Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2001, 08:55 AM   #1  
flibbertobbergenie!

Talking Daily Thread - TUESDAY

Helloooooooooo! Guess what? THe computer people FINALLY came round this morning and fixed our network access, so now I have internet at home again and so I can keep up to date with all you guys, HUZZAH! After all their stalling and telling me I was just configuring the thing wrong they found out it was a broken switch in the basement - ie, NOTHING to do with me being incompetent AT ALL. Fortunately they apologised lots for taking 2 months to get out here...

Soooooooooo I have just read all the posts from the last few days and it's so cool that so many of us are posting. Welcome, Jeaninne and Wenwella, come and post lots. This place is so cool (can you tell I'm happy to be back???)

Sounds like we are all getting on with our Christmas plans, especially Trish whose Christmas project is probably the most exciting of all ... I have just been making a gift box this morning for my bestest friend who in nearly at the end of her second year in Africa (Niger) with the Peace Corps. She's been working as a midwife and is going to train properly when she gets back to the US next year (I already have her booked for when I drop my first sprog!). It's hard to know what to send, because I don't really know what facilities she has out there (she lives in a mud hut in the middle of nowhere!), so I've got together lots of novelty candy and some magazines and even a Christmas pudding... I have just started on my cards as well, and posted off all my overseas ones, so am feeling very virtuous.

I think I am being so busy and efficient because we just had the most pooey weekend imaginable - my cat died on Friday, she was 15 and had cancer, but I didn't get to see her to say goodbye (she lives at my parents'), so that was sad. Then on Sunday my sister's boyfriend left to go back to Israel - he was living here with her for 6 months but our immigration laws won't let him work here, so he has to go home and get a job, to save up money for college. He's a lovely, lovely man and they're so happy together, but now it'll probably be 6 months (our wedding) before they can see each other again. And she's training to be a probation officer, so she can't go to Israel for another couple of years.

Aaaaaaaaaaaanyway, I have just made some yummy barszcz and soda bread, so I'm off to have some lunch. Ooh, I can check in again later on, this is so exciting!!!

hugs,
Lxxx
Old 12-11-2001, 10:30 AM   #2  

Angry

Lolly,

It is so great to have you back full force!!! Sorry to hear about your cat, although, I am not too happy with cats right now, our kitty puked this morning on my son's floor, she probably is eating shoe laces again (I swear our cat is a Bobcat, not domestic cat!!!!)

I am not feeling well today, terrible sore throat, I think I am getting a cold. But, I have been staying OP. I have WI tomorrow night, hoping for a loss.

Well, better get some work done, I will check in later!!
Old 12-11-2001, 11:12 AM   #3  
Bono Fanatic!

Hi girls!

Lolly - Good to hear from you! But I am so sorry to hear about your cat. It is so hard to lose a pet, no matter how old or sick they are. I always said I wanted my dog to outlive me because I couldn't imagine my life without him.

Tonya - I am not feeling well today either. It must be this crazy midwest weather! cold then warm, then cold then warm... definitely not a typical winter. At this time last year, we had a blizzard, and today it is supposed to be 50!

I'll check in later!
Old 12-11-2001, 11:36 AM   #4  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Here we go again!

Good morning, Ladies! I have WI tonight, so I'm getting a little nervous!
I just got a flu shot! OW!!! The actual shot didn't hurt, but my arm is starting to throb!
Lolly: So sorry about your kitty! Mine is still angry with me for getting a dog, but she's coming around.
Tonya: Ew!! My cat will puke on piano! It's really gross if I don't catch it in time....
Hi Jen!
To all those about to post...Have a great day! Must get back to work before my boss returns.
Old 12-11-2001, 11:49 AM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Well, I was again at my low point range!! YAH ME. 2 days OP and doing good! Tonight I have a pot luck. Hate counting points for those, so I will make sure I am low before I even get there!

Lolly, so sorry about the cat!!

Tonya, oh I hate those messes. My dog is worse than the cat!!

I have meetings this morning, so this will be brief! Happy OP day all!
Old 12-11-2001, 12:30 PM   #6  

Default Hi All!

Hello everyone! I am doing well-finally! I had WI friday morning and lost 1.6!!! FINALLY!!! Let's hope it continues, although I have been doing my best to sabotage my own efforts for the past few days...but I am determined to stay OP today-I will make 0 pt soup tonight as well...
Got my X-Mas tree last night-pine needles are everywhere but it smells wonderful-can't wait to go home and decorate it!!! Had a long 3 day weekend with two of my girlfriends-we had good girltime-it was fun
Have another X-Mas party this coming weekend...must bank points until then...I am going to go to spin class tongiht, I hope! Hi to all!
Old 12-11-2001, 12:33 PM   #7  
Semi-Newbie Member

HELLO!!! I have been SICK since Thursday afternoon, and got WORSE over the weekend. I didn't do anything but lay around, sleep and EAT! I tried so hard to stay OP...but according to my scales this morning I gained 3lbs!! The weekends are soooo hard for me (because I'm lazy and don't want to fix dinner, etc.), but being sick was a double whammy. So I'm concentrating on getting back on track today. I'm not doing so hot though...still have had no water, and usually by now I have drank 40oz! Oh well...gotta start somewhere. Maybe to motivate me I'll do Tae-Bo tonight, and walk.

