South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 06:31 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday Chatter

Hey chicks!

A quick drive by for me to let you know I am alive and kicking! Just been swamped this last week both at school and home. Celebrated my 37th bday on Sunday, low key and quiet- perfect day!!

Hope everyone is well- I hope to catch up on posts sometime soon! Until then- BEHAVE!!
Old 09-13-2005, 07:28 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Tuesday morning, Kiko and chicks to come.

A belated Happy Birthday, Kiko. How strange my DIL's BD was Sunday too and she is 37 as well!

I'm late again this morning - actually slept to seven! The Girls and I watched 'Scent of a Woman' last night so they are still zzzzing away downstairs. I am on a crusade to watch my old VHS films and decide whether to keep them or pitch them. I don't have a DVD yet but one of these days....

Today will be a stay at home day. I'll do my floor scraping and sort out some fall clothes. I was very warm here yesterday and we even used the AC but fall is definitely coming!

Have a great day on The Beach. Time for right now.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:36 AM   #3  

Evening Chickies...

Happy Birthday for Sunday H-ko... it is wonderful to hear that your day was lovely

Ruth, we just got rid of lots of old VHS tapes the we don't use anymore - it is amazing how many you can accumulate.

We had a long day at university today - and are all really tired. So we are off to bed early. Had a wonderful day on plan... and feel very satisfied.

Last edited by Marianna; 09-13-2005 at 07:39 AM.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:48 AM   #4  

Whhhheeeeeeeeeeeee it's Tuesday! Good Morning you Bodacious Babes!

Ruth: Home? For A whole day????!!!! INCONCIEVABLE! Enjoy your nest and watch that Knee ! Are you using a garden pad or something cushy as you scrap?

KIKO: Happpee B'day to Yooouuuuuuu! Glad you had a great day!

Me: My posts have been a bit sporatic since I needed to hop to it and finally finish this house! And I can PROCLAIM it! YES! The Move is completely over! (and the crowd goes wild!) The house is all squared away and sparkly shiny! The yard is groomed and clipped ! The garage is tidied up! One last to do is to clean my trailblazer in and out! Soooo.. This week, I polish up the resume and finally get it out to Monster and Careerbuilders! And, my dear friends Tugboat Johnny and Tracey are coming to visit in October! John asked Tray want she wanted to Xmas and she said to come visit us! (These are the friends who will be moving out here in a year or two) Today looks like overcast and humid... I guess the very outter bands or prelude to Ophelia. Perhaps a Schlub day is on the docket..hmm maybe read or pull out my needlepoint!

Have a MARVY DAY ALL![

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 09-13-2005 at 09:05 AM. Reason: fixed tag because it was driving me nuts!
Old 09-13-2005, 07:58 AM   #5  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

You ever wake up and it's FREEZING in your bedroom? Yeah, that was me today. I didn't want to come out from under the covers.

Terry went to the doctor today. Says he got the "best of both worlds." He's allowed to work as long as he does like paperwork and that kind of stuff and isn't on his ankle long, but he's not allowed to wait tables at job #2. WOO HOO, he says. (Except we're BROKE and no tip money is coming in!) That's alright, maybe he'll let it heal now.

On to P2 for me. Gotta pack lunch. Later girls.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:59 AM   #6  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning Chicks!
On the run, but wanted to share. I "only" lost 3 lbs on week 1 of phase 1 and was feeling a tad discouraged, so I got out my tape measure and my waist is down TWO INCHES!! In one week!!! So I feel a little better. I thought my belly was down some.
Hope you all have a sunny day on the beach!
Kim
Old 09-13-2005, 08:05 AM   #7  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Woke up yesterday feeling like absolute crapola. Slight fever, tummy troubles, etc... so went to bed very early last night and was blessed to have had a very light morning at the nursing home.

Still not feeling tip-top, but I'm better, so that's an improvement.

Kiko, Marianna, Weezle, and Schatzi--Hello

Ruth, glad you got a whole day at home. Aren't those lovely???

Kim, Congrats on your big loss!!

Okay, I'm outta here. Have a great day on the Beach!!
Old 09-13-2005, 08:06 AM   #8  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, chicks!! Today will be busy for me as usual, although labs are out the rest of this week so no teaching for me . I have class in the morning, then need to do some lab work, have another class, then a late lunch with a friend, then back to the lab to do some more work. Busy busy!! I'm turning out to really like this computer mapping class. It's fun! I just decided to have a positive attitude about it, and what do ya know, it's working!

Kiko: Happy Birthday!! I dreaded the 30's until I actually hit them. I spent the last half of my 20's all depressed cause I was almost 30 but then it came and went with no horrible catastrophes like 50 lbs overnight or 100 wrinkles all at once. Now I love my 30's, and damn it, I earned every year I have. I look good, feel good, am accomplishing my goals and I'm 31 and not lying about it anymore! Yay for 30's!!!

Ruth: Don't worry, I don't have a DVD either! One of these years I'll join the 21st century and get one....I may even get a cell phone too ! Have fun nesting today.

Marianna: Good job being OP today. The scale gods will surely smile kindly on you soon!

Schatzi: Hey chickiepoo!!! Enjoy your schlub day! After all the work getting the house in order, I'm sure you're due.

