South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 10:18 PM   #1  

Default Hmmm I don' t see my thread

Hello all I am new here My name is Carol and I have about 100 pounds
to loose and I am also in California. I will be starting the south
beach diet on friday and have a question? I just got done reading the
book but Dr Agaston does not tell us if we can substitute anything
like the canadian bacon and so forth and where do you purchase
laughing cow cheese at? I'm in northern california and was wondering
if we cannot find the cheese can we subsitute that as well. Catching
breath lol and my last question is I read where he said we should eat
untill we are NO LONGER hungry does he mean as far as the protein
goes? Or just the vegetable selection? Thanks so much and also thaks
for having me

Carol
Old 09-03-2003, 12:14 AM   #2  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Welcome, Carol! I think you'll find this one of the friendliest and most helpful forums in cyberspace!

I'll see if I can answer your questions:

You can substitute any item on the "foods to enjoy" list for phase 1 for any of the suggested menu items. Turkey bacon is a good substitute for the Canadian bacon, or you could use lean ham (just not honey baked or sugar cured!)

Remember, the menus in the book are only suggestions, so feel free to mix and match, make substitutions, and make this WOE fit you!

The Laughing Cow cheese is available at most grocery stores as far as I know. I can't find a website to check availability in your area, but you can ask at the store. It is a very mild, soft cheese that is great on veggies, ham, etc. If you can't find it I think lowfat cream cheese would be a good substitute.

As far as eating until you are no longer hungry, I think that means eat a wide range of "acceptable" foods until you are satisfied. When I am having a hungry day, I try and concentrate on more veggies and lean meats and watch out for the higher fat stuff, like cheese.

I hope this helps!
Old 09-03-2003, 12:52 AM   #3  

Smile

Thank you so much I was wondering this is my second post here being a newbie and people don't seem to friendly lol but thank you for the tips I am so lost on the SBD I will definately try the turkey bacon I think that's alot cheaper then the canadian bacon and I will try the low fat cream cheese thank you frannymae for helping me out!

Carol
Old 09-03-2003, 05:38 AM   #4  
Mous

Oh Carol, PLEASE come join us on our Daily thread.

If you need anything PM me anytime.

Lady
Old 09-03-2003, 06:09 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Oh dear!

Quote:
people don't seem to friendly
Sorry if you feel that way, Carol. This is a very friendly and supportive group. I just checked your back posts and did not see anything amiss. Did you not see the responses to your post similar to this one? It is not a standalone thread but was in the middle of New Chicks On The Beach so maybe you couldn't find it. That thread does not get read by all the Beach Beauties so questions get missed in there sometimes. However, Ellis did answer and welcome you, as did I.

Here's wishing you a wonderful time here on the Beach. Ask lots of questions and enjoy this new WOE.
Old 09-03-2003, 07:59 AM   #6  
In Control: E+R=O

Hi Carol, and welcome!

This really is a very friendly and supportive site. I'm sorry that you felt we weren't very friendly or helpful to you. Like Ruth said, I'm sure it's because we didn't see your first post. Don't be afraid to start new threads whenever you have a question or need help.

Franny gave you excellent advice! I can't add a whole lot to what she said, other than to say that a lot of us were a little confused about what we should or shouldn't have based on the book (and some of still are! ), but the best way to learn is to come here and ask lots of questions, and to read all of the other messages. There's a lot of good information here, if you have time, go back and read posts from previous days and weeks.

I hope you decide to stick around, and post often. And congratulations on chosing a new healthy WOL!!!
Old 09-03-2003, 08:08 AM   #7  
Imagine...

Welcome Carol Maybe it was a slow day, as I have found these ladies to be more than supportive. I have never witnessed anything other than kindness.

Welcome again!
Old 09-03-2003, 10:53 AM   #8  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Hi, and welcome to the Beach!!

I am on week 2 of Phase I, and just love SBD...and this site!!
I've found SBD pretty easy to follow, and very flexible.

Especially helpful is reading everyones daily posts for information. I know if I ever have a question or problem, I can come here for support.

