South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-20-2018, 05:52 PM   #31  

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks, Cenari. I am also trying to think a bit before indulging; maybe I could enjoy a FEW treats rather than ALL of them. lol But I can't pass up the homemade treats some of my students have been bringing me.

Looking forward to DS2 arriving Saturday and DS1 coming Christmas Eve. This is the time of year I feel like they live too far away!

Have a good evening chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 08:32 AM   #32  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

So glad it's Friday. I haven't been sleeping great lately, wake up when motrin wears off. Ugh, scale is up a couple of lbs too, so going to be like Beth said enjoy a few treat but not all of them lol. I am not going to do Phase 1 until January either but need to keep it in check. I made follow up appt with Ortho doc for next week, think it is time to do an MRI to see what is going on, I think it might be a bone spur or something that is causing the severe pain and not just arthritis (or at-least I hope so).

DD2 is coming over tomorrow and we are going to get nails done, she wants her done before Christmas eve party since she will be showing off her engagement ring lol.

I hope everyone enjoys the upcoming festivities.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 11:53 AM   #33  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!

made it home late last night I’m back at the restaurant already. We had a nice visit and got a lot accomplished for our brother. Have a great Saturday! Everyone’s busy I’m sure!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 08:01 AM   #34  

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.
I made Kalyn's SF pumpkin cheesecake yesterday; at least there will be 1 SB dessert mixed in with the others. DS2 made it home safely and hopefully DS1 will beat the snow flurries today.
Debbie, glad you had a nice visit.
Have a good day all!
Old 12-25-2018, 09:18 AM   #35  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Merry Christmas!

we just got back from Glenwood. Kirk has to go to the dentist yesterday. Infection. Fortunately he got antibiotics or would be in pure misery today.

We we are going to have our favorite one pot dinner. Roast simmers all day then we add veggies and potatoes at the end. Two pies store bought and that’s it. Sis is going skiing this morning. I am going to try to no do any normal project but pull out sewing machine for mending and maybe new potholders for the restaurant. I think a hot bath is in order, too.

got on the scale this morning. No time like the present to keep in touch with my goals. Today-simple-don’t overeat.
Old 12-25-2018, 09:38 AM   #36  

Good morning.
Debbie, that sounds like a great day. Enjoy yourself.
Pearlrose and Cenari, hope you are enjoying time with family and friends.

We have too many desserts in the house but so far I have limited myself; I will relax a bit today but don't want to go too crazy! I'm trying to keep breakfast and lunch (mostly ) OP at least.

Have a good Christmas Day, chicks.
Old 12-26-2018, 12:35 PM   #37  

Good morning,

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I enjoyed spending time with all of my children, we had a great time. I ate way too many cookies so today I have sworn off sugar until New Year's day where I will switch to full Phase 1. Went to PT today and tomorrow I have follow up appt with the doc.

Debbie sounds like you had a wonderful meal planned for yesterday.
Beth hope you are enjoying your DS's.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-27-2018, 09:22 AM   #38  

Good morning,

Made it successfully through 1 day with no sugar consumed. Still eating too many carbs like corn on the cob and potatoes but one step at a time. The scale even cooperated and went down 1 lb. Today is follow up appt with orthopedic doc hopefully we can find out what is really going on with knee. It is quiet at home, just DH and I and the pets, DD2 is staying with DD1 until Saturday.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-28-2018, 08:36 AM   #39  

Good morning.
Pearlrose, I have eaten too much sugar the last few days too! I will try to reign things in a bit today; I see a full P1 coming soon. Tomorrow DS2 will leave; once it is just DH and I it gets easier. Hope you were able to get some answers from the doctor. The not-knowing is frustrating.

Have a good day, chicks.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:16 AM   #40  

Good morning,

The doctor agreed that an MRI needed to be done- so it is scheduled for next Friday, with the holidays and all. Still trying to clean up my eating a bit and looking forward to Phase 1 in January.

Beth hope you are enjoying your time with your DS'

Have a great day everyone
Old 12-30-2018, 07:33 AM   #41  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

hi ho hi ho it’s off to work I go! It’s been a busy week here and we finally finished out our Christmas stuff with Kirk’s daughter last night. She flies out sometime today and is in Denver with her cousins now. I’ve already gotten back to a better food plan. I am packing my lunch to take to work every day now. I have done that before and just stopped. Time to get back into those healthier habits. I do find that I don’t grays if I have my lunch which includes an apple, carrot sticks and a sandwich.

i’m thinking that my plan for January will be to eat from the freezer and try to plan a day ahead. Maybe even do a little cooking ahead. One step at a time. The scale is already coming back down and I think instead of a full phase one I’m going to try a new habit of writing my plan down, sticking with it, and doing analysis based on how the scale reads. Since my nemesis is some late night snacking with an appropriate foods I’m going to see if it works better to plan for appropriate snack foods and stick with it.

Have a great day everyone! I will also try to get back to more regular posting. I miss you all. Have a great day!
Old 12-31-2018, 07:52 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Happy New Years Eve, Chicks!
My 3FC screen looks different, not sure why, I probably should update.
Not surprising, I've been way off plan since Christmas. I no sooner think I'm doing better & a neighbor brings chocolates or we get an Omaha steaks pkg gift delivered with apple tartlets!! It's hard not to at least taste the gifts.
I will be back to Ph1 on Jan2 and can honestly say I'm looking forward to it.
Are any of you novel readers? I'm reading an easy, funny book about a dinner club group on a low carb, low fat diet. It's 1st in a series by Ellery Adams. It's kind of motivating in a weird way.
More next year✌

Last edited by Ceneri; 12-31-2018 at 08:26 AM.
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 09:06 AM   #43  

Good morning chicks and Happy New Year's Eve.
The news from my corner of the country is the same as Cenari: too many sweets, although the end is in sight. I froze the leftover cheesecake, have NOT opened the newest box of chocolates (it's relegated to the pantry shelf) and made a veggie omelet for breakfast. After a week of over-eating I am ready to get a grip. I am pleased to say that I have been exercising most days; I have a lot more time when I don't have to go to work. lol

The kids are both gone but DH and I may make a quick trip to see my parents this week as long as the weather holds. (I did not mail their gifts so that motivates me more)
Debbie, my freezer is full so I should make a point to eat from it this month too.
Tonight will be a quiet night at home. I told DH we are going to open the bottle of champagne we bought LAST year; we'll see if it is still good.

Have a great day, chicks.

Last edited by Beth19; 12-31-2018 at 09:07 AM.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:16 AM   #44  

Happy New Years Eve!

I have been laid up since Saturday night with a stomach bug, but I am feeling a bit better if weak today. I am working today and am supposed to go with DD2 to meet DD1 and her Finance and family for dinner, we shall see how I feel later. DH went to Memphis for the Liberty bowl. Eating has still not been the best and looking forward to phase 1. I will probably start on the 3rd because DS birthday is on the 2nd and we are going out to eat and not sure where yet. If it is a place I can stay Phase 1 I might start on the 1st.

Happy New Year! I hope this is a year of blessing and happiness and health for all of us.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:28 PM   #45  

Default Just started phase 1

Hey everyone! I just started phase 1 and i joined this website because it seems informative and supportive. I know you shouldn't calorie count but sometimes i feel like i'm not eating enough. Also when do you first start to see the weight loss? I'm into my third day today.
skevett is offline   Reply With Quote