South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 11:25 AM   #16  

Hi everyone and welcome to all the "newbies"

DJ...fortunately I love my eggs, but since you don't...try rolling one ounce of low fat cheese in a slice of turkey breast. Cottage cheese with diced up cukes and tomatoes is another way to go. I will have a small bowl of lentils or a veggie omelet (in this case just use the whites to hold the omelet together, egg shouldn't bother you this way)

On the days you do eat an egg...whip it up with a very ripe chopped up tomato (onion is nice in this too) add garlic and pepper...simmer the tomato (and onion) in a little olive oil until almost mushy, then add beaten egg. Or how about this... throw in last nights chicken...SHRED it up, add a tiny bit of chopped tomato or crushed tomato, sauted onion, beaten egg and you'll have a chicken hash. I do love this!!! Use olive oil, it gives it a wonderful flavor.

Remember...there is no rule that says we can't eat any and all other proteins for breakfast!! Just DO NOT SKIP BREAKFAST!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Meg
Old 07-15-2003, 11:56 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Way to go Susanje!!!!

DJ Jen, I also don't like eggs. What I have been having for breakfast is a cheese stick rolled up in a piece of ham. Pretty dull I know, but I have'nt been able to come up with anything else. Let me know if you come up with anything .

I am challenging myself to exercise a little bit each day. I was doing my Pilates for Dummies tape , but that has somehow stopped. I'll report in later if I exercise today.

Enjoy the sunshine on the beach.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:57 AM   #18  

Hey everybody,
My husband wants sausage dogs with sauteed green peppers and onions for dinner tonight. I couldn't find anything about sausages in the book. I wonder if the low fat ones would be okay? Like the Healthy Choice ones or something?
Old 07-15-2003, 01:23 PM   #19  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I think Healthy Choice have too many fillers. Maybe a chicken breast for you?
Old 07-15-2003, 01:33 PM   #20  

Height: 5'-2"

Ooops! I have the occasional Healthy Choice sausage.

Good exercising, Tahoe!!
Old 07-15-2003, 01:40 PM   #21  

Darn! I was just going to say something rude to you Ruthie, but I see you've closed the thread. I'll save it for another time.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:07 PM   #22  

May I join you? I'm over from the Prevention site--we got closed out because we are WEBTV and I love the support! DH and I started 6-12. I've lost 24 & DH 22. Would love to check in with you each day if it's OK.
Old 07-15-2003, 03:29 PM   #23  
Slimwithin

Hello all. I've been trying to stay OP but I'm afraid the PB jar keeps calling my name. There is no way I can limit myself to just one teaspoon of the stuff. Same with nuts of any kind. If they are here, I will eat them.
Congrats to those of you who are doing so well. No change on the scale for me yet but it's no wonder. I'm still checking in and hoping for inspiration.
Old 07-15-2003, 04:02 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 227/227/140

Height: 5'9"

Well, here I am on Day 8 of the SBD. A couple of things have happened...I've gotten really busy at work and I find myself generally not hungry at times. The first few days I was hungry all of the time, and now its not that way anymore...

Second...I've lost 10 pounds!!!! I think the 10 pounds I lost were the 10 I put on 2 months ago when I was having a really stressful time at my job - you know...last on, first to go...but still...its an improvement over where I was!!!

I'm taking tonight off from the Beach, because I'm going to a charity event. I'm going to try to be good, but I know that there might be occasion to "fall off", so I'm going to remember the "3 bite rule"...

Wish me luck...and have a wonderful day!!

Old 07-15-2003, 05:49 PM   #25  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Rotobabe-Have fun tonight!!!

Linda-Maybe you shouldn't eat the peanut butter. I can't stick to 1 tsp either...seems pointless to eat that small an amount of it!!! (Maybe spread on a piece of chocolate, but i don't think I could stick to just one piece of THAT either!!!) I am exactly the same with nuts, and I am just keeping them out of the house for now.

Laked-WELCOME!!! Lots of really nice women here!! AND lots of support here too, so jump right on in!!!

Bobo-Sometimes you can find chicken sausages with less fillers (Costco) or at the fresh meat counter. They are pricier, but don't shrink as much!!!

Ruth and Ellis-BEHAVE YOURSELVES!!!! (YES! Do as I SAY, not as I DO!!!!)
Old 07-15-2003, 07:35 PM   #26  
karen3000

Default Vacation is over!

Hi everyone! Lots of new names - I'll never be able to keep everybody straight, so forgive me in advance.

I managed to fall off the wagon a few times on vacation. We did a lot of physical work, so that helped, and I haven't seen any weight come back until today. However, TOM is just around the corner and I always go up then, so that could be part of the reason, right???!??

Has anyone approached this woe from the aspect of being faithful during the week and less strict on the weekends? I'm debating about trying this - PI during the week and PII on weekends). What got me thinking about this was an article I recently read about a diet plan that had you be real restrictive for 3 of 7 days and then sensible the other 4. The theory is that if you cut back on calories you initial lose until your body thinks it needs to conserve fuel (because it is getting less) and then slows down the metabolism to fend off starvation (programmed into our genes since the days of cavemen and unreliable food sources).

My plan for this week was to go back to PI but I've already "slipped" a little. I think my resolve was so mucy stronger the first two weeks I tried this. I also need to get going in the exercise department - would somebody PLEASE kick me in the keester so I can get off of it!!!!

After the 1.9" of rain last night and the 1" the night before, we had a beautiful day here today. Hope all of you had a "sunny" day, one way or the other!

Karen

Old 07-15-2003, 08:55 PM   #27  

Cindy, of COURSE you can join us!!

Linda dear, get the peanut butter OUT OF THE HOUSE!!

Rotobabe, that's fantastic!! Congratulations!!

Den, put a lid on it, will ya?

Karen, it sounds a little like the "Wendy Plan". Do you know what I'm talking about? I think you get to fall off the wagon once a week to surprise your body.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:57 PM   #28  
GARDENING ADDICT

Way to go, Susanje and Rotobabe :bravo

Welcome to our little beach, Laked and Jen. You will find everybody here very friendly and supportive.

Karen~~Hope you had a great vacation. Good to see you back here.
Old 07-16-2003, 12:05 AM   #29  

I decided to skip the sausage altogether. I ate a salad from McDonald's, and cooked for the family. Welcome new people! Linda, I had to hide the peanut butter also. The other night, I was going to have a "little bite" and before I knew it, I had eaten 3 TBS!!!!! I LOVE the stuff, and I can't eat a little either. I had really eaten well that day, and blew it in about 30 seconds!!!!
Closed Thread