South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-18-2009, 11:54 AM   #16  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

vleigh, the right amount of calories varies for each person. You'll figure out what works for you, but 1500 sounds healthy and low enough to definitely help weight loss happen!

I used to have problems with metamucil supplements, but I now use Fiber Choice tablets, which help a lot! Check around online (I'd try Googling "most fiber" and vegetables) to see what foods have the most fiber. Beans are a great choice!

Good for you on plugging through and on exercising again!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:31 PM   #17  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

You're welcome! keep us posted on how the next few days/weeks go with phase 2! Its quite similar to phase 1, but you get to re-introduce some "good carbs" like fruits and whole grains and high-carb veggies like carrots!! 1500 sounds like it could be good, but like beachgal said, calorie needs vary for everyone.

The key with south beach is to eat until you feel full. It's not important to be strict about counting calories if you are filling your tummy with nutrient-dense, fairly low calorie foods. You know what that means... lots of VEGGIES!! And don't be shy of fruits and whole grain pastas and breads too, they are good for you. In my case, I just have to be sure not to overdo it. Eating slow helps, so you can listen to your own body tell you when its full, and then stop eating
jazzang is offline   Reply With Quote