Getting really stressed and worried about the holidays. Since Jeremy and I have gotten back together, we've struggled with our finances. Christmas is going to be a joke...not to mention being able to afford the bills. I don't know what I'm going to do. I guess I'll just break down and get a 2nd job. UGH!!! But there's no other option.

Thanks for listening to me whine this morning. Kind of like a pitty party for myself. Hope you all are doing great!!! Have missed checking in this weekend!!!

Jen-L: Ugh! Pot Lucks are the worst for counting! Hope you do well -- sounds like you are totally motivated!!

StaceyT: Good luck with WI tonight!!!

Tonya: Sorry to hear about the sore throat. It must be going around the whole country! I'm just now getting over it from the weekend. It was a bad one. Hope you don't get it too bad!!!!

Lolly: So sorry to hear about your cat. When my doggy died, it was the hardest thing to deal with. We got her when she was just a tiny little thing, and went EVERYWHERE with us. She was our baby. I know how you feel. Big time {{{HUGS}}}

HI to everyone else!!!!
Old 12-11-2001, 12:51 PM   #8  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hey-ho, me again! Just finished the work I was doing so now I can have play on the internet and catch up on all the sites I've been missing for the last couple of months ...

Mandie, sorry you've been sick. And sorry about the money thing too. I sympathise - we're living on 1 income at the moment while I finish my PhD. Can't wait till I can hand it in and get a proper job!

Tonya, JenK, sorry you're feeling grotty as well ... must be the time of year (pre-Christmas stress anyone?). Sending you all good strong healthy vibes!!!

Stacey - flu shots? Do lots of people have them in the US? There is a campaign on here aimed at the elderly, but it's quite a new thing I think. Did they give you a sweetie as a reward?

Jen-L: long time no see Glad you enjoyed your business trip ... and have fun at the pot luck! We don't do those here, I wish we did. It'd be fun ...

Lori - YIPPEE! on the loss! Mm-mm, real Christmas tree!

Re: animals and their little "foibles", one of my favourite memories of my kitty is the morning she pooed in my Dad's shoe and he put it on before he realised ... (And this was long before she was old or ill ... just evil )

later, 'gators!

Lxxx
Old 12-11-2001, 02:12 PM   #9  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hey Girls, There are a lot of posts already today. I actually just got here. I was a bad girl and took the morning off. I did not stay OP last night but the good news is that I still had a 3.5 pd loss on my home scale this am. I am not going to WWer's yet. I know that they will have lots of great deals at the first of the year so I am waiting for that. I did great op all wknd I am not sure why I blew it yesterday. Actually I was having kind of a sad day so I will blame it on that . MOving on, I think that I am going to go see Oceans 11 tonight with some of my guy friends and my friend Nikki (shes a ww'er too) B/F can't go though STUDYING I hate that word. I am so glad that I am done with my undergrad. So far my Master's Program has been low maintenance. We will see if that continues. Anyways he and I talked last night and that was nice. He is just so blah lately. I want to help him but I can't. I must love the guy b/c I swear I would do all of the work just so he wouldn't be so stressed. Sorry that sounds pretty pathetic Well I am determined to stay op today however the movies will prove to be a challenge. I love movie popcorn Ok I am done rambling.

Sickies- I hope that you feel better soon!!!

Lolly good to have you back I am sorry aobut the cat

Lori- I am so jealous. I live with my sister and she does the artificial tree thing.

Jen-Good luck at the potluck that is always a challenge. I will go popcornless is you will stay OP

Mandie- Uh second job. I am doing that right now b/c I am determined to start off the year by paying off my credit cards. It is difficult so I feel for you. One upside is that you stay busy and have less time to eat

Stacey- Good luck at WI!!!!

Oh girls thanks so much for the Ground Turkey ideas!
Becky
PS Joy, Bliss, I get to change my sig!!!!
Old 12-11-2001, 03:44 PM   #10  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hi ladies!

Lolly: I'm so sorry about your kitty. I lost my family dog six years ago and I was a mess. We had had her for 15 years. The last year, she lived with me my first year out of college. What a sweetie. I still miss her. My two dogs now are my babies! I don't know what I'd do without them. I'm fretting about them now because they're locked in my bedroom because my landlord is having a heat pump installed. Yay, heat pump! I have electric baseboard heat right now and it sucks. Half the heaters don't work right and can only be turned off my flipping the circuit breaker switch. Plus, I'll have central air for the summer.

