South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 01:02 PM   #106  
brownie

S/C/G: 142.2/142.2/124

Height: 5'4"

Kate--I'm envying you your chilly morning! When i went out to get the paper this morning, it was humid and already pretty warm. I hope you enjoyed your walk.

Kristine- Thanks for the welcome! The mexican chicken soup is really easy and soooo good. I got the recipe from Pam Anderson's cookbook, The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight and Eating Great (Not the Baywatch Pam Anderson, the cookbook author) It's not specifically SBD, but has some recipes that fit nicely and are really tasty.

Don't you love the first few days of a diet, where the scale goes down every morning? Good grief it was a nice motivator to see 2 lbs gone, just since yesterday. Makes it easier to stick with what I have planned on my menu for today, and hopefully it will help get me on the elliptical trainer this evening.

Have a great day!
Old 07-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #107  

S/C/G: Pregnant, due 5/30/10.

Height: 5'9

I know what you mean about the first few days of a diet. I started phase 1 right after a sugar- and carb-laden vacation, so I have dropped really quickly. I have lost a solid 3 lbs in the past 3 days (well 5 because I ate fairly well for two days before re-starting)

It's great motivation for now while the cravings are still an issue!
Old 07-23-2009, 08:51 PM   #108  

Just wanted to pop in and say that I had my first official weigh in after week 1...and I lost 4.5 lbs!!!!:ca rrot:

I am super excited.

Now my goal is to finally be below 200. Only 10 lbs to go!!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:12 PM   #109  

That is awesome, Kristine, congrats! 200 will be one awesome milestone to knock down. You have made such good progress and are so close. Keep it up!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:24 PM   #110  
brownie

S/C/G: 142.2/142.2/124

Height: 5'4"

Default Congratulations!!

Kristine--You rock, girl! What a great week! *cheers*

I'm proud of myself tonight--I ate what i was supposed to eat today, drank a bajillion glasses of water, and i walked on the treadmill.

Have a great day tomorrow, ladies!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:59 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'7"

kleo - what recipe do you have for lentil soup? I bought some lentils and have an idea of what I will do with them, just don't, know if it will be any good. I've never in my life done anything with lentils, I guess I really don't understand them LOL I intended on using crushed tomatoes, lentils, lean diced stew beef, onions, peppers and maybe some green beans in the crock pot.. does that sound like it would be any good? Hope you had fun at the potluck tonight.

Kristine - congrats on moving on to phase 2, are you doing it by the book or a modified version? Also congrats on the loss! WTG

Walthree - I have a hard time getting my DH on board all the way with SB as well, he just needs more then he feels are options I guess. He did it with me the first time I did and he called his version "the half a$$ed SBD" regardless, he did lose some weight and was eating a LOT healthier.

Brownie - I too love seeing the scale move in the beginning, it moves quickly and it is just what I need to get my motivation pumping.

I'm trying my best not to stress about what day i'm on, but I'm having a hard time remember.. I think today is day 4, I jinxed myself and have a headache today so think it is a touch of the SB flu... no biggie, drank my milk and took a tylenol so all will be well. I'm still having some major cravings for chocolate and hope that it goes away soon. I haven't given in to it and don't intend to but I did find myself staring at some chocolate bars in the grocery store this evening. I'm also going to be at a decent time every night so that I can sleep off the late night snack attack that I usually have. I'm .5lb from being back in onederland, I never ever want to leave it again.. I 'think' i will be there tomorrow. (yes i'm a daily weigher)
Old 07-24-2009, 12:12 AM   #112  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsmyhalofelloff View Post
I'm still having some major cravings for chocolate and hope that it goes away soon. I haven't given in to it and don't intend to but I did find myself staring at some chocolate bars in the grocery store this evening.
Try the NSA fudgesicles or the Mocha Ricotta Creme recipe. They really help! You guys are all doing great!
Old 07-24-2009, 08:06 AM   #113  

Halo - I was eating canned lentil soup yesterday - Campbell's. I also like Progresso. I have to say, I think the canned lentil soups are really good.

My absolute favorite homemade recipe is Lentil Sausage Soup from The Barefoot Contessa and it has sausage in it. Not sure what phase it is compatible with, but you can find it on foodnetwork dot com, keyword "Lentil Sausage" (I can't post links until I reach 25 posts)

Don't be scared of lentils! They are sooo good. I also like the lentils and cheese recipe from Mollie Katzen. Basically, it is lentils baked with carrot, celery, onion, pepper, tomatoes, and then topped with a generous layer of cheese. I can't find that particular one on the internet though - if you are interested I can scan it and put it in the recipe file when I reach 25 posts!

Good luck!
Old 07-24-2009, 12:53 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

hey everybody!

go kristine go!!-soon you'll be in onederland

kleo, halo,brownie and walthree. good to meetcha! seems to be some lentil lovers out there.

halo- i have this awesome indian recipe for mashed lentils that is yummy on and off phase one! also keeps sbd flu at bay. if ur interested will post it for all.

kleo-please upload the lentil and cheese recipe or just pm it to me and i can upload it for you sounds so delish!

am so exhausted right now couldn't tell you what day i'm on. as scarlett says "tamarra is anothah day!" so i'll keep ya posted.

awesome friday to ya

janet
Old 07-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #115  
Beach Babe in Training

S/C/G: 185.8/180.2/145

Height: 5' 9"

Default End of week 1

Hi all -- congrats to everyone for their successes!! I'm mainly a lurker, but will pop in from time to time, need to be held accountable!

Weighed in this am after 1st week of Phase 1 -- 2.2 lbs lost! I wish it had been more, but I was truly expecting to gain! I had "diet rebellion" the first few days and was eating WAY too much, even though OP food, just huge portions. I'm kind of getting in a groove now, so I'm glad that Week 2 is beginning today.

I'm in this for the long haul, so I'm OK with however long this takes! Happy Friday to all!
Old 07-24-2009, 08:03 PM   #116  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreesons View Post
YAY Sunshine for moving on! CONGRATS on the weight loss! That is fantastic! Keep up the motivation in P2!
Thanks! You'll be here before you know it. Keep up the great work in Phase 1.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:11 PM   #117  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreesons View Post
Just wanted to pop in and say that I had my first official weigh in after week 1...and I lost 4.5 lbs!!!!:ca rrot:

I am super excited.

Now my goal is to finally be below 200. Only 10 lbs to go!!
Congratulations!
Old 07-24-2009, 08:20 PM   #118  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome Cindiejo!
Old 07-24-2009, 09:06 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Janet - I would love the recipe for mashed lentils.. as long as it is simple enough, i'm not even close to a great chef LOL

Friday is over, this is the place that I am holding myself accountable. I ate a chocolate bar today I'm not using it as an excuse to go all out on OP foods however. Should I make tomorrow day 1 all over again?
Old 07-24-2009, 10:20 PM   #120  

Halo,

What day are you on? Why not make the decision about going back to day 1 at a later date. Like, if you are already 4 days into it, finish out your 2 weeks and then ask yourself if you can go another four days (heck even take it a day at a time after that)

Of course 2 weeks is the best to reset your system from cravings, but I worry that people will eventually fall OP if they "punish" themselves for these little slip-ups.

Confession time for me is that I ate more than 30 pistachios just now and indulged in some sugar free pudding which you technically aren't supposed to have in P2. I am just starting to get discouraged today, but I am determined not to steer too far off course...
Closed Thread