South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 12:37 PM   #16  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hello gals. I have been away for a while... but have returned for much needed support. My friend's husband was killed in a helicoptor crash in Georgia Sunday morning. I'd only met him three times but he was really one of those people you are drawn to... you just know they are a wonderful person in those brief instances you were around them... He was only 27 and his wife is only 22... they'd almost been married two years. It's made me relize that life is fleeting... and we need to savor every moment of it... I just kept thinking, what if that was my husband... what would I do...
Old 06-29-2004, 01:18 PM   #17  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Nette-

Wow -- that's horrible. I am sooo sorry. I wish I had words of support but I don't. I can't imagine coming up with anything to help ease that pain. Just know I am here if you need to talk. Listening I can totally do.

And Sweettooth -- um, ouch? I feel your pain. I got all 4 wisdoms pulled when I was 17 at the same time. No gas [my mother didn't want to pay teh extra $ insurance didn't cover]. So, 8 shots of novicane. And it was 1 week before prom!

My mouth is still numb, so who knows when I can eat lunch. My heart is numb too for ya Nette. I "knew" Mattie Stepanak. He was a great kid, far too young to die. So death is all around me. But I try to think that it's all for a reason, you know?
Old 06-29-2004, 01:21 PM   #18  

nette how awful..... and what a dreadful shock for every body.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:01 PM   #19  
Faith in me

Hello everyone,

I'm new here. My name is Jess. I'm 22 yrs old. I graduated college back in December and I'm still having a tough time finding a job. I swear our economy sucks here. I'm about to start phase II of the SBD. It's really not so bad. I've lost about 14lbs. My mom is on the diet too. I'm not really sure she's sticking to it though. I WOULD LOVE to be in the 100's by the end of summer if not early fall.........but I guess only time will tell. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday! I look forward to talking to you all!

Jess
Old 06-29-2004, 02:06 PM   #20  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Hi everyone, just stopping in shortly to say hi to everyone!! I haven't been around in awhile but I have still been on plan. Finally let go of that pound I was hoping for. 31 left to go.

My hugs are prayers are with those that are having a hard time right now.

HistoryChick: I know how you feel. I have been out of uni for a year and am still working at the hospital which is not my field. I can't say I have been looking for the past few months since I have gotten so discouraged. I'm taking it that your major was history??? You are doing well, 14 lbs is great, keep up the good work.

Well I missed the coffee talk again this morning, but I went over everyone's post while sipping my diet pepsi, does that count. Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-29-2004, 02:11 PM   #21  
Conquering with SBD

Nette - So sorry to hear of your friend's husband. Words can never express the sorrows that we feel. You are right - life is so fleeting. Make each day count and live life to the fullest. We never know when tragedy will strike. Take care.

Jess - Welcome to the beach. It is great to have you here. Good luck on your weight loss. I know you can do it.

Jenne - I forgot about the time difference with lunch. I thought there was lots of time for the freezing to come out before lunch, but, of course, my time is just noon as we speak. You must be close to quitting time and have missed that all important lunch break. I also feel for you with the wisdom teeth - I'm not sure that I could have handled it without being put out.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:16 PM   #22  

Lol -- I had a salad from Chipotle and gummed it Peggy...lol

It just now un-numbed!
Old 06-29-2004, 04:47 PM   #23  

YIPPEE!! Got a call from the doctor awhile ago and everything is fine. The two lumps are just fibrous cysts and not malignant at all. I have been convinced they really were "nothing", but there has been a nagging fear in the back of my head. I have been tired!!! As soon as they called, I took a 2 and a half hour nap and feel much better.

I will report back later with my weekly weigh-in- I use my mom's scale for my "official" WI and we are going there for dinner tonight. (OP - she is doing SBD too).

Nette My thoughts and prayers are with your friend.

Jenn What type of salad do you get at Chipotle? I have avoided that b/c I always think of big honking burritos.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:57 PM   #24  

Karen - That is the best news possible!!! We were all rooting for you.

Jenn - Please tell us more about Chipotle. I've never eaten there but I think I live or work near 2 or 3 of them.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:58 PM   #25  
Conquering with SBD

Karen - What great news. I have been thinking about you today an wondering how you made out with the results. The longer I waited for news, the more worried I became. However, all is for naught. The rest probably did you a world of good. Whether you want to admit it, or not, these kinds of things take a toll on you. Have a great dinner tonight...we'll be waiting for the wieigh-in news tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:07 PM   #26  

Height: 5' 7"

Karen -SO glad that you're ok.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:38 PM   #27  

http://www.chipotle.com

I had a shredded beef atop black beans and lettuce with a side of guacamole and salsa on top with cheese [just a bit].

It was yummy and seemed to be OP!
Old 06-29-2004, 05:56 PM   #28  

That does sound good! I'll have to give it a try. Not tomorrow though. I have teleconferences non-stop from 11-3 so I'll need to bring my lunch tomorrow and heat it before 11 (or hope one meeting ends early so I can get to the microwave)
Old 06-29-2004, 06:11 PM   #29  

So this is the daily chatter. I am Jen and today is day 3 for me and it looks as if the sugar headaches are kicking in. Boy was I over duing it on the bad stuff before so I guess this is the payment I get.

Jen
Old 06-29-2004, 07:05 PM   #30  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi, Gane, and a big welcome to The Beach. The headaches will disappear as you detox. Did you give up caffeine perchance? Drink lots and lots of water.
Closed Thread