South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-01-2018, 10:26 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default South Beach December Daily Thread

Here's to a new month! May we all balance OP eating with enjoying our families, friends and holiday treats.

(have to add the rabbit, rabbit for old time's sake!)
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:28 AM   #2  

Good morning chicks.
Bright and sunny here. Off to the grocery store soon, then it will be chores at home. Yesterday I had to attend a seminar for work; it was a long drive and day but the information was interesting. I ended the month down a pound (Yay!) and will mostly try to not gain this month.

Debbie, the bathroom project looks amazing!

Have a good day, all
Old 12-01-2018, 05:39 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good evening,

Thanks for starting up the new thread Beth. Today I ran and got some new underwear with my Kohl's cash (lol) and then went and got my ink for my printer and got groceries. Now just to relax add home this evening. I agree with Beth here is to maintaining this month and spending with friends and family.

Debbie your bathroom project looks amazing, I know you must be so happy.

Beth hope the seminar was good at least.

Have a wonderful evening.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:37 AM   #4  

Good morning,

Had a good weekend, tonight going to a dinner theater for it's a Wonderful life in the next town over. My DD1 and her Fiancee and DD2 and DH and I are going, should be fun. Scale is up a couple of lbs went to Chinese buffet last night so need to work that water weight off. Have PT today waiting on the other referral for doctor so I can make follow up for both knees.

Hope everything is going well for everyone, busy time of the year.

Have a wonderful day
Old 12-03-2018, 06:41 PM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello!

It’s hard to believe it’s December! Thanks, Beth, for getting us started for the month.

Rose, hope the dinner theater is fun tonight. I miss that. We used to go quite often in the old days.

Beth, I liked your message for the month....find balance between OP and holiday. That’s my mission.

Ceneri, waving hello!

I am currently sitting in the car in Denver. We had to disconnect the complicated faucet for the clawfoot bathtub this morning and bring it down to the plumbing company. We couldn’t get a small drip to stop. I think it’s fixed now but Sister and I are doing a few other errands while down. We completed a difficult interview this morning. The local radio station wanted to interview us about our mom. It went OK but we both decided we are not going to listen to it. LOL just check it off the list sister and I are doing a few other errands while down. We completed a difficult interview this morning. The local radio station want to interview us about our mom. It went OK but we both decided we are not going to listen to it. LOL just check it off the list. I may not have mentioned that my sister and I are flying down to Florida to visit my brother for five days leaving December 17. He wanted us all to be together for Christmas but I could not leave during that time. The week before works better and Kirk can stay home with the doggies and Laundromat.

Eating has been a mix mix. I am going to have meatloaf and green beans for dinner tonight. That’s a good enough plan for me.

We still need to reattach the faucett when I get home. I’d prefer her not to but I could take a bath or shower tomorrow morning if we do. Guess that’s the winning boat. Talk to you all soon

Last edited by Lexxiss; 12-03-2018 at 06:42 PM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:16 PM   #6  

Good evening, chicks.
Pearlrose, the theater sounds like fun! We haven't done that in ages. I think I shall have to look around for a holiday play or concert to go to with DH.
Debbie, sounds like you have a plan for the faucet snag; hope you got it re-installed and that it is drip free.
Cenari, hope things are going well.

The weekend was productive but somehow the normal niggles got in the way of doing full-scale decorating. We did manage to score the roast we wanted for Christmas Day; it is now happily sitting in the freezer with a very off plan dessert. I ended up roasting a turkey breast yesterday; I needed the room, a breast is the right size for DH and I and I will get a full turkey to cook when the boys are home. I'm trying hard to make good choices about splurges vs. OP. One day at a time, right?

Have a good evening all.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:46 AM   #7  

Good morning,

The dinner theater was great last night. I just looked outside and its snowing lightly, guess it's December for real. I am stressed out about work, an email came out yesterday with new positions and my boss needs to apply for her own position. I set up an appt with my VP tomorrow to talk about it. Wondering if I am going to have to apply for my own position when it is comes to that time too. Crazy times. Eating has not been so good really need to mix in some good days in there.

Debbie sounds like you have the bathtub fixed so thats good

Beth I need to get some food for Christmas dinner but it can wait lol

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-04-2018, 11:15 PM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good evening!

Rose, sorry to hear of the work stress. It sounds pretty dumb to me. Hope you can get some answers.

Beth, what kind of roast did you get? I have a hard time decorating when the niggles aren’t complete.

