South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 05:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Default Weekend on the Beach - July 21 & 22

Good early morning, chickies!

I fell asleep reading at about 8 pm last night, so I ended up waking up at 3:30 this morning. I may try to get another hour or two in, but we'll see! I'm happy to report that the scale looks like it's back to normal. I guess I was retaining water due to all that sodium in the canned soup I was eating. I feel a lot better.

Our weight loss competition for work ends Aug 6, and there's no clear winner as of yesterday, so I'm going to do my best to take the lead. I cut out sodas completely this week and FINALLY quit smoking. (Since Monday, July 16th at 10:20 am). I also get to start with my trainer on Monday (that was postponed due to my illness) and I know that she will really push me. I'm hoping for a 10 lb loss between now and when my parents get here on Aug. 17.

Hope everyone has a happy weekend planned. I'm going to clean my office and walk before DH and I head out for Saturday morning errands. I'm picking up my Harry Potter book and then will be turning off the phone and computer until I finish it, which I plan on being able to do by tonight. It's dorky, but I can't wait to read what happens!

Have a great weekend and I'll catch up once I get out of the "wizarding world!"

~Kim
Old 07-21-2007, 05:31 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Happy early morning to you, Kim! I was so excited that someone was up so early!!!

Hope you enjoy Harry Potter!

Connor tested for, and made, his green belt at Tang Soo Do this afternoon so we celebrated at Chilis for lunch. I had a black bean burger with steamed veggies. I *did* eat the bun, but it was my indulgence for today. I'll have a salad for dinner in a couple minutes and then some strawberries for dessert and I'm off to bed. Tomorrow we're going on an excursion to a temple and folk museum, so that should be a fun day!

I'm off to make my salad.

Kara
Old 07-21-2007, 06:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Kara, WTG for Connor! I think your celebration meal was pretty excellent - I think I'd go nutty if I didn't have an indulgence every once in a while. Hope your dinner salad was great and that your trip is a lot of fun! Sounds very interesting!
Old 07-21-2007, 06:32 AM   #4  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

Taking a Harry Potter break. I've been reading about 5 1/2 hours straight. I might go break into the bagels (I've been too involved in the book to leave my bed expect for water and tissues :P) and veggies. This is making me too emotional :P

I hate to think of what I'm doing to my sleep pattern...
Old 07-21-2007, 06:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good Morning All,
Allie and Kim, I'm too jealous! I'm heading out now to get a copy of HP, and then I've got to pack this morning because we're leaving for the beach after lunch and I haven't started packing yet. It will be torture to have to wait until tonight to start reading!
Congrats to Connor!
Today was weigh-in, and this was a 3 lb week, woo-hoo!
Hope you all have a great week.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, good morning!

Thanks for starting us up, Kim! I'm glad you're feeling better, and congratulations on getting things moving downward again! I love your plan for reading the new HP book this weekend. I just started the series, almost finished book 2, and I'm hoping I can somehow manage to avoid hearing anything on how the series ends.

charolastra, don't even drop any hints on what's happening in the book, ok? I hope you can finally sleep, once you finish it!

Kara, congratulations to Connor! Do they really have a Chili's in Korea? It seems so strange that these chain restaurants are all over the world! Your trip today sounds like it will be fun and interesting, too!

Schmoodle, Congratulations on your 3-lb. loss!!!!!!! I hope you got your book, now don't forget to pack it for your trip!

I'm having a lazy start to the day. Jake has declared that we're going to clean out his workshed today. It's not exactly what I want to do, but he's been such a good sport all week, doing what I've wanted, so I guess the least I can do is give him a hand today. I'm sure the kids will probably drop in sometime over the weekend, too.
My tummy's telling me it wants it's breakfast, so I'm off to have some yogurt with a fresh peach. I'll pop in again later.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:24 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Kim: Congrats on the smoking! I think after this weight is gone, that will be my next project.

Kara: Great News about Connor and his green belt. I know those tests can be so nerve wracking!
My youngest son teaches aiki jutsu at the local university and I get so nervous! He had to have knee surgury from taking his 3rd degree black belt. nuff said.

