AM   #5  

OOPS,how could I miss pearsydew with my morning Greeting! Have a Fun(gus) filled day darlin!... And speaking of Fungus... I want to see more peectures or avatars of your marvelous mold..
Old 08-27-2005, 07:12 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks....didn't over sleep this morning so I actually have time to check in before I head off to the store to work. 9:30 to 5:30. The house is nice and quiet the dogs and cat are feed and outside playing before I have to go. DH had to work today, he has been working this summer driving a cube van for the school board. The added on a huge addition to one of the high schools and they now have to get all the stuff moved over as school is only a week away from starting. DD's are both at friends houses again. We are starting to believe that they might just find us a tad boring since they never want to be here. Tonight we are going to snuggle and watch the race on tv. And I need to get a list ready for shopping for groceries and then at some point need to get the girls shopping to finish off clothes for school. We are trying to find a night that we can get out. I think I actually spend more money at the start of school then at christmas time Sorry I really got off on a ramble there.

Marianna- Thanks for starting us up for the week end. Sounds like you had fun last night. I alway get a little tipsy when I drink wine. Hope your friend joins us there is alway room for another towel on the beach.

Schatzi- Morning chick, I am so jealous about your new washer and dryer when I do wash you would think we are having a small earthquake for the noise the washer makes. But I am hoping that they will live another year. We still need to do a few things around here this fall. We are planning on putting in a new septic so that suck up some money. Anywhoo have a great day chick.

Ruth- Morning have fun at the yard sale, hope you can find a spot for a little nap. Enjoy your gallon of coffee and have a great day.

pearshape- Morning girl enjoy the woods hope it is nice and cool in there. It is chilly here this morning I actually had to put on my snuggly housecoat, but it is promising to be a hot one. Which means the store will be slow nobody wants to shop when it is nice out. Well atleast there is lots of stock in that needs to be put away and things that need to be organised to make the day go buy. Grrr there I go rambling again. Sorry.

Well I really should dash so I can jump the shower and then head off to work and have time to stop for a big ole tea . Have a great day chicks.

A big GOODMORNING to the rest of you sleepyheads.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Chicks

Very quick one from me - and its along the theme of Mariannas post.
I have a terrible hangover - and I didnt drink that much - its because I havent been drinking and I overdid it somewhat last night.

Fortunately I have no plans today - its 12 noon here - and I'm headed right back to bed.
I've been up since 8 and been soldiering on but its no good.

See you all tomorrow when I will hopefully have made a good recovery.
Yikes this is a lesson learned!
Old 08-27-2005, 08:22 AM   #8  
GARDENING ADDICT

Happy weekend ladies!! I actually have this weekend off of work. Today we are going to a nearby winery for their Vineyard Fest . There will be wine tasting from 50 different vendors, wine and cooking seminars,music, vineyard tours, grape stomping. I would be lying if I said that I will be OP today
The place is called Chateau Elan and it also has a wonderful spa (which I cannot afford) www.chateauelanatlanta.com/winery/index
I'm not sure what else I will do with my DH this weekend but i will enjoy spending time with him (since I usually work weekends).

I'll catch ya'll later.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:15 AM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls!

Sil, a weekend off! Enjoy your time with DH. That place looks wonderful... particularly the spa.

Artemis, I hope you're sleeping soundly.

Little Chick, MUST you mention Christmas! I know what you mean about the kids. It seems as though ours are never home anymore.

Pearshape, have a wonderful time in the woods! It sounds lovely and cool.

Ruth, 5 hours at Bingo!! Holy petolies!!
Hope you're having fun at the garage sale!

Schatzi, you're losing your hips!! That's great, hon!! I'm glad the washer and dryer are working well. We only appreciate those things when they're NOT working.

Marianna, good for you staying OP last night! I know what you mean about the alcohol. I've never been a big drinker, and sometime just one glass will knock me out.

Sweet Tooth and Lisa, big hugs and continued prayers for both of you.

nefarious_wytch, have you tried Trazodone? It's non-addictive, and it should go okay with your depression meds. Ask your doctor about it... I keep a bottle on hand. I don't use it often... a couple of times a month... usually just to break a spell of not being able to sleep.

We're going to a museum today to see the Pompeii exhibit.
DH and I walked down to the War Museum the other night. Alone. A date! On the way, we came across an elderly man who had collapsed while riding his bike. We spent most of our date waiting with him for an ambulance. He was okay, thank God.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:19 AM   #10  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

I feel like a a little girl dancing in a room full of Christmas Cookies as I step on the scale I noticed at 2 lb weight loss. I think its the veggie soup that I was eating along with my meals. I had to change my ticker right away.

================================================== ==

Marianna-Thanks for starting the weekend thread. Glad you fun with your friends,Once in a while we have to let our hair down.

Schatzi-I felt sorry for my son,but now I'm diasappointed in him . Didn't bring him up that way to act that way.Please take care of yourself Don't lift heavy items, wait until DH come home from golfing. I was there at work lifting heavy boxers and now I suffering from deterating disc in my back & neck.

Ruth- Hope you find your zzzzzzzz's.Have fun in what ever you do.

Pearshape- Enjoy the quite,

Athemes-A Hangover!!I read somewhere that you should take fruit juice that it helps the body burn alcohol-diluting it with water or seltzer,and consuming 2 X's the volume of alcohol you drunk. Hope that helps.

2 be fit-Have a wonderful time at the wine tasting Fest.

Ellis- Have a great time at the museum

Have a nice day Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 08-27-2005 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:06 AM   #11  

Good morning!