Stacey: I got a flu shot last week and my arm is still a little sore. That stuff packs a whallop. The day I got the shot, I hadn't eaten yet and I got really dizzy and had to go find crackers in the vending machine. Lolly, they make flu shots readily available over here and have so for the past few years. We get them free through work and they bring in a nurse to give them. Last two years I've gotten the shots, I haven't gotten the flu, but I've had wicked bouts of bronchitis. If I get bronchitis again this winter I'm blaming the flu shot and not getting it again!

Yay to everyone who had a loss! I haven't had a loss in so long I forgot what it's like. At least I'm staying the same and not gaining. I don't think, anyway.

Well, I really, really have to pee all of a sudden so I'm going to run. See ya all later!
Old 12-11-2001, 03:47 PM   #11  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Hi Ladies!

Well, after 3 weeks on no WI - I weighed in today and was down 4.5!!! I'm 166.5 right now. Whoopie! I was psyched. I know I most likely won't be at 160 by Christmas, but I plan on getting as close as I can. I've lost another 14 pounds since my family saw me in July - so they'll be excited.

Now I have to go until Jan 8th with no weigh in. I'm a little scared. Our at work session ended and we don't start up again until the 8th because our meetings are on Tuesday and Christmas and New Years are on Tuesdays this year. I guess I can weigh in at the gym - but that scale's all over the place.

Anyone heard of Wendie's plan??? This girl came up with a plan that jump starts bigger losses and breaks plateaus. Don't know if it can really work... but it basically says to vary your points. That eating 22 points everyday will cause your body to adjust to that. She suggests mixing up your points and have one day that's over (but also it's from banked points - so it's still on program). I read her site and I always have noticed that if I'm good all week and have one big meal - I seem to jump start my metabolism. Anyway - here's her site and go to the Wendie's plan link: http://www.kristinamorrison.com/ww/

Lolly - I am so sorry about your cat. I lost a cat a while back and it was like losing a family member. I have a 14-year-old dog and I don't know what I'll do when he passes.

Tonya and JenK - I hope you two feel better. TAke your vitamins!

Stacy - Good luck at WI. I got a flu shot a few weeks ago and my arm was sore for days. The shot didn't hurt at all, but I was so afterwards.

Jen - I have a pot luck on Friday that I'm nervous about. I'm thinking about just not going. Any suggestions?

Lori - Congrats on the 1.6 - awesome!

Mandie - I hope you feel better too. And I know what you mean abuot bills. Last night I jsut felt so overwhelmed with money, presents and bills.

Grace - let me know how Oceans 11 is. I've heard awesome things about it and I want to see it soon.

Okay ladies - take care.

Lisa
Old 12-11-2001, 03:48 PM   #12  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone - this will be quick cause I'm still catching up on everything that happened while I was away. This new job is very busy. My Niece is doing well today - starting to wake up - no signs of rejection of the new kidney yet.
I'm doing well points wise this week - I had some Potato chips last night and they just didn't taste good - that was nice.
Hope everyone else is having a great day
KT
Old 12-11-2001, 04:05 PM   #13  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hey I am back. I am just so unmotivated at work lately. It is so weird. I ate McDonalds for lunch. I just had to confess and no it doesn't work into my day Well I haven't added it all up yet but I am assuming it doesn't . I know it is b/c I haven't been planning ahead and cooking. I just grab whatever is handy. Last night it was Pizza today McD's. I am going to try and plan for tomorrow. I am so mad b/c I had a good loss and I am hoping this doesn't cost me a gain I think I am going to try and do Tae Bo or something tonight we will see. I am not normally good at doing the video tape thing though so who knows. I just had to confess.

KT- That is great to hear about your niece. Please keep us posted and she will be in my prayers

Tilley- congrats on the big loss. I will let you know about Oceans 11 I have heard only good things thus far .

OK I think I responded to everyone else before so I will check in later. I hope that I get back OP tomorrow. I will do it!!
Old 12-11-2001, 04:06 PM   #14  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Lisa, I have heard and read the Wendie Plan way back when. Lots of controversy over it. I used to do a low, low, high thing where I would eat at the low end of my points for 2 days, then at the high end for a day. That would also include banked points. Kind of the same sort of thing. The problem with the Wendie Plan is that a lot of people thought that this was the for sure answer to losing weight on WW. And it isn't. This is just what worked for this person. Everyone is different.

As for potlucks. I think they are very common in Wisconsin. I always bring something I know I can eat.. and know how much I can eat of it. Then when all else fails, at least you know where you are at. I eat my stuff and little bits of others. I try to eat more of veggie and fruit dishes that look lower in fat. It is a very difficult thing because I always like to try everything.

I made it to the gym again today even tho I didn't think I would because of meetings. So that gives me a little more room point wise for tonight!
Old 12-11-2001, 05:18 PM   #15  
A Yankee in Virginia

AHHHH! I just got an email from an old high school friend whose husband makes big bucks and he took her to Maui for a week for her 30th b'day! Gee, wouldn't that be nice? They've already been to Vail and Germany this year.

Me, I'll be lucky if my BF gets a whole week off when we finally do get married for a honeymoon.
Closed Thread