Allie and Schmoodle: Hope you enjoy the book, but don't read it all in one day! You'll be exhuasted. I love to read, but don't have much time anymore. My Mother sent me a hilarius book called "SOMEBODY IS GOING TO DIE IF LILLY BETH DOESN'T CATCH THAT BOUQUET: The official Southern Ladies' guide to hosting the perfect wedding". I've only been able to read the first chapter and hopefully I can relax a little this afternoon and read more of it.

Lots of work to do today and am also going to a dinner party tonight. Looking forward to seeing friends and great conversation. The menu sounds awesome, unfortunately all I can really eat on it is salad, but that's ok! We are there for the company and not the food, right?
Tomorrow I am meeting some college roommates for lunch..funny how all of our social activities revolve around food, huh?

Hope everyone has a great weekend doing only what you feel like doing!
Old 07-21-2007, 07:27 AM   #8  
-

Cottage, looks like we were posting at the same time...you enjoy that peach and have a great weekend!
Old 07-21-2007, 07:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Cat! Sounds like you have a pleasant weekend planned!
Old 07-21-2007, 07:38 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Allie, enjoy the book but DON'T TELL ME WHAT'S HAPPENING!!!

Schmoodle, congrats on the three pounds!!! Woo-hoo!!!

Linda, have fun cleaning the work area! Put on some music. That makes anything seem better!

Cat, that book sounds hilarious! I'm not a Southern girl but I bet I'd still get a laugh or two out of it. Good luck at your dinner party!

My kids are eating toothpaste so I will have to post more later...

Kara
Old 07-21-2007, 08:50 AM   #11  

Brian and I are up and dressed. We'll be heading to the grocery store in a bit to pick up the cupcake/cake that I ordered yesterday. It is supposed to be ready at 9 but I am hoping it will be ready early as I am supposed to be at Tim's making more wooden beads at 9. Then we need to be at the water park by 12 for Brian's BD party.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:58 AM   #12  
faylene

Default newbie....sorta

goodmorning everbuddie
well i was here along time and lost almost 50lbs but over the last yrs have gained it all back and ive tried everything and i mean everything from slimfast to nurtisystem and nothing is working. im not saying these are not good programs but i guess just not for me. i think one of the problems about gaining the weight back was i never really completd the program...just kinda stayed on phase one and got cocky with all the weight i lost and we all know what goes before the fall dont we so a few yrs later and much more humble im gonna try again but now im 50 and im afraid it wont come off so easy this time so im gonna stick around here and get all the help i can so with my hat in my hand im back to stay!!! i started this morning with a 1 egg omelett with a strip of turkey bacon and some lowfat cheese hopefully i will be good the rest of the day too
faylene
Old 07-21-2007, 09:09 AM   #13  
-

Faylene, I'm going to be 52 in a couple of months and it is definately working for me..welcome, welcome!
Old 07-21-2007, 09:10 AM   #14  
faylene

well lets see if this works
faylene
Old 07-21-2007, 09:21 AM   #15  

Good morning gals,

Trying to wake up this morning, but it isn't happening too quickly..

Cottage I thought I was the only one who hadn't read all the HP books. I read the first one to my students many, many years ago and that is the only one I have read. Maybe I will try again.

Kara Congratulations to Conner! That is very neat.

Megan When are you getting married??

Barb I hope that the party is a blast today. The weather is gorgeous outside right now, so hopefully it won't get miserably hot.

Femme Have a great time at your dinner party tonight- enjoy your friends and ignore the food. Also, that is so exciting about the drop in clothes size. I think that is just the best feeling!

Allie and Kim Enjoy your day of reading.

Mamma This is a great way of eating and will work if you let it work!!

Me- Not sure what we are up to this weekend. DH is off the whole weekend, so I would like to spend some downtime just hanging out with the kids. We will see what it brings..... hopefully an enjoyable two days.

Where has Nessa been the last week or so??
Closed Thread