Beach I can understand your frustration with your son. Did you say that he has kids? That always makes it even harder.

Ellis Glad you had a date with DH even if it may not have been what you planned.

Schatzi I hate unpacking!! I am impressed that you have gotten through it so quickly.

Sil The winefest sounds divine! (I usually find anything involving wine to be nice! )

LC I will be so sad the inevitable day when our girls find us boring! (Maybe not with as time consuming as they are right now!)

Barb I am so glad to hear that you like Brian's teacher. That is so important!!

Artemis Hope ya feel better!

Me- A quiet morning here- the baby slept until 7:00! Then my other DD slept til about 8:00 so I got some quiet time with the little one. She is back down for her morning nap right now. She is so sweet and getting big! Full of smiles and coos. I don't know if I already posted it- but she was 9 pounds 5 ounces at her 2 month check up! Porking right up!

One of my friend's is dropping her son of for a playdate so she can go run errands and then we will head to my mom's later. Bumming at the mall and IKEA are on the agenda. Low-key, relaxing day for us!

Have a super weekend!!
Old 08-27-2005, 10:25 AM   #12  
The cat lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi
OOPS,how could I miss pearsydew with my morning Greeting! Have a Fun(gus) filled day darlin!... And speaking of Fungus... I want to see more peectures or avatars of your marvelous mold..

How funny, I was just looking at that Avatar and wondering what it was. I was thinking, "is that some kind of fungus on a tree or an oyster?"

Morning everyone! Yes, I am the lazy sack of bones that just now rolled out of bed. I love sleeping! Today is day two and will be a challenge. I have a wedding shower to attend at 1pm. I am eating a good breakfast and taking snacks with me. I know I shouldn't get on the scale every day, but I already lost 2 pounds and don't want to blow it today!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!
Old 08-27-2005, 12:00 PM   #13  
gotta lose it!

My goodness......this is an early rising bunch!! I've spent the last 2 hours in bed watching tv...now I'm making some coffee!
I was suppose to do some cleaning yesterday, but ended up with an upset stomach & sleeping on the couch with the cat for most of the day. SO...I must do some cleaning today - what a way to spend a Sat. off?! At least I'm not working!!
I'm planning on going to the market later & making dinner...just not sure what...
Hope everyone has a great OP weekend!!
Old 08-27-2005, 12:23 PM   #14  
beachbum

LuckyKiko hes not married and doesn't have kids . I would KILL him if he did that. My DH told me ""he made his bed so now he has to sleep on it""
Old 08-27-2005, 05:17 PM   #15  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Hi chicks!

What a lazy day. I didn't sleep last night I woke up every hour on the hour and had to go p** Hopefully this soon will pass. I started my green tea regiment again and it is taking a toll on my bladder. I had to take DS to football pictures this morning. when did he get sooo big? First year of tackle and he looks like a little man. Then DS went up to the cabin with DF to get ready for Deer Season. I then took a nap. I have spent the last 3 hours trying to download all the appropriate updated drivers for this computer that was attacked by spyware. What a hassle.

Nyefarious - I used to use DHEA when I was really super stressed. It never interefered with my anti-depressent meds. And when my life destressed I stopped taking it cause it was making me sleep too much.

Ellis - How are you babe? Missed ya. My DM is dragging me to the German dead body exibit at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago next weekend. Everyone says how super cool it is but you know what - I'm not much of a cut it open and let me look at it kind of person. Luckily we are going to the Broadway version of Lion King the night before. I can't have to many winos cause I'm going to get queasy - I just know it.

Beach - Your hubby is right. Besides I believe that radio people are gypsies at heart. They travel all over. I'll say a prayer for him. I'm down 2 pounds this am too! YIPPEE! I'm finally starting to feel debloated. I think I'm going to keep my ticker where it is cause I should be back to 205 in no time.

Weazel - You poor thing. Hang in there. You can picture a date for your re-start on the beach and we will brush your towel off. Just pick a date and be ready to go. When did you get married? I could be mistaken but I remember you dating???????? I guess that makes me OLD!

2BFIT - Looks wonderful. Have some winos for me cause I'm going through wino withdrawl right now.

Mariana and Artemis - I don't envy the wino hangover. But at least you had fun doing it.

Little chick - Every day I become uncooler, and uncooler. Infact saying cool is uncool. Have a nice cuddle night!

Pear - What happened with the califlower rice? Any good? Please give details of how you prepared it.

Schatzi - Maybe you and hubby should lay the last piece of bubble wrap out and jump up and down on it. I used to have a cool bubble wrap thingie you could go visit incase you miss it.

Kiko - Shop for me. I'm not going to make it out today.

Everyone else - HI!!!!!

Last week I broke down in a vanity breakdown and had Botox done between my eyes. You know that little butt cheek you get between your eyes from too much squinting. Thats the one. I have had really sensitive eyes my whole life and that on top of being married to a creep for 13 years caused me to have quite a nasty scowl - even when I wasn't unhappy. I would have strangers say to me - what's the matter you look really angry. I guess running the business - I always have a lot on my mind. So anyhow I'm waiting to see the full result. They say it takes 7 - 10 days to take effect. It didn't hurt and I only had a tinsy headache for a couple of hours.

I really need to go to the store to stock up on SBD supplies but I haven't even put makeup on today. I've been eating eggies and veggies. Where is the recipe for the veggie soup? That sounds super!

Party on weekenders! I have to try and get some motivation going.
Closed Thread