Again, welcome, and please check in often.
Old 09-03-2003, 07:55 PM   #9  

Awww thank you ladies so very much sniff you have made me feel so loved and thank you also moderaotor to. I'm having one of those days today I fell off the wagon I should have excercised today but didn't had chinese food and pigged out *sigh* I see my dr on friday to discuss the SBD and also wls(weight loss surgery. I am so blessed to have found this site here online there are so many forums and subjects and everything. Thank you ladies for the love and support I will definatley need it. I have a long road ahead and will need all the support I can get. I am a at home mom for now taking care of my disabled son and 4 kids and trying to lose weight on top of that so today is my vent day lol

Carol
Old 09-03-2003, 08:42 PM   #10  

Carol you just go right ahead and vent. We all do at one time or another. Welcome to the beach. Post with us often......Julie
Old 09-03-2003, 09:33 PM   #11  

Height: 5'-2"

Carol, welcome! (again, ) We are very glad to have you here. Sounds like you've got your hands full. Good for you for taking control of your life and losing weight!
Old 09-03-2003, 10:52 PM   #12  
Member Florida Chick

Welcome Carol: I'm sure as time goes by you will find all these gals are a very friendly and supportive bunch. don't 'beat your self up' when you fall off the wagon. We all do it from time to time. We are just human beings. you notice I said when, not if.
because we all have our sturggles and this is a good place to come.

About Laughing cow Cheese. Do you have Albertsons stores in your area, or Super Walmart, or Sams club? I have found them in all three of those stores. They also make a little wax covered cheese, lite, sort of like a iniature Edam cheese. Very good, for a change instead of the Mozzarella sticks. Good luck in finding them.

I did a lot of switching around using the food list, and you can keep right on plan, without having to go out and buy a lot of stuff that you don't have on hand.

Also agree with all the rest - this is a good place to vent, as we all need to do that sometime, and we are all good listeners. I'm sure you will do well with the SBD. Keep us posted. Ann(Lizzie)
Old 09-04-2003, 12:40 AM   #13  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Welcome Carol!! Sounds like you have a busy life!! I feel overwhelmed with just 2 kids sometimes!!! And the others are right, DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP!!! We ALL slip sometimes (I'm just getting back on track after a 2 WEEK slip!!!)

Chinese food-I have had it while on SBD...Just skipped the rice, ordered something with LOTS of veggies (and nothing deep fried or with sweet sauce) and tried not to eat too much of the sauce. Still lost weight!!! If we are going to stick with this for life we need to figure out how to LIVE with it!!! I'm not perfect, but I'm learning to make the best choices I can under the circumstances.

Good Luck, and Keep Posting!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 01:10 AM   #14  

Smile Applauding Thank You my new sistas :)

Ladies you are the best! Thank you for being so honest here. I used to be in the firm believers message boards over there and I swear as soon as I mentioned the word cheating or slipping up I was scolded lol. I was telling my online gf today that we are only human and it is very hard eating and abusing your body for so long and then all of a sudden here you are on a strict regime and your body is craving that chocolate caramel bar (twix) lol and it's tom(time of the month) and then you buy it scarf it down and then you feel so guilty! I am starting to learn now to not beat myself up and to realize that we do from time to time become faced with lil bumps on the road. I often wonder do we just go with the bumps and let it take over us? Or do we learn how to hold on to whatever life gives us and make us stronger? I choose to be victorious because tommorw is not promised I often ask my body to forgive me and I start a new day because life is a adventure all in it's self. It just makes us stronger we choose to be defeated! And ladies we will NO Longer be defeated. Thank you from the bottom of my heart

Carol
Old 09-04-2003, 10:40 AM   #15  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

You have a GREAT attitude Carol!! I'm really trying to work towards that too, because i used to really get down on myself when I slipped up, and all it did was make me feel so bad that i slipped up MORE!! Now I am trying to forgive myself and keep on going. I'd rather beout enjoying my life anyway!!!
Closed Thread