South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 06:05 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon, ladies. I didn't get a chance to read everybody's post but will try to come back sometime tonight or tomorrow and read them all. I finished my first 5K this morning w/ a time of 56 minutes and 22 seconds. There was a shadow run in Kandahar, Afghanistan where 272 military members currently stationed over there...I thought that was really cool. They did a live video phone feed at the opening remarks which was neat to see. It was an experience, that's for sure, and I plan on participating in several more 5Ks before moving on, hopefully, to running a half-marathon.

Tonight there will be a group of us going out to celebrate. I have a feeling I won't be imbibing too awful much since I already have a headache. I'll try to come back tomorrow for personals. Hope you ladies are having a great weekend!!!
Old 01-15-2011, 06:18 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hi Debbie, thanks for starting us off right! I'm just enjoying a lazy weekend. Football is on and my team isn't winning. Darn Baltimore! I'm rooting for the Steelers, Seahawks, Jets, and Packers. Natasha, take care!

Last edited by BellaLucia; 01-15-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:11 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Hello,

It has been a long day. We took 18 teens up to Estes Park for broomball and swiming. I am pooped, but the teens had a good time. I did have to bring my own food, which was fine.

I am a couch potato now.

Have a great night!!!
Old 01-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #19  

Hi All,
I am a new member! I came to the point where I couldn't take my weight anymore, so I started South Beach. I have been on Phase 1 since last Sunday. I must say I feel great I can't wait to weigh in tomorrow. Hope to get to know all of you and share some idea/tips.
Have a great weekend!
Old 01-15-2011, 10:06 PM   #20  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Debbie, wish I was there with you today evaluating the dogs. Even though I’m down at my daughters, I’ve been walking and have made friends with a gentleman and his gorgeous cocker puppy. As I mentions before, I had a cocker for 14 years and she was my heart dog. Miss her like crazy even though I do love my bulldog, just in a different way.
Heidi, congrats on reaching 139! That’s something to be proud of!
Got my walk in this morning but somewhere during the day, things went wrong and I ate off plan darn it. I was so afraid that this would happen while I’m down here. But will not dwell on it and tomorrow will try even harder to crawl back up on the beach and stay there. It’s strange but in a way, I’m kinda glad that my fear of eating off plan while away from home has happened so now I can focus on getting back on plan and finishing my job here. Just four or five more days to go. I can do this!

Congrats to those of you who are staying on plan and to those of you like me who have stumbled, let's get back with the plan.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:29 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 161/156/<130

Height: 5"4"

Hi! I used to come here over 5 years ago. It's always good to be in the company of others.

Natasha! Super job on the 5K ! I'm planning on running one in May.

I'm on phase I since Tuesday. I have to say, I'm not hungry at all, but I was cranky on Friday. Sometimes it takes awhile to adjust! I'm soo hoping to not go off plan or cheat during my 2 weeks!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Old 01-16-2011, 04:09 AM   #22  
Mous

Smile SUNDAY morning

back to a gr8 support group.

Be willing to change your goals. If it’s not working for you – change it!

Tomorrow is day 1 on Phase 2! I can't believe 2 weeks have passed. Now, what to add back in? Starch or fruit or both? Hubby wants fruit, (don't have any in the house) and I would like a starch. Wonder who will win?

I am not afraid to move into this next phase. The WOL starts tomorrow. Decisions, planing, keeping track and doing!

It won't be easy but WILL be worth it in the long run.

HELP! Lou wants a doughnut! Should I give it to him?
He has been so good. I would like for him to rethink it. BUT....

Our anniversary is Wednesday and we have a gift card to use. 26 years! I won't order a dessert but I am going to be mindful of what I order and IF it isn't as healthy as it could be I will not fret over it but just move on.

What is the best thing, for you, about phase 2?

This day ahead will be a successful one for you all if you think positive.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:21 AM   #23  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Marcie, most folks add back just one thing - Phase 1.5. Most of the time it's fruit because starch seems more likely to cause cravings.

Had a good day yesterday - it helped to be snowed in. I tackled a few odd jobs but really mainly relaxed. Today would be more of the same although I plan to work on some financial reports to get a bit of a head start on the week ahead. I have three annual meetings plus pet therapy and the baking runs and the week hasn't started yet.

