South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 12:28 PM   #16  

thanks Operadog....I don't know if I have lost any weight yet...my scale is so screwy. I need a new one.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:38 PM   #17  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Anna-GOOD FOR YOU!!! You are doing really well, and I know you will be FINE when you go to Cape Cod.

Tahoe-We had cheesecake in the house over the weekend. I did the same thing!! Told DH and kids to FINISH it!!! Managed not to eat any, but i sure am glad it is gone!!!

Didi-YAY!!! You'll love it!!!

Meg-WOW!! You showed a lot of strength cooking all of that and not eating it.
I do the same thing when I'm entertaining, and want to move towards cooking SBD style more while entertaining too. We had mexican over the weekend, and I put it all out in bowls so I could do a SBD burrito while everybody else was making theirs the way THEY wanted it. I made mine like a big salad on my plate and ate a rolled up WW tortilla with it!! (TONS of lettuce and cilantro.)

Ellis-SORRY!! I wouldn't have joked around so much if I had known that was your favorite author. Just surprised me to see that face next to your name!!!

Sil-CONGRATULATIONS on the loss!!!! That is WONDERFUL!!!!

Melody-WAY TO GO!!!!! You are doing Great!!!

Peggy Sue-I maintained this week, and need to tighten up a bit myself. We'll do it together!!!!!

Whimsey-You are really getting in to it...YAY!!!!!

Suzanne-I'm with you!! My DH is part Italian and CAN eat like that and stay slim. If I didn't love him so much I'd kill him!!!

Twodog-It does get easier!! I've been having a few more cravings since I hit phase 2 though!!! I may need to go back to phase 1 sometimes!!

Ruth-Good idea with the ham!!! You will probably be too exhausted to cook by the time you get home tonight anyway!! You sure are a busy woman!!!

I maintained this week, but JUST started TOM, and slipped a little the last few days, so I am okay with that. Need to tighten up!!!
Old 07-21-2003, 02:23 PM   #18  

Wow! It doesn't pay to get here late!! Had a busy am and just got to posting! Looks like the program is going "automatic" for some. How wonderful it seems when the temptations are a thing of the past and we realize we'd RATHER eat healthy than not! It does happen so for those of you that are just beginning or are struggling have heart!
Melody - 9!! Way to go!!
Tracey- ~~~~~~~~~~ vibes!
I'm going to post something on my experience in the grocery store this past weekend - please check it out.
Let's all have a great week!
Old 07-21-2003, 04:17 PM   #19  

Default Happy Monday?

Good morning to everyone! Cindy - you really said it all - everyone seems to be really doing well. I am so relieved that here there isn't that sense of "diet desperation" that comes with most diets/programs. Congratulations to all of us for turning that corner and making this an "in control" place to be.

Cheers to another great week on the Beach.
Old 07-21-2003, 04:57 PM   #20  
karen3000

Hi Everyone and welcome to the newbies!!!

I haven't posted much but I try to read every day. There is so much success and support to read about here, it's wonderful and great inspiration for all of us.

Vacation is over and TOM is almost over, so I'm back in the groove again. We had our neighbors join us in the woods over the weekend and they brought so much food!!! I won't even tell what it was. I didn't stick to the plan 100%, but I didn't do too bad. Especially when that chocolate monster was calling my name. No real damage on the scale. I pretty much am staying close to the initial loss from PI. I think I will do the PI again this week and see what happens. We have a wedding on Saturday and I need to fit into the new dress I got for it.

Sorry I don't respond to everyone. I get a little intimidated and don't want to offend anyone if I forget them. As this forum is growing so quickly, it gets harder and harder for me to keep everyone straight, so generally just write a message to everyone.

We have a beautiful day here and I'm going to go and enjoy it - Have a great rest of the day!

Karen

Old 07-21-2003, 11:50 PM   #21  

Well, halleluiah. I finally got back on track today. I didn't have one single mess-up! I went swimming at my aunt's and while everybody was eating chips and dip and all that nasty stuff, I made my little cheese crisps and drank diet drinks. Hope you all had a great day too!!!!
Closed Thread