South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 07:14 AM   #61  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Check out Beachgal's post in the FAQ for the most nutritious veggies to add. I vote for red peppers myself!
Old 05-06-2005, 07:18 AM   #62  

Veggie tales:

I have been having the V-8 juice for breakfast, & spinach omletes.
I also have been eating red, yellow and orange peppers raw, they are a bit expensive about $1 a piece. Green beans are also good, I cooked some fresh ones and used them for snacks, with my proteins. Some of the beachers like hummus, I am not one of them. Chick peas are also good in salads.
Hope these help.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:45 AM   #63  
Kim

Thanks for the hummus advice. I'll have to try some. I plan on going to Kroger's on Tuesday of next week. I stayed on program yesterday and went to a spin class this morning. I'm trying to stay off the scale until tomorrow since TOM paid me a visit yesterday. Thanks again!
Old 05-06-2005, 12:44 PM   #64  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Chili, I hate to say it, but with the rum digression, you really should start over. It'll work so much better if you do the full two weeks with no cheats. You are SO right. More veggies!!! The celery is a great start!

Check out these recipes...once made, they are easy to grab and run:

Broccoli, Bacon and Cheese Salad: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42460

4 Bean Salad: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45528

Broccoli and Cannelini Bean Salad: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42395

You can also get green beans, frozen, and heat them up, then add some smart balance and some toasted almonds

What about making coleslaw? There's a great recipe for "overnight coleslaw" in the SBD Cookbook.

Add veggies to your scrambled egg. Roll your lunchmeat around peppers, celery, cucumber, etc.

Put cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, etc. on your salad, and make it with spinach or spring mix instead of leaf or iceberg lettuce.

Kimberly, you can find premade hummus in the deli section or in the cheese section, like Ruth said. There are two major brands I've found regularly across the US: Athenos and Three Sheiks. I prefer the roasted red pepper hummus, but other flavors are good too. Just check the ingredients...only healthy oils and no sugar, okay? I love it with peppers, but it's good on other veggies too. I get the SF vanilla syrup by ordering it at my local coffee shop. It's the cheapest way I've found. You can also sometimes find it at places like Ross or TJ Maxx. I found a ton at TJ Maxx just two weeks ago..$6 a bottle! DaVinci and Torani both make great syrups made with Splenda. I use the in my coffee, but also in yogurt, in smoothies, in deserts, and in my cocoa.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:55 PM   #65  
Cat Lover

Laurie, You have been a fountain of knowledge and a great moderator. Thanks for the advice. You mentioned that I would feel better after day 5 and I do. I think the tree pollen was bothering me some. I wasn't thinking about how green peppers are a good carb. I ate a whole one tonight with...HUMMUS! I love hummus and I buy the Cedar's Brand. Cedar's has less fat and calories than Three Sheiks and Athenos, but I bet it is harder to find nationwide.

You chicks are great...I'm having fun! Happy Mother's Day and Happy Weekend to All!!

Sandi
Old 05-07-2005, 07:44 AM   #66  

I plan on entending a few days to make up for the cheat.
I have found that I love Laughing cow cheese. If I have it late in the day with some lactaid pills I have no effects ( Lactose intolerant). It gets me through the mid afternoon munchies. I find that one wedge can fill two big celery stalks so the crunch factor is there. I am going to try wrapping my turley around a pepper slice. for lunch. My students think it is funny when I am eating the sliced meat without bread, But I actually like it more. I dont miss the bread at all. Sometimes I wrap in a big romaine leaf. Another thing that has goeens me through snack cravings is sliced cucumber with chees on it. I guess you get creative as you go along. I am going to try one of the "mock" breakfast this weekend to see if I like them.
I also plan on making one of the breakfast cups to take to work. I read that kraft low fat shredded cheese has no lactose so I am going to try it first before I take to work. I may omit the cheese and see if I like it too.

Last edited by chilichick; 05-07-2005 at 07:46 AM.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:07 PM   #67  

I forgot about that pesky little phase one headache
Old 05-08-2005, 09:46 PM   #68  
Cat Lover

Chilichick, have you had headaches on Phase 1 before? I'm still not sure if mine is do to allergies.

Well ladies I was at "Temptation Island" this weekend (my mom's). There was candy just sitting on the table and my mom drinking beer! BUT..I made it through! I have been very OP!!! I also have lost 7 pounds since day one!

Thanks everyone, this week will be easier!

Sandi
Old 05-09-2005, 09:58 AM   #69  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Sandi, great work! That hummus sounds fantastic...I haven't seen it before. I'll have to keep an eye out!

Chili, three to five days past that cheat and the headache will be gone. No cheats=no headaches. It's a good thing. I know you'll make it through!!! Sounds like you are doing lots of healthy eating!
Old 05-09-2005, 12:54 PM   #70  

Into the second week!
B: garden Vegetable egg beaters
S: 10 almonds
L Diet Pepsi and 3 slices of LF ham around red pepper slices
S: 2 stalks celery stuffed with one wedge Laughing cow cheese
D: Taco bake with ground turkey ( lettuce, tomoto shredded on top), SF Jello

I must remember water today. I have not had any so far * goes to get water*

Last edited by chilichick; 05-09-2005 at 01:04 PM.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:03 PM   #71  

Ilovemyluckycat that is so great. I have not weighed myself because it is that TOTM. I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised. If I get 7 pound off for the two weeks I would jump for joy. Good for you!

I had my one small cheat and just hoped back on the wagon and I am taking it one day at a time, one meal at a time.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:40 PM   #72  
bpw
Beth

Hey Everyone!

It's been a full week for those of us who started/re-started Phase One on May 2! Shouldn't we all post how we are doing??? I would have started a new thread but I have a heck of a time navigating around this website. I am slowly learning new things, but it will take a while!

I lost 10 pounds (but I know thats mostly water in the beginning!)

I was 100% OP! And all the cravings are gone - the only problem is that I tried the recipe for peanut butter cookies and I LOVE them - having a hard time limited the number I eat so I don't think I will make them too often. But its a WONDERFUL recipe to have when I NEED something extra yummy.

Not that I want anyone else to suffer - it's nice to know I am not the only one who has to deal with that killer headache! 24 full hours of it! What a relief when it finally passes - I should try to remember that awful feeling so I never need to go back to Phase One again!

I am so glad I have this site to learn to much and get such encouragement. Thanks to all who write and share.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:28 PM   #73  

I have been low carbing for a year but I have been stuck for about four months now. I have been going back and forth with the same 5 pounds so I have decided to go with South Beach Phase I starting Monday, May 16th. I am believing that that will get the scale moving again.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:13 AM   #74  
Kim

Thumbs up I've lost 8 pounds so far!

I started on Sunday May 1st, and so far I've lost 8 pounds!!! I'm so excited! I've stayed totally on program except I went a little over with peanut butter a few times. It's out of my house now though.

Sandy-Congrat on the 7 pound loss!!!!

Chilichick-How was the taco bake? It sounds like you're doing great!

Beth-10 pounds! WOW!

Beckatz-Good luck with Phase 1!

Laurie, Ruth, and Barb-Thanks for the great advice! Glad you are all here.

Gina, attackpanda, the lastdietjen, and Bamigirl-Hope you're all staying on program. Let us know how you're doing.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:49 AM   #75  

The taco bake was good. I used ground turkey and fat free refried beans that were spicy. I did not have any salsa, but I did not miss it. It is one of the very few things I cook that my son will eat. He usually eats it with taco chips, but he made a salad with it and I had no complaints.
Closed Thread