South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 10:30 AM   #31  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Morning my friends. I'm up early this morning thanks to one of DD's snoring dogs. Waiting for daylight so I can go walk.

Plusmince, back. Nice to meet you.

Lady Windsong, Congrats on your 26 years. Have a great time out with your hubby and then move on. I think what I like most about phase two is the variety of food options that we have open to us. It’s a whole new world of healthy eating for me.

Heidi, thanks, I need that this morning. I hope to be able to post in the morning that I’m back 100%. Need everyone’s good vibes to make it though so be sending them my way.

Karen, glad your surgery is over and hope your pain is less by now. Just don’t rush things now girl.

Nat, so darn proud of you for finishing the 5K. You definitely are an inspiration. I might even consider walking one in the near future.

Annie, Congrats on your 40 pounds gone! How different you must feel. You need to walk tall and be proud of that because it is a huge accomplishment.

to everyone else. Hope you all have a nice quiet on plan Sunday.

Only four more days away from home and I plan to remain strong. Today my GS has a scoccer game so that will take most of the afternoon. Then I'm trying to talk DH into coming down for the game and out to dinner (which I promise to do on plan) so that should help.

Well, time to get on with my day. Take care of yourselves.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:56 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Good morning friends. It's a great day isn't it?
Old 01-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #33  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning everyone!

I'm going to spend another day doing nothing since my belly hurts

But I can report that my eating is great. I am being very aware of that since I won't be burning calories for a while. Finished a good book and started another. Doing lots of crossword puzzles.

Miss doing personals but it is too hard from my laptop. (Usually I have two computer monitors and two windows open.)

Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:32 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 170/149/145

WOW! Lots of action here this weekend!!

I don't have time for personals, but I want to say GOOD WORK to everyone
This place is amazing --

Lots of stress this weekend, hubby came back from the dentist yesterday - turns out we will have $1200 in dental bills for the rest of his work.
Just when I had started getting on top of our budget too
He also got a parking ticket when he took the kids for haircuts, which mean my "Yay for finishing Phase I" gift to myself will have to wait another couple weeks...

PS The P/B Cheesecake Cupcakes are dangerous and evil. I made a batch Friday night and had 2, then had 2 on Saturday - will finish off the last 2 tonight so that the temptation will be gone (also because I can't eat just one). These will have to become a special treat for when I've hit a goal or something.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:04 PM   #35  
Rebelwithacause

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKitKat View Post
WOW! Lots of action here this weekend!!

PS The P/B Cheesecake Cupcakes are dangerous and evil. I made a batch Friday night and had 2, then had 2 on Saturday - will finish off the last 2 tonight so that the temptation will be gone (also because I can't eat just one). These will have to become a special treat for when I've hit a goal or something.
Amy, the exact same thing happened to me when I made the SB cheesecake cupcakes. They were so yummy that I couldn't just eat one. Needless to say, I haven't made them since.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #36  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hello friends Yes, I'm still drinking coffee

Still dealing with dial-up so no personals again thought I did a quick read through. Hope you are enjoying your weekend. It's snowy and cold here, of course (DW says she has never seen the sun here!)

It's also mighty cold in this room so time to go find the heater!
Old 01-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 161/156/<130

Height: 5"4"

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Seems like everyone is staying too busy to be off plan! Question:

You know that Dannon fit yogurt that's 80 calories and has aspartame to sweeten it? Is that a phase I no no? Pretty sure regardless, I'll wait until phase II, that's 10 days away.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:25 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 209.2/207.6/150

Height: 5ft4inches

Hello all,

I'm also a returning member, I joined back in 2003 and have been coming here as often as I yo-yo dieted . I'm starting south beach phase 1 tomorrow along with going back to the gym.

plusmince - can you get greek yoghurt? It's really tasty and filling, and if you get the plain kind it won't have any artificial sweetener. It's great with some chopped walnuts. I think it's ok for phase 1, could someone more in the know confirm that?
Old 01-16-2011, 02:52 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to all the Newbies that I've missed! (beckyh, plusmince, melissar and LAK1974)

And yes, nonfat plain Greek yogurt is approved for Phase 1.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:06 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Welcome new and returning members! Let's make 2011 a great year okay!
Old 01-16-2011, 04:22 PM   #41  
Rebelwithacause

[QUOTE=cottagebythesea;3656657And yes, nonfat plain Greek yogurt is approved for Phase 1.[/QUOTE]

And it is so good with say Splenda, cinnamon and an oz of walnuts. But I believe the yogurt has a limit of 2 cups per day so be careful.

Last edited by TallandThin; 01-16-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 178/163/154

Height: 5'6"

Officially started Phase 2 today. I actually had to run to the store today to get some stuff for Phase 2. I ended up getting 100% Whole Wheat Rotini Noodles, Flat Out Wraps and some blueberries. I am just going to do one serving of the carbs a day. I am going to do it with my evening meals, because IF I do get cravings, I can just go lay down and sleep it off.
Closed Thread