South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 06:50 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Thursday Beach Chat 10/21

Good morning, Chickies~~

Wow! Two days in a row for me to start the thread. Either I'm getting up too early, or you all are sleepyheads!

Got my hair trimmed last night and I feel much lighter...but as far as a slimmer me...PUHLEEZE...I'm still shaped like a fire hydrant.

Not much else going on in my world...so I'm off to the shower.

You all have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 10-21-2004, 07:43 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Lord! I woke at 2 for a pee break and just woke up again a few minutes ago! This is ridiculous. I have to scurry around this morning because I go for a haircut but I'll try to pop in later.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:52 AM   #3  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning all!

Just a quick drive by this am because I'm off to training again today! I wanted to update my body fat % because it is going down! Yeah!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-21-2004, 08:10 AM   #4  

Anchor weight: Congrats on the body fat!!! That's such a good feeling. Keep up the good work.

Mamacita: I would have to say you're getting up way too early ... hahahahaha. Also, I LOVE to get my haircut. I love healthy it feels afterward. Don't you guys agree?

So this is my forth day of Phase I and I'm down two lbs. I think that I ate a little too much peanuts yesterday... actually, I know I did. But I have packed a totally OP lunch for today so I'm crossing the fingers for a couple of more lbs by the end of the 7 days.

My mother, sister, and I have a date tonight to paint pottery. It is a place where you pick out a piece of pottery and paint/decorate it however you'd like. I love to paint and be creative so I'm excited. I think that I'm going to do a couple of pieces between now and Christmas and use them for gifts. I'll let you guys know how it goes! Have a great day ladies.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:33 AM   #5  
Palm tree/Beach fanatic

Morning all

I'm down 5 as of this morning. Also Day 4 of phase 1. I'm pretty psyched too.

Ali - I had trouble with the nuts yesterday too! Keep up the good work girl! We'll get there.

Mama and Ruth - I absolutley love getting my hair done. It makes me feel pampered.

Not much going on here today. Working hard. My breathing is better but I seem to have a bad cold brewing. Everyone have a wonderful day!
Old 10-21-2004, 09:00 AM   #6  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Good morning! Well, I am EXHAUSTED today -- I guess this last trip really took its toll. I wanted to stay in bed sooooo badly this morning! Anyway, tomorrow it's BACK to KC for my cousin's rehearsal dinner, and then Sat. is the wedding, then it's BACK home to host DH's birthday dinner and then time to get ready to leave for Vegas a week from today. I'll be gone 8 days! I am already trying to get myself psyched up to work out everyday, and stay OP so I can lose while I am gone and make some good out of this trip!

Lauren
Old 10-21-2004, 10:11 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Morning all!

Mama, you are definitely up too early. I seriously doubt you look like a fire hydrant!!! I bet you look lovely with your new haircut!

Sheesh, Ruth, between you and Mama, I feel like I have really ratty hair! I haven't had a cut since July! I know you feel lazy when you sleep in, but with your cold, I think it's great that you are getting some rest!

Anchor, congrats on the body fat reduction! How are you measuring it?

Amur, don't stress too hard about the peanuts. Maybe you should keep another nut in the house that won't tempt you to overeat? Even so, better that you stay OP, especially during Phase 1!!! You can do this, girl!

Under a Palm, congrats on the hard work paying off! YGG!!! So glad the breathing is better...take care of yourself...colds going around right now are nasty! <shudder>

Lauren, you are quite the traveler! Isn't it fun going to weddings now that you are married? Is the trip to Vegas a belated honeymoon? If you get a chance, go visit the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam...both are amazing and seeing a man made wonder and a natural wonder in the same trip really makes you marvel! Enjoy!

Me:
Well...I was so stressed out that I figured I deserved a break last weekend...did errands, slept, hung out with DH, watched "Super Size Me" (which was awesome!) and a bunch of other movies, but didn't do much homework. Oh am I paying for it now!!! I have so much to do today!!! I hate that I'm not doing my very best on my assignment...especially because I have great esteem for my professor and I know she knows what my best looks like. Thankfully, my assignment is only a rough draft, so I can improve it before I turn in the final.

I'm so encouraged by the news from Ange, though I know that it is really hurting her to see her son so small and helpless. The news is so good, but knowing that your son is in such straights has to be very, very hard. I'm continuing to pray for her and wish that I could be there in person.

I'm still on my 236.5 plateau. I wasn't really worrying about it, since I usually lose too much, but I took a look at things and found that I've only lost 7.5 pounds this month...in 2.5 weeks. That's almost normal loss. Wonder if maybe I'm hitting the final slow down? Hmm... I see the new nutritionist today. We'll see what she says!

Made this awesome Pork with peanut sauce recipe from Cooking Light last night. It was amazing! I'll have to post it in the recipe section. I'm having it for lunch and then a salad with chicken breasts for dinner. Not too enticing a dinner, but I'll be eating in the dining hall with a bunch of other grad. assts. before class, so the company will make up for it.

