South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 05:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Mellow Monday

It's Columbus Day and a lot of people have the day off, but not me. At least I don't have to go in early. It's going to be a warm and sunny gold and blue day, a good day to get outside.

Barb, I'm glad Brian had a good time. Stick to your resolve, re- Robert!

Cyndi, I'm glad you had a safe trip and it's good to have you back!
Old 10-13-2008, 06:26 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage I've got a dark roast brewing this morning and it smells wonderful. Can I get you a cup?

No day off here in Vermont either. In fact I'm off to do a 4 hour classroom observation. I love those but they are exhausting!

I sorted and put away my clothing booty. It was a good weekend for bargains, I even found a really nice fall jacket. I think I'm set for cool weather now. I can finally eyeball clothes that will fit again. That took awhile because I'd been an 18 for so long everything I've picked up in the last year looked too small. Thrift store shopping is a lot easier if you can pick out sizes by eye. yesterday was the 2 green tags for $3 sale and I took full advantage My Mom and I love thrift store shopping and walks in the woods so it was a fun weekend.

Looks like a lovely fall day here - sunny and in the low 70s!

Have a good day chicks
Old 10-13-2008, 06:37 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Morning, Cottage, and mellow is a good word for today! The sun won't be up for a while yet but the forecast is for another gorgeous day. Right now the temp is 57ºF so I can nearly drink coffee on the deck.

Welcome back, CyndiM. Shopping for the new you must be very exciting and it sounds like you get good bargains. I though of you as I put yet another load of apples into the dehydrator this morning.

We had a lovely dinner with the Pypers last night. I love feeding people who adore and appreciate good food! During the day Margo and Elaine organized and packed up a lot of my gardening pots and Elaine power washed my patio. There's more to do outside but it's looking much better. They took Disney for a long walk in the morning and Glen and John took her for another one when they arrived mid-afternoon. The poor wee thing is really tired this morning.

Today will be spent putting away my Thanksgiving dishes -yes, I'm a nutcase - and clearing some of the extras out of the fridge. (I've already pitched a pan of brownies and a pumpkin pie. Yield not to temptation!) I plan to dig some bulbs to store for winter and maybe cut back a few things. I have a dwarf lilac that is still in its pot and may get it planted.

So - lifting my mug to a great Monday and Columbus too!
Old 10-13-2008, 06:58 AM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

morning cottage. i'm off from the office but i have to clean the whole house today and 'de-bagel' it and get ready for my new 10 month old landseer puppy who comes tomorrow...

hi cyndi. schools are open here too but they are closed on friday go figure.

have a great day Ruth. going to be warm here too!

so my food is out of control but i'm a bit nuts trying to get Harley (the new dog) to us from MO where he is in a rescue. He gets picked up this morning and should be here tomorrow afternoon!

i dread the scale but i'll take my lumps.

off to feed Hannah bean, grab a shower and start cleaning what a mess this place is.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:29 AM   #5  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Hey ladies and good morning!!!

Sorry no time for personals...just flying through.

Haven't had time to do research on acai berry...but am wondering what ya'll have heard of it??

Happy Columbus day!! <-- and yes, I'll be going to work today too!
Old 10-13-2008, 07:42 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Better check out acai berry with a post in Does It Work, Mandy.

New dog time is so exciting, Nessa. Did Harley come already named or did you choose his name?

Disney just went upstairs to bed. I guess my work in the kitchen is disturbing her slumbers!
Old 10-13-2008, 08:05 AM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

we choose his name Ruth his screen name at the rescue was Dallas but they call him baby or puppy so we said start calling him Harley (DH likes the name) so we will have Hannah and Harley!
Old 10-13-2008, 08:38 AM   #8  
Determined to lose!

Good bright sunny Monday Morning all! I want to get out and walk Jade before heading over to neighbors to help with chores. Sigh, I have papers piling up that really need to be tackled today but no time with my promise to neighbor! YIKES!.

Cyndi, glad you had a great day yesterday with mom shopping and hiking!

Nessa! So glad you found a dog! Did you post a pic of him?

Me: bound to get outside today!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 08:54 AM   #9  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Mornin Chicks!