Hope your Sunday is pleasant and relaxing. Be nice to yourself.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:13 AM   #24  
Mous

ty
Ruth, I guess this means off to the store we go!
Old 01-16-2011, 07:17 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Sunday morning, everyone!

I spent too much time cruising around the site, and now I have to rush off, but I hope to check in a little later!
Old 01-16-2011, 07:43 AM   #26  
Be happy.

Marcie, give the man an apple - he wants fruit and maybe it will keep him away from the donut. IMO, once you have one donut it's sooooo much easier to have another. After 2 weeks with no fruit an apple ought to taste as good as a donut anyway.
Enjoy your shopping trip and the rest of the weekend.

Hello plusmince and melissar! It's great to have you here. And I'm so glad you jumped right into the daily thread. THIS is where the action is.

Tanner's mom, what a nice day for the teens! I bet you slept well last night though.

TallandThin, Just think of yesterday as a learning experience. And tonight when you go to bed after being 100% on plan all day today you'll feel so good and strong for getting right back on track. *hug*

I'm at my mom's so I need to cut this short, but enjoy your Sunday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 01-16-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:27 AM   #27  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

The family got up with me at 4, so we all had to go outside, etc, etc...Now everyone is sleeping again and I've had my shower preparing for a busy day. Dog walk, pool, church and hospital annual orientation. I was feeling bad leaving Kirk stuck without the car this afternoon but yesterday they had old bananas on super sale so I bought 7# that he'll need to process for drying today.(Yes, Ruth, I am a master manipulator!)

It's a busy beachy weekend-I'll never get to everyone…..
Karen(WaistingTime),I hope you're feeling a tad better today!

beckyh, plusmince and melissar, to the beach! I post everyday and look forward to getting to know you both better!

TallandThin, counting down the days….hang in there!

Marcie(LadyWindsong), I agree, get some fruit in the house….perhaps if he read the ingredients list on the donuts(there are like 50 chemicals in the ones at King Soopers) and had the calories, saturated fat, etc….you could gently explain that part of losing weight is getting healthier and making better choices. Best wishes!

tanner'smom, why did I not connect that you are in Colorado???Duh!! We're getting a solid representation here at the beach! Lindsay, Lady Windsong, you and I.

Natasha, great on the 5K...you've motivated me, I'm going to join the next one that coincides with warm weather!

Heidi, congrats! on 139!

Okie and everyone else
Old 01-16-2011, 08:36 AM   #28  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

Windsong: For desserts when we're out, we use the "three bites and done" rule. We can each, if we choose, have three bits of anything off plan, then we either give it to the server, or simply don't eat any more.

Honestly we haven't either of us yet given in to the temptation, but we have the rule in place because we know that day is coming.

Today's weigh-in: 285 - 40 pounds gone!

Last edited by annieoh; 01-16-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:22 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!!

I slept like a baby last night and I was in bed so early. I feel great today. Today should be pretty relaxed which is great. My main objectives are church, cleaning and figuring out my Norton software(somewhere is has gotten messed up). My DH is home today. He fell to many times yesterday at broomball and is sore.

I forgot you, but someone had asked on Friday's chat what dip I have made. It was just the 7 layer dip from up in the reciepe section. I just subsituted all of the dairy for non-dairy relatives, like Toffuti sour cream for sour cream. I am lactose intolerant. I actually ate the leftovers yesterday.

Lexiss-I think its great their are so many Coloradians on here. Plus, it is a great state to live in
Old 01-16-2011, 09:30 AM   #30  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Annie - INCREDIBLE! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!! Congratulations sister!!!!!!!! SO proud of you!!!!

Hello to everyone else! I have a bit of a tummy-ache this morning. Just kind of lazing around. We need to hit the market and the grocery store sometime today. Chris is gaming and Voodoo is napping on the floor.

And have I mentioned that I'm ready for the "warming" part of the Global Warming phenomenon that everyone keeps panicking about? All I have to say is BRING. IT. ON.

Alright, gonna curl up and watch some Food Network. Hope everyone has a nice relaxing Sunday!

Lisa
Closed Thread