Everyone else, and have a great day!
Old 09-13-2005, 08:06 AM   #9  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hi, mamacita! We posted at the same time!
Old 09-13-2005, 08:44 AM   #10  
Kyemom

Hey all you beautiful beach goddesses!!!! I am in a bit of a silly mood this crisp fallish morning!!
Ruth- Stick to the VHS- DVD's scratch so easily...they are a pain in the you know where
Pear- I know what you mean about the class- I thought I would hate my English Comp class, and I am actually really enjoying it...maybe it is the whole 31 thing..as that is also my age
Weezle- hope DH gets better soon
Mama- so how was the resignation turn in?
Schatzi- take a break, Hon.
Ottoette- WOOOHOOO...WTG Girl
Kiko- Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marianna-
Me- I have been a very good girl...lol....DS football practice tonight, brought my lunch & snacks to work....I have not lost anymore lbs, but I feel like I am shrinking, so I will probably have one of 3 or 4 lb loss days very shortly!!!
Have a great beach day...I will check back in in a bit.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:44 AM   #11  

Good morning ladies!

I am having a pretty good morning this morning. I woke up late, but my co worker made some turkey bacon and egg beaters for hubby and me so at least I am on program.

I tried the Peanut Butter Stew last night. It wasn't for me, but my DH and our houseguest ate it all! At least it didn't go to waste. I made the roasted chickpeas last night too. I have them planned for one of my snacks for today. I keep meaning to save my nuts for a peanut butter cup for my dessert, but nuts is one of my favorite snacks.

I cheated last night, b/c I didn't like the stew. But, it was with a small bowel of all bran. (I'm having a little problem, if you know what I mean)

I plan on going to yoga class tonight... that is if my 3 year old is in a good enough mood to leave him with the kid care staff! (I may get lucky and DH will watch him)

I have some "Wendy's chili" in the freezer for lunch today and plan on making meatball casserole for dinner. YUM! So, I have a good on program day today planned.

Oh, I weighed and I haven't done any damage to the scale. I was happy about that, but I need to stay on track. : )

I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 09-13-2005, 09:12 AM   #12  
Who needs sleep?

Hi chickies! Quick drive by from me; I have a busy day ahead. DS starts daycare this morning , and today is DH's bday . Besides a huge backlog of laundry, dishes, and other cleaning that needs to be attended to, I need to wrap DH's presents, get his bday dinner started (I'm adapting his beloved Beef Burgundy Stew to be OP - except that I'm allowing him a few tiny baby reds in his stew as a special treat), and I'm making a batch of Whole Wheat Brownies (from the Chocolate Trifle recipe) instead of a birthday cake. I'm undecided on whether I want to just plop a dollop of CW Lite on top and pop a candle in, or make little parfaits based on the trifle recipe. Either way, it should be good. I'll see how my time goes.

At least I should be busy enough to keep the seperation anxiety to a minimum! (I hope)

Everyone have a delightful day ! Maybe I'll get a chance to come back and post more while I'm eating lunch.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:19 AM   #13  

Good morning, gals! I'm working from home the next 3 days (well, tomorrow is Jury duty so I'm not sure if I'll be here at all) which is nice because I can get some laundry done during the day. Tonight is a cub scout den meeting but not much else going on. I had two errands to run after work yesterday but still made it to the gym. I need to make time to get there more often again.

Kiko - Happy belated Birthday!

Ruth - We love DVDs and haven't had any problem with them getting scratched. My son has played is Pokemon DVDs hundreds of times without a scratch. We finally got a recorder so we can dub over some of our old stuff. Now if I can just get DH to get rid of all his old Beta tapes...

Schatzi - You have accomplished so much! You deserve a nice relaxing day.

Weezle - I wake up cold but only because DH keeps the air conditioning so cold. Maybe if he would lose some weight, Brian and I wouldn't always be so cold and our electric bill wouldn't always be so high.

Ottoette - Congratulations on the lost inches and pounds!

mamacita - Glad to hear you are feeling better. I just talked to my team lead and he sounded so sick! At least germs aren't catching over the phone.

pearshape - I've found that attitude makes a huge difference in how much you enjoy life. Glad you are enjoying the class.

djette - The metamucil really seems to help me! I always take it once a day and then sometimes have to up it to twice.

Hi, Marianna and kyemom
Old 09-13-2005, 10:30 AM   #14  
gotta lose it!

Good morning...I'm still have asleep. My father called me this morning at 6am to wish me a happy birthday...it was a nice thought. I couldn't go back to sleep though.
I got on the scale this morning & another present...2lbs down - woohoo!!
Barb - working from home...sounds nice & you can run around in comfy clothes!!
H-ko - sounds like a lovely dinner!
djett - peanut butter stew.....I don't think I would like it either!
kyemom - glad to hear that you're shrinking!
Mammita - hope you feel better soon!
Pearshape - no cell or dvd? OYI! Can't believe it!
Otto & weezle - hello!
Schatzi - glad to hear that everything is squared away!!
Kiko & marianne - hello!
Ruth - I still have my vhs & dvd's.....dbf & I have a huge 5 shelf shelfing unit to hold them all!!
Well I'm off to exercise...have a great day!!
Old 09-13-2005, 11:42 AM   #15  
Who needs sleep?

Well, DS is at his first day in daycare - my baby boy! It was hard leaving him there, but at least his cousins are with him.

I'm going to turn on Genesis and get to work (so's I won't miss him so badly, maybe)!
Closed Thread