South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 11:01 PM   #46  
A Lily from my yard!

Sandi...No pudding on P-1. Sorry! Welcome to the forum! You can have yogurt in P-1 now. If you have not seen the most recent food list you might want to check it out in the F & Q section. Lot's of goodies have been added to P-1 and 2.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:33 PM   #47  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Sandi, welcome! Nope, no pudding on Phase 1 (good call, Bamie!), but you can have it on Phase 2. I make a protein smoothie with yogurt, protein powder, ice, and SF syrups (right now I'm hooked on raspberry). Not as good as with fruit, but still yummy.

Have you guys seen Swimgirl's challenge? Ellis stickied it. Pretty cool support for Phase 1!

Today I did my usual for breakfast:

B: 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese with 1 cup grape tomatoes, 8 oz skim milk
S: 1 cup FF yogurt with cinnamon and SF Vanilla syrup
L: Leftover Chicken Divan, Refried beans or 3 bean salad, creamsicle
S: Pepper with hummus
D: Some kind of soup...I've forgotten what it is!
Dessert: PB cup and cocoa

Did 20 mins on the elliptical this morning and have an hour long balance ball class tonight. I'm still feeling flu-ish, but having less craving thoughts. It's such a relief to get to this point and feel the control food has over me slipping away.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:22 PM   #48  

I do need to get in more veggies. I have been doing salad greens and celery. I will try some peppers with hummus as my snack. The veggie omlette sounds good. I think I will try it tomorrow.

B: Lactaid cottage cheese , coffee
S: 10 almonds
L: small low fat low sodium lentil soup, Hard boiled egg
D: lean steak with asparagus and string beans, Sugar free Jello
S Laughing cow light swiss (1wedge) with 2 stalks celery
Old 05-04-2005, 07:17 PM   #49  
Cat Lover

Thanks for the info BamieGirl and Laurie!

So is it okay in P1 to have a sugar free fudgesicle or sugar free no fat fruit yogurt? Even if it is I am going to wait until P2 because it will be something to look forward to! I'm not at all hungry on this diet, but I am really tired and a little fuzzy and I have a constant light head ache (yes I am having some caffeine). Still beats feeling bloated and doughy.

Sandi
Old 05-04-2005, 11:18 PM   #50  
Kim

I'm doing O.K. so far, I think. I've been drinking my water, eating my vegetables, and exercising 1-1 1/2 hours each day. The only thing is I've had a hard time eating only 2 tbsp. of peanut butter. Actually, after my workout I had 2 tbsp, then another 2 tbsp for an afternoon snack. Since I probably burn between 300 and 550 calories per day with my workouts, do you think it will hurt me? I weighed in at 160 on Sunday and miraculously the scale said 153 this morning. I know most of its water, but I'm still excited! It sounds like everyone else is doing great!!!
Old 05-05-2005, 07:38 AM   #51  
A Lily from my yard!

Sandi..Check out the updated food list. I think the yogurt in p-1 is just plain. I'm not a yogurt eater so I can't say for sure. He says you can have up to 2 c. of caff. a day as long as it does not cause you to stall. Hope the headache passes soon. Are you eating enough?
Old 05-05-2005, 09:28 AM   #52  

cool thank you so much thats what i thought i was just unsure
Old 05-05-2005, 09:38 AM   #53  

I would just like to say to all ladies thank you so much for everything you guys look like you are doing so well you all should give a big yell for how much you all have lost and i cant wait to get were you all are at thaks for the info ill talk again later feel free to email me and what about peanut butter that just freaks me out that you can have that !!
Old 05-05-2005, 12:50 PM   #54  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Sandi, those feelings should go away by day 5 of your first week. If they haven't, see your doctor, okay? Make sure you are getting lots of water and eating good carbs (beans, peppers, tomatoes) to ensure that the feelings go away. You can have no sugar added fudgesicles and no sugar added creamsicles, but make sure you count them as part of your 75 cals of sweet treats. You can have plain yogurt and use SF syrup to sweeten it, but no fruit-flavored yogurt until Phase 2. When you get there, make sure the fruit flavored is sugar free, okay? You can also add SF jam to plain yogurt. Eating three servings of milk or yogurt each day reduces your belly fat! Make sure you are eating natural peanut butter, the kind with only peanuts and salt as ingredients, okay? I love it too!

Kimberly, check out the calories and fat with that peanut butter. It will hurt you a lot!!! You definitely need to keep to one serving. If you find that you can't, get it out of the house, okay? Make your snacks more about veggies and protein, not just protein...it'll fill you up more and make you much happier! Try peppers and hummus for some good, Phase 1-safe carbs.

I know I'm probably boring you with my menus, but it definitely helps me to post them! Thanks!

B: leftover chicken divan and 8 oz of milk
s: 1 cup FF plain yogurt with vanilla SF syrup and cinnamon
L: salad from local salad bar with cabbage, broccoli, radishes, cauliflower, chickpeas, spring mix, spinach, tomatoes, cubed turkey, and 2 Tbsp spicy ranch dressing, homemade 3 bean salad (maybe)
s: pepper with hummus
D: Chicken salad (with mayo and celery), 3 bean salad, green beans or other veggie/spinach salad
S: celery with laughing cow
Dessert: PB cup and cocoa

Have a great OP day!
Old 05-05-2005, 12:50 PM   #55  
attack panda

Default New to the group and the Beach

Hello everyone,
my husband and I started phase 1 on Monday the 2nd, and I joined the group last night.

It's really wonderful to have a group of people to share my "suffering" with!

I have PCOS, and the doctor recommended this diet for me, so hopefully it will work. I've lost 9 pounds on my own in the last 6 months, but that's been all in since 1997. Here's hoping.

We are also trying to achieve my second pregnancy, and we go to the fertility doc on the 16th.

Here's hoping!
Old 05-05-2005, 06:11 PM   #56  
Kim

Laurie-thanks for the advice. I might have to get it out of the house. I love it! Also, thanks for posting your menus. We newbies need ideas. Where do I look for hummus in the grocery store? I've looked at some of the recipes and I don't even have any of the spices they call for, so I'm going to have to gradually build up my spice collection. I've read somewhere that most larger stores have hummus already prepared. Do you eat it with bell peppers? And is there a certain brand I need to get for the vanilla sugar free syrup?
Old 05-05-2005, 06:20 PM   #57  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Kimberly, I found hummus in the deli section today along with cheeses and things like spinach dip and red pepper dip. It's very easy to make from chick peas. I must see if there is a recipe.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:12 PM   #58  

Today was a stressful day and I did have a diet coke with ...*wispers* rum.

But that happens. Tomorrow is another day. My food intake was good though

Breakfast was scrambled egg with lowfat boiled ham

Lunch was 3 slices low fat turkey bolongna

Dinner was chicken and black beans in salsa
Old 05-05-2005, 09:24 PM   #59  

Kimberly - I buy Athenos brand Hummus. I've seen it at Kroger and Tom Thumb and other grocery stores (I think Albertson's). I like the spicy three pepper one. The Greek is also great. They use healthy oils in the hummus.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:32 AM   #60  

On todays menu:

B Scrambled egg
S:15 almonds
Lunch 3 slices of tukey and salad
S: wedge of laughing cow cheese and celery
D: hamburger, no bun with a green salad Sugar free Jello

I need to add more veggies ...suggestions???
Closed Thread