Have a great day, all! :
Old 10-21-2004, 12:02 PM   #8  
Faith in me

Grr I just had a huge paragraph and now I dunno where it went...oh well...I hope you ladies are doing well....Yesterday I went down to Williamsburg and walked around for a bit and then went to the outlets and went shopping...I ended up getting this nice and warm sweater from eddie bauer and a long sleeved t-shirt...both in a size medium...I dunno when the last time was I was able to wear a medium!!! Very exciting! I then came home and cleaned out some of my closet....Today I go to work around 6...which is kinda odd for me...I'd rather work in the morning than in the evening....oh well...Ladies I hope you have a healthy day on the beach today!!! Send some sunshine this way when ya get a chance!!
Old 10-21-2004, 12:25 PM   #9  

Laurie -- Unfortunately, the Vegas trip is for WORK! I SO wish DH were coming. I am going to miss him!! But, yes, weddings are SO fun. Would you believe DH and I went to 12 weddings together before our own? Crazy! I will be a bridesmaid for the 7th time in April!
Old 10-21-2004, 12:42 PM   #10  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default Me too!

I'm also on Day 4 of Phase I!!!!

Wow! I didn't realize so many people in the same boat!

Okay, I can't tell you how many pounds I'm down because I agree not to look at the scale until November 1st.

But here's what I have to say about Phase I - I AM BEGINNING TO HATE EGGS!! Wah! I got up this morning and I almost couldn't bring myself to eat those stupid eggs again. What else can I eat for breakfast that doesn't contain eggs?

Last night was the worst. I so wanted to cheat. But I didn't and the feeling has passed.

Under a Palm Tree & amur - I'm glad to have other chicas along for this ride. Only 10 more days (gulp!).
Old 10-21-2004, 02:30 PM   #11  

I don't blame you for the egg-hating. I was the same way! How about a diff. variation on the egg? Like a hard-boiled egg? Even chopped up with a little LF mayo made into egg salad? Or chicken sausage? Or just a slice of cheese? BF during phase 1 is a tougie!!
Old 10-21-2004, 02:58 PM   #12  

Goddess Jessica: Good to see we're in the same boat. Def. a good idea not to step on the scale until Nov. 1. I'm just too curious and I have to do it every few days to see if I'm on track.

About the eggs. I don't know how you feel about ricotta. But one of my absolute favorites is in the recipe section. I believe it's called Ricotta frenchtoast/pancakes. Something to that effect. But it's basically ricotta, imatiation maple, vanilla, splenda, cinnamon, and a bit of egg. You cook it up like it's a pancake and let me tell you....MMMMMMM. They are a big hit on the recipe postings too. Def. worth a try. Let me know how it goes!

Alli
Old 10-21-2004, 04:30 PM   #13  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Hi all!

Bami - I'm so sorry about your cousin. That is terrible. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Beach gal - I will send you the formula to measure your body fat. I'm at work until 8 pm EST and I will send it when I get home. I wanted to buy a scale that did it automatically but I wouldn't spend the 60 bucks So I found this way to do it. It estimates it using a tape measure $1.49

Goddess Jessica - good job on the no cheating! I sometimes will do the shake for breakfast that is listed in the Phase I breakfast section. Sometimes (like today) I had about 30 seconds and I had a cheese stick and some slices of red pepper.

Alli - I love to paint pottery! Try to come up with some unique design. It is a blast. I ate too many pistachios today so I'll try to stay high on veggies the rest of the day.

At my training for elementary & primary drug prevention today they were handing out candy bars after everyone did their role plays. I wanted to get into the whole sugar as a drug thing but I decided to skip it.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:47 PM   #14  
Conquering with SBD

Hi everyone. I finally made it back here. My computer has been acting up at work and DH has been using the one at home in the evenings, so I have just been out of luck. But, I am sneaking in right now for a quick hello.

I haven't been doing much except running back and forth to the dr. I was a bit concerned that the boss would be getting antsy about me taking so much time off to go to medical appointments...then I broke a tooth last night. Right! Three more dental appointments to get that one fixed. I still have to break the news to him that I will be away tomorrow afternoon. Wish me luck.

I have also been faithfully working out. I have been working with a fitness trainer the last couple of weeks, and I hurt absolutely everywhere. I have to be away one workout day next week, and she agreed that it would be OK as long as I exercise when I am away. What a cheeky little thing that one is... She has been setting me up on a strength/flexibility program that I can do at home when she is finished working with me. Some of the exercises that she has given me make so much sense and can be done anywhere. Beats paying for a huge gym membership...although that isn't a problem since it is included with my employment (the fitness trainer, too).

It is really funny, though. I spent most of my youth swimming competitively, and developed the huge shoulders that swimmers have. Consequently, I have shied away from wearing sleeveless tops because my shoulder are gross. When I was working out this morning, the trainer mentioned to me that I have such nice arms and shoulders. Of course I disagreed with her and told her that I don't wear sleeveless tops because of the shoulders, and she just told me that I was crazy. Anyway, I'll be bringing on those sleeveless tops now...unfortunately, we have about 2 feet of snow and it is too cold until spring.

Anyway, must go. Time to go home and get some supper. Have a great day, everyone.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:24 PM   #15  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Default Body Fat %

Hi,

Here is the body fat estimation formula. Write the answer to each question down (in each section) so you don't forget while going through the formula. I tried to put lines in for your answers but they wouldn't show up. You'll need to weigh yourself prior to doing this.

a. Measure your waist with a tape measure around your belly button area. I use a full length mirror to make sure I have it pretty straight.

b. Multiply your waist measurement by 4.15

c. From this figure if you are male subtract 98.42, If you are female, subtract 76.76

d. Multiply your body weight by .082

e. Subtract answer d from answer c

f. Divide answer e by your body weight. Your body fat % is the first two numbers after the decimal point.

Let me know if this doesn't work for you. This isn't perfect but sometimes when you don't lose pounds it is nice to see the body fat % go down.
Closed Thread