South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 08:43 PM   #1  

Angry New to SBD and have some questions

Hi there. Just started SBD and so far I really like it. I would really appreciate any advice/answers for the following questions:

Can you substitute recipes during Phase One? For example if I really like the Chopped Salad with Tuna can I make that for lunch for a couple days or would I then have to stick to the whole day's menu that listed that salad?

Same with the Veggie Quiche Cups - I made 12 and stuck them in the freezer, but I noticed that they are not on the menu until Day 12. Are the Daily Menus in the book for Phase One meant to be examples menus where meals can be mixed and matched or should I be staying to the menu plans every day as closely as possible? I guess I am concerned about the amount of food that I am making and feel like I am going to waste.

Thanks

Old 07-21-2003, 08:59 PM   #2  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Mix and match to your heart's content!! As long as you stay on the approved food list you are fine!!!!
Old 07-21-2003, 11:41 PM   #3  

Hey and welcome DCGirl, I have been doing the diet for a little over a week, and I haven't followed one day's meal plan. I'm just staying on the approved list as Dentrassi said. I didn't like most of the stuff on the menus. Most of us don't stick to those menus in the book.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:05 AM   #4  

Great! I feel much better. Thank you both for taking the time to answer
Old 07-22-2003, 12:22 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach, DCGirl! There's lots of great support here!

I just go ahead and plan my meals according to what I feel like eating but do try to stick to the approved list ingredients. I think the menu plans are there just to give folks an idea of how to fit it all together. On the other hand, some people do like the structure.
Closed Thread