I spent most most of the day picking up and cleaning. All the work tools are out and I have some clean areas. Bed has clean sheets. I can hardly wait. Carpet cleaned tomorrow and a run to Costco so I have much to do tomorrow morning. I’m watching the need waiting for 10pm to lock the door at the Mat. Food choices good today.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 12-04-2018 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:03 AM   #9  

Good morning,

Getting ready to head to PT and then going into work- we have our "Winter luncheon" today and meeting with VP today. My co-worker talked to him yesterday and was positive talk so hoping the same for me. Helped me sleep better that is sure. Going to try and make good food choices today.

Debbie sounds like you are slowly getting everything cleaned up. When do you leave for Florida?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-05-2018, 03:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Chicks,
I'm still here. We got back Mon & will be on the road again next week. My diet has not been great, admittedly & I'm avoiding the scale.
I hope to catch up reading your posts this week. We haven't even got our tree up yet! DH just hauled it up today.
These Dec days are flying by already. I get panicky looking too far ahead, so just taking little chunks of 'to dos' & enjoying day to day.
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:18 AM   #11  

Good morning,

Not feeling very upbeat this morning, I was told to apply for my boss job because it is not just a formality. I feel so bad for my boss, yet the same time have to worry about myself and I feel so guilty but I applied, had no choice. I am hoping everything works out like it should, just been praying a lot and not eating well. Today I am going to try to stay op all day, I have dinner thawing in the fridge so have something op planned. Knees still bothering me as well, I ordered some natural healing supplements that I have used before for back pain and it worked so hoping it will do the trick, it's expensive but whats worth more than your health and getting off motrin and iburofon.

Sorry for the sad update but it helps me to write it out.

Cenari Hi I have been getting on the scale just not liking what I am seeing. December is flying by already.

Have a great day everyone
Old 12-06-2018, 05:56 PM   #12  

Pearlrose, sorry to hear about the stress at work! I know how awful those situations are. Sounds like you are doing what you can to cope with everything.
Cenari, I have candles in the windows and that is about it. I really want to decorate this weekend. Sounds like you are busy.
Debbie, I bet you are glad your project is wrapping up. We got a rib roast for Christmas Day; the boys love it and I just try to watch my portions.

Trying hard to make good choices as we move through December and the holiday season craziness increases. Work is very busy since the robotics team competes right after we come back from our break.

Have a good evening all.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:51 PM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hello!

Ceneri, welcome back. You have been missed. I get on the scale every day. It takes the mystery out of it even when I don’t like the news.

Rose, so sorry to hear of the work stress. Am I correct-not good for your boss. Keep praying that is a positive thing. You had asked, sis and I are going to Florida Dec. 17-21. Short and sweet.

Beth, candles in the windows look nice. You reminded me I could go hang my solitary wreath....maybe tomorrow. Think I should take a bath tonight instead.

I had a busy day still putting things away but enjoying my clean carpets. Talked Kirk into helping me with returns to HDepot-around $400 back to CC! Got some paperwork and phone calls in, too. Resting now. Kirk has to clean/close Mat at 10.eating pretty good. That’s the news from here.
Be back tomorrow!
Old 12-07-2018, 01:12 PM   #14  

Good afternoon,

I managed to eat mostly op yesterday, so going for mostly op today. My supplements arrived so started on that last night, hoping to feel better in a few days. Continue with PT and exercises at home as well.

Beth I used to put candles in the windows I like them but now we have those magic star projectors that project on the house, easier to set up.

Debbie I am sure you enjoyed your bath last night and that was great getting that much back to your CC. Your trip will be here before you know it. Yes, doesn't bode well for my boss, the application is requiring a degree and she was close to one, but does not have so I don't even know if they will interview her, the process is automatic and if you select no for degree it kicks your application out unless hiring manager asks for it.

Cenari this time of the year it is hard to stay op but like Debbie I like to weigh daily so I know the damage and can try and contain it a bit.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:10 PM   #15  

Good evening.

I'll chime in and say I weigh daily also. Like you Pearlrose, I don't stress over the numbers but I like to know where I am and use it to stay focused. Food has mostly good this week, and I started wearing my FitBit again after a few months off; I know I do a fair amount of walking at work but I thought I needed to track my steps this month. Trying to stave off the holiday gain.

I'm off to bed soon. I have big plans for decorating this weekend. (maybe this time I will actually get it done! )