South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-30-2010, 03:19 PM   #1  
Weddings...ugh!

S/C/G: 198/198/150

Height: 5'7''

Default New to the Beach

We're starting SBD on Saturday. I'm nervous...but ready! I was wondering if anyone had any tips, or suggestions. Is it better to plan out the whole week of meals? Are there any good backups to have around incase what I cook is a disaster?
TexasAlli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

There is lots of information on here that will answer almost any possible question you could imagine! I personally think planning is key but only do a few days at a time. Canned tuna or salmon are great to have around just in case. I also try to freeze some of the bigger meals so I have something to heat up whenever I need it. Check out the recipe section for sure!
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach, TexasAlli!

The first bit of advice I always give is to get the book and read it thoroughly before starting on this plan. It is so important to understand the fundamentals behind this way of eating, and it's also a good read.

I think you'll discover Phase 1 is much easier to follow if you plan out all your meals and snacks a week in advance. That way you won't find yourself at a loss as to what to eat and will give you something to look forward to. Check out our Phase 1 recipes in the recipe section of our forum to find some delicious recipes and snack ideas to help keep you motivated. And make sure you include your 4 1/2 cups of veggies, beans, and dairy in your daily menus to help keep you feeling full and satisfied.

Good luck, and we look forward to hearing from you daily!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:20 PM   #4  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome. The recipes here helped me more than anything. There's lots of variety and everything I have made from here tasted wonderful. This also helped me:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-...meal-plan.html

Also the Taco Bake & Mocha Ricotta Creme were lifesavers. You can find them in the Phase I recipes.

Last edited by murphmitch; 12-30-2010 at 09:21 PM.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:01 PM   #5  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

I second Taco Bake! Making it Sunday myself. It makes a ton and is so filling! Also make sure you eat beans...for me Phase 1 was kind of hard because it made me constipated...but I found making sure you are eating beans 3 times or more a week really helps. Any other questions come up, I'm sure you will get answers! Welcome!
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:42 PM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! When I started SBD I didn't follow any of the suggested menus in the book. I made a list of all of our customary meals. There were a few that just got crossed off, but the rest I've been able to tweak and make SBD friendly. Over time, I have taken suggestions from the chicks here and have tried new foods, too.

Make sure you let us know if you run into any snags!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:37 AM   #7  
Mous

LADY WINDSONG is offline   Reply With Quote