South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 12:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/242/130

Height: 5'3"

Angry Whaaa! My nuts are bad!

I am usually a very good adament label reader, but I admit I didn't even think to read the one on my good, cheap nuts. Dry roasted, not honey, plain peanuts, can you believe it, have:
cornstarch
sugar
yeast
corn syrup solids
and various other unrecognizable ingredients
I am in shock, and very upset
Guess I'm going to the market tomorrow, buyer beware.
Kat
Old 10-21-2004, 02:35 AM   #2  
i luv my dog!

Those naughty manufacturers, always trying to put one over on us !!! You have to stay right on top on them every step of the way. Remember, never to ***-U-ME !!!
Old 10-21-2004, 08:54 AM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Kat, that's horrible! I'm still irritated that there is sugar in my cheap-o red kidney beans in a can! How annoying!

I'll have to check my peanuts...I have to admit that I never looked!
Old 10-21-2004, 08:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

It is so bad how manufacturers add sugar to just about every thing they can. I bought a jar of dry roasted peanuts and didn't read the ingredients label until I had eaten about half the jar. They added sugar to it, more sugar then salt! I couldn't believe it.

And I've noticed that even the not so cheap cans of kidney beans have added sugar. I thought it was just Food Lion Brand, but Goya and Hanover (I think) add sugar to their kidney beans too. Why? Bean are not supposed to be sweet.

I rinse my canned beans before I use them, hopefully that removes the majority of sugar.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:15 AM   #5  
Palm tree/Beach fanatic

I am so upset, I went home last night, checked and sure enough my peanuts are the same! URGH!!! I do have some that just peanuts but they don't taste as good. Boo hoo...
Old 10-22-2004, 08:24 AM   #6  

I've found sugar in chick peas too. I was loading up my cart because they were cheap and I love hummus, then happened to spot 'sugar'. WHY? We're going to start thinking of conspiracy theories lol!!
Old 10-22-2004, 10:01 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, it does take longer but you can buy dry beans and chick peas, soak them overnight and then cook them, The crock pot is good for that.
It's much cheaper, you know what's in them and you don't have a darn can to recycle! Once cooked, you can freeze what you don't use.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:33 AM   #8  

Decided to check out the crock pot / freezing option Ruth mentioned and found a great web site. www.centralbean.com
Closed Thread