South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 07:11 PM   #31  

Sorry, no I did not give up caffine...thought that would be entirely asking too much of myself.

Jen
Old 06-29-2004, 08:33 PM   #32  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Karen, that is such wonderful news!! I am so happy for you. I was thinking of you as well today!

Gane (Jen) I never gave up caffeine either. I thought two addictions at once might be too hard. I think you will find you naturally cut down though since you are drinkning mostly water.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:51 PM   #33  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, all!

Sorry for the quick fly by earlier...looks like a few others did the same!

Karen, I am THRILLED for you that things turned out well! Was worried for you! Looking forward to hearing your loss. Gals...that sounds like a perfect solution to our scale ho tendencies...hide the darn thing at your mother's house!

Nette, so very sorry to hear of your friend's husband. He was so young! I hope that you can feel this hug across the net and know that you and your friend are in my prayers. Hug your husband tight tonight, okay? I know I will.

Ruth, hope Harry behaved and that your arm is feeling better!

Jenn, hope your numbness is now fully gone and you are able to eat and drink! I remember that numbness from my wisdom teeth removal. That was crazy! I had the gas, but (obviously) you had to inhale it through your nose. My nose and sinuses are all blocked most of the time, and I am sure that I didn't get any real gas. I was very aware of everything the whole time, but because of the novocaine, it didn't hurt.

Sweet Tooth, hope you are feeling better, too! So scary about the nerve! Have you called to tell them that you are still having trouble with numbness? You might want to call the doctor and let him know. The worst they could say is to not worry about it, but it might be something they should be aware of.

Cottage, so glad that you are okay! Hope DH can figure out the issue with the plug!

Jen and Jess, welcome! Hope you both enjoy the beach as much as I do!

Ozziesgirl, on giving up that pound!!! I totally get your feelings on plateauing...I finally broke through over the weekend from my two week plateau. Now the weight is dropping again like crazy. I'll give it another two days before posting the new weight...if it sticks... (we need a knock on wood smilie!)

Clovey, hope you enjoyed the weeding. That's on my schedule for tomorrow...weeding and mulching. Sorry about the tube strike! What type of work do you do?

cac, so glad to hear that the chicken pox is waning! Love the tips you learned! Perhaps you could make a separate post on just that..."Things I have gained by losing" perhaps? They all sound fantastic!

As for me, I'm on day two of unplanned vacation, so woke up at 10:30 (so nice!), played on here for a bit, then went and got my charm bracelet (two new charms!), dropped in at work for a picnic/relay race (we lost, but it was fun!), went to the gym at work and did a hard half hour on the elliptical, then a half hour of weights focused on my legs. I did five squats with the squat bar (see www.stumptuous.com for instructions and inspiration) for the first time. It was so hard!!! But so rewarding and made me feel like a super chickie!

Tonight, went to OA and had dinner. Found some neat flatbreads that appear SBD friendly. They are called "Carbdown Flat-outs".

Had a delicious snack the last couple of days by combining berries with vanilla yogurt and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Today I tried cottage cheese with cinnamon and ground flaxseed. That was good too! Cinnamon is really yummy...I never noticed how much it's flavor enhances food...was too busy looking for sweetness back then! We had lackluster dinners lately, so I won't share. Maybe tomorrow?

Have a great evening, all!
Old 06-30-2004, 12:33 AM   #34  
I graduated!

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days.

Saturday I went and had my riding assessment. I "passed" and signed a lease for a horse today. I spent yesterday helping at the ranch with kids from the YWCA for the program they run there (40-some odd kids) they're letting me be an "instructor".

Today I went and rode a second horse. The first one is a 9 year old Mustang (yup... just like the wild horses) that is a great ride but has been abused and can be nasty on the ground. The horse I rode (and bathed and groomed) today is 3 years old... I think I'm just not experienced enough to ride him right now without having my own saddle and stuff... I think I just confuse the poor boy. But he's a delight to be around and just likes to play and be silly. He carried the bucket I had half way to the shower stall!

Anyway... I'm tired, sore and sunburnt (forgot the sunscreen today until too late) and the dog is whining for me...

oh... finally got a scale, so will have to add to tag line:

SW: 252 (?)

CW: 235

GW: 150 ish

Lovingly,
Closed Thread