South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 06:00 AM   #1  
cranky & determined

Thumbs down Daily, Monday, July 14th

Gooood Morrning & Happy Bastille Day, Beach Chicks!!!

I'm just back from taking Max for his morning outing - the humidity is too high and I'm all sticky and haven't even gone to the gym yet!

How was your weekend? I see that there was lots of activity on the Beach. Welcome to the new Beach Chicks

I got back on track Saturday and am staying firmly there Made the hummus from the SBD book but forgot to put in the onions! I found a tabasco that I'd been looking for -Smoked with Chipolte - used some in the hummus and I recommend it.

I stayed away from the ricotta on the weekend as I tend to overdo it with those desserts and stayed on the SF Jello path. I also found a SF. CF Chocolate sauce which is VERY good -Walden Farms makes it and it's zero carbs and zero cals. I put some in my coffee this morning and it tastes like a Starbucks mocha.

OK, Chicks, got to get going - I'll check back in later.

Have a glorious day on the Beach!

Last edited by operadog; 07-14-2003 at 06:03 AM.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:39 AM   #2  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning

It looks like the weekend went well for everybody.

Anna~ Thanks for starting our day for us. Gosh, you get up early!

Bobo~~As far as the -ose sugars go: it depends on the name. Fructose is from fruit and has a high glycemic index but sucralose is an artifical sweetener called Splenda , which is acceptable on SB. Just try to watch your daily total of these, as they can add up quickly. You're doing great

Linda~~~I'm happy to see that you had a great weekend OP. I knew you could do it

Good luck to all those who are starting this week The first few days are the most difficult, but if you plan ahead and have only allowed foods in the house you'll get through it and be on your way to being healthier.

I weighed in this morning and lost the 2 pounds that I gained last week This week I'll work at maintaining this loss and hopefully another pound along with it.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:58 AM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

Talking

Good Morning!!

Can I join in. Just starting today and I'm really going to need some help. I have been on Atkins off and on for about a year and have lost and gained.

I am just a bit confused about what I can and can't have, but am reading the book and hopefully I can figure this out.
Old 07-14-2003, 07:34 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Anna, Sil, Mrs C and all to come. And welcome to the Beach, Mrs. C. The book will really be a big help, Mrs. C, but feel free to ask questions in this Forum too!

Well, I am still too darn close to that door to ONEderland - on the right side now but will really have to be careful to maintain my 8 pound loss. There has been too much "slippage" the past few days. I don't know why but do know that a little cheat sets me off for a bigger one later in the day. (Three jujubes at 4 means a bran muffin or a cookie at 9 PM.) Back on track today although I have no clue about what the heck to have for dinner. We'll be back to hot weather so BBQ is in my future!

Tried the roasted eggplant and peppers last night. It was good but needed a longer cooking time or else a higher oven heat. I added oregano and salt and pepper and put a bit of fresh pesto on it when I served it. (My basil is doing very well this year so I am "pestoing" madly. I love that stuff! )

What do you think of our "new look" here in the 3FC forum? Note that the old journals are still here for reference but new entries are done under "New Journals". There is no option for private entries but everyone lets it all hang out anyhow. It's a great place to get and give support on a one on one basis.

Happy Bastille Day! I wish I was in Paris at Place de la Bastille right now. It'd be time for a red wine at a sidewalk café. Whoops! That's Phase II and I'm a week away unless I continue to goof up, in which case Phase I will be my Bastille forever!
Old 07-14-2003, 07:48 AM   #5  
Big Looser Wannabe

Talking Good Morning New Friends!

I'm feeling great today and am ready to start Day 5 of Phase 1. As good as I feel though I just couldn't get myself up at 5:15 and walk. I'll try to do it later today on the treadmill because it's just too darn hot outside .

You guys are so positive! This board is going to be just what I need to get rid of this unwanted blubber.

Hope you all have a
FABULOUS day and I'll check in again later this morning.

Tracey
Old 07-14-2003, 08:02 AM   #6  
it's always something

I'm with you, Tracey, I'll head for the treadmill later, too! This heat has got to go. Oh well, just 2 more months until Autumn begins!

Welcome to the new guys!! I hope you'll like it here We're all excited about this diet, it really seems to be working for most of us, and I hope you'll have good luck, too!
Old 07-14-2003, 08:06 AM   #7  
GARDENING ADDICT

Welcome to the group, Mrs C I think you will find lots of friendly support here.

Ruth~~~When I roast my veggies I don't bake them like in the recipe. I put all the chopped veggies (usually eggplant, vidalia onions, red bell peppers and mushrooms) in a large roasting pan. Add spices, flax seeds and drizzle with olive oil. I set the oven to BROIL and place the pan in the oven under the broiler. You have to check it every few minutes and toss the veggies, but it "roasts " them beautifully. I top them with some parmesean and mozzarella cheese and roast until the cheese is melted.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:51 AM   #8  
cranky & determined

MMMMM Sil!!!

That sure sounds good! I might just 'fire up' the oven and try that recipe later in the week.

Thanks!!!
Old 07-14-2003, 08:57 AM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

My goodness! I slept in this morning and you're all UP!!
Good morning, girls!!
And welcome Mrs. C!!!

Sil, I put my veggies under the broiler, too. They are DIVINE!!
And congratulations on getting that two pounds back off!!

Tracey and Suzanne, good for you getting on the treadmill later today!!

Ruth, I love the look. Except for the eggs. Sort of reminds of something I don't care to think about.

Oh Opera... could you please mail me up a crate of that chocolate sauce!?

It's lovely and cool out again today. I LOVE this weather. It's like autumn.

Have a wonderful day everyone, and stay on track!

Old 07-14-2003, 10:25 AM   #10  
cranky & determined

Ellis - they hae a website: waldenfarms.com and you can order online - it's a little pricier than buying them at the store but that stuff really is good.

Anyway, check out their site. Also, there's guy on ebay that ships DaVince SF syrups to the US and Canada - he charges around $60 for a case of 12 - not sure what the shipping is - but that's a good price for DaV - much better than ordering from them. Here's the ebay address:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2333499462

Send that Canadian high down here, willl ya? Sounds like you're having my favorite kind of weather.

Last edited by operadog; 07-14-2003 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:33 AM   #11  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh my... I WANT that syrup! Do I dare take out my credit card?
Thanks Opera. I think.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:01 AM   #12  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!! Hope you all had a great weekend, and are ready to get back in here and GET SERIOUS!!!! 'Cause I need a butt kicking!!!! (No, haven't been cheating, just want one...) Actually, all joking aside, I have been slipping a bit.....still lost a pound this week though!!!
Old 07-14-2003, 11:10 AM   #13  
cranky & determined

Den!

Count me IN - yep, I'm being true blue to the beach!
Old 07-14-2003, 12:20 PM   #14  

Angry Day 1 !!!!!!!!!!!11

I planned my meal out for today... but havoc has already struck!

I got up late... fortunately I packed my lunch last night.
I ate that for breakfast.

Now it is lunch time.... I am starving.
I ordered a salad - called Thai Chicken salad - without the chicken.
I was thinking of getting black beans to go along with it.
I hope that works.

They give you a lot, so I guess I can have that for dinner too.

........... I hope I wake up on time tomorrow!
Old 07-14-2003, 12:50 PM   #15  

Hey everyone!!! the site is great!! I had a OP weekend despite company and crazyness....I have found a new love for salmon cooked out on the grill...OMG!! It was wonderful!!! I think I have lost 7 lbs!! I am not sure though 'cause my scale is horrible. I was thinking of not buying a new one...but, I can't do that...I need the satisfaction!!
Closed Thread