Quick fly by here - just wanted to say hello and I hope everyone has a great on plan day.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:03 AM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Quick fly by here too! I also have to work today. Spent the day Saturday moving some of Tom's mom's things into her new apartment, then had my high school class reunion Saturday night, then helped move some more yesterday. Tommy has a cold now, the whole works: fever, sneezing, headache, aches, runny/stuffy nose, cough, sinus pressure, etc. My poor baby. He's just miserable, so I've been taking care of him too.

Ugh, I have gained some weight this weekend, and it's not fun at all. MOO. Back on track today. Stupid reunion.

Well, need to shower and check on my man. Hope you girls have a great Columbus Day!

Lisa
Old 10-13-2008, 09:05 AM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian chickies, and, for those who have the day off, Happy Columbus Day!

Cottage, I hope it's lovely here, too! I couldn't figure out what we're due to have but I dressed for warm weather, so let's hope! If it's gorgeous when I get out of work, I may give in to temptation and go for a bike ride instead of going to the gym. I don't know how many more bike rides we'll be able to fit in before the end of the season!

Cyndi, you can get me a cup! I love dark roasts, but I'm starting to find that I get the "sugar shakes" from caffeine. I'm not sure they make dark roasts in decaf! Congrats on your haul...you're totally right about sizing in thrift stores. I'm continuously picking out something that looks huge to me only to find out it's a size 10 or something. Oh well...guess I'll just have to do lots of practice shopping!

Ruth, did you celebrate Thanksgiving early? Is that common in Canada? I've been talking with people this weekend about the whole "Thanksgiving on a Monday" idea...it's so novel to me! Glad you had fun with the Pypers. Did they bring their pup with them? If so, was it hard?

Nessa, congrats on Harley and big for rescuing him! I hope your food gets better as you get the house cleaned and ready.

Mandy, I've eaten dried Acai berries for years. They're sour, but they got really, really well in Fiber One. The brands I've bought are dried without sugar, so they're perfect for SBD. Not sure I've seen any obvious health benefits, but they are yummy!

Me:
Busy weekend at a couples retreat. I'm exhausted! But the drive home was absolutely glorious; we were driving along one of the long, skinny lakes that populate our area and the hills alongside were covered with Fall color. I took SO many pictures. There were so many people out that when we stopped for a late lunch, we asked the waitress what was going on, thinking there was some kind of Fall festival. She said, "The leaves. They're falling off the trees." which totally cracked me up! Guess that plus beautiful weather equals tons of people taking a drive in little towns! I'm so tired, but the memories of the drive (and the reunion with our dog) are still making me smile.

Hope you all had a beautiful weekend! to those who posted while I took forever writing this (I worked with a student in the middle of this) and those who come after.

Last edited by beachgal; 10-13-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:11 AM   #12  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!!! Happy Monday!

Cottage - Enjoy your beautiful gold and blue day. Sounds like a good time will be had with you and the girls.

Cyndi - How fun that you went shopping with your mom this weekend. Glad to hear that you found some good stuff. Enjoy your classroom visitation today.

Ruth - Sounds like your day was really busy, yet productive yesterday. I'm sure all of the food was a success. And I'm really proud of you for dumping any temptation. Great job!!!

Nessa - How exciting that Harley is almost home. It's perfect that you have today off to get things ready for him. I really hope it's a smooth transition.

Many - Good morning! Any news on the two days you had a week or so ago?

Loriann - I hope today's chores aren't too bad. I'm sure your neighbor's house will be sparkling when you're done. Good luck getting outside today!

Gonnabe - MORNING!!!!

Me - So yesterday I completed everything I set out to do. Went to church, had brunch with a friend, grocery shopped, baked for this week, and got all my food ready for today. Not exciting, but extremely productive. It felt really good. Tonight I've got to get some cleaning done, my sister is coming over and our home is not company ready. I think I'm going to tackle floors tonight. It's super windy this morning, which really dries me out. I need to be sure to take some vitamin C in hope of preventing a bloody nose. I've been prone to them since I was little. Oh....and Heroes is on tonight. I hope it's productive!!!
Have lovely Monday ladies!!!
ENJOY!!!!
__________________________________________________ ______________

Weezle - Good job getting back on track. Special events are find as long as you resolve to not let them get you off course. I'm sure you'll be back in no time.

Laurie - Happy to hear you had such a wonderful weekend. Hope you're able to get some rest today!

Last edited by hmacneil6; 10-13-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:16