South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 05:11 PM   #31  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Ko - thanks for telling me about the lite whip cream. I will check it out, its not something we have often around this place.
Zeff - I will have to forewarn my daughter about things little guys do. I can just imagine her saying - mother, your so overprotective.
lisa - hot chicken soup is the way to go. I always have some stock frozen just for those type of days.
DH went out at 10a.m. today to put on winter tires and still isn't home, last I checked he has almost at the garage. It will teach him for next year to take some food along. This particular place is the busiest in town for installing winter tires. A necessity here.
good evening to all
sophie
Old 11-05-2008, 06:22 PM   #32  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

sooo, you ever have one of those days where things just don't quite go right? well, thats about how everything is going today for me.

LOL, mainly- I tried to experiment with some pumpkin like the beanie brownies... uh, smelled sooooo delicious but, yuck. probably better that way cause I didn't need them sitting around anyway. I also made some pot pie with chickpea crust, not looking good. will let ya know how it is in an hour or so after I try it.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:06 PM   #33  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Did anyone see the pumpkin pie smoothie recipe out there?
It sounds so good!! I'll try to find the link...
Old 11-05-2008, 08:18 PM   #34  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

OK, so things are going well now...lol

My garbanzo pot pie turned out good but way too much crust. Next time I will just line the pan with a bit of it, add filling and cook. then dump on a plate and eat but the taste was pretty decent...

I also finally called asurion back about my second replacement phone and they are sending me a brand new phone, and since they don't have my model in stock they are sending an upgraded model with a free car charger. yeay!
Only downside is I will be without a phone for a day or so, but I can handle that.....I think!!! lol
Old 11-05-2008, 08:22 PM   #35  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

I went searching for that pumpkin smoothie recipe. I can't find the link, but I did print it out so I have the details.
I wandered onto the Weight Watchers recipe site and I hit the PUMPKIN RECIPE MOTHERLOAD!

Pumpkin Oatmeal bars...Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes...Pumpkin Muffins... just to name a few. And they are either SB friendly already, or with a small tweak they can be SB friendly.
Here is an example. Link to the muffin recipe:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68290

Is it stealing if I paste a few into our SB recipe section? I'll give props back to them!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I couldn't resist - I posted the whole wheat pumpkin pancke recipe (Zeff, I had you in mind for this one) because it was buried in a thread. I also posted the baked pumpkin oatmeal bars because they sound so good and easy!!

Last edited by Jenskihere; 11-05-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:12 PM   #36  

Lisa - When Brian was younger we dealt with strep a lot more than we do now but one of the tricks we learned was to throw out the toothbrush after we had been on the antibiotic long enough that we weren't contagious but before we were done with the antibiotic. Otherwise the toothbrush can reinfect you. Toothbrushes are cheap compared to the pain and med bills of repeat strep.

Eating has not been so good for me. I've been on nonstop outage calls at work and the candy was too easy to get to. I need to get all the off plan food out of the house.

I did manage to get out and spray all the poison ivy tonight. I am suffering in a couple of places from when I sawed back the 20-30 bushes in front of the house but I have some prescription cream that is helping. I'm on antibiotics for the infected tooth and I was in a lot of pain this morning from the retreatment of the root canal but it is feeling much better now. I'm enjoying a night with no meetings.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:34 PM   #37  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Jenny - the pumpkin pie smoothie link is in the Recipe section under the Food Finds forum. I made it.....sooo good. I used regular milk and a little vanilla protein powder.

Rikki - oh my.....phone problems...sounds ALL too familiar. We've been paying insurance on ours forever and whenever we need to actually use it (which has been once in like 6 years) we just get hassle and crap phones. DH got a replacement phone over a year ago and has had trouble ever since. It won't hold a charge for more than about 5 minutes, sometimes switches randomly into "headset" mode, shows the screen upside down and backwards....it was a refurbed phone that has previous water damage (ours has the red covered with a white sticker as well!)....Thank GOD we're done with Sprint in a month. I am so ready for this relationship to be over!

-

Went to a birthday party for our (now) 4 year old niece tonight....oy....Why is it that girls and boys have such a difficult time playing with each other? Our niece was VERY protective of her new toys and of course that made DS want to play with them. She got some play food and DS was pretending to eat it - she was constantly whining at him about not playing with her toys right. Finally, I got sick of it and went to get his emergency toys out of the car and separated them. DS couldn't understand why he couldn't play with his cousins, but every time he would go into the room they were playing in...he got yelled at. Poor baby. Am I being too protective? I just don't want him getting picked on because he plays differently than his girl cousins. Isn't that what boys and girls do? Boys like to smash 'em up and girls play gentle...
The thing that ended the night was when my niece came and asked when we were leaving because "Calvin might have been hitting me"....even though they hadn't even been in the same room for over an hour. Hormonal me got teary. Her mom (SIL) came and asked what the matter was....I told her and the minute that she questioned my niece - the waterworks started and she was insisting that Calvin had been hitting her....even though I had been playing blocks with him in a completely different room! These are the times that I'm glad to have boys....no drama. Really, though...am I just being hormonal? DS has a history of playing rough, but with no malicious intent...just...being a boy. Obviously we don't let him get away with hitting and whatnot, but I cannot discipline him for something that I know for a fact that he wasn't doing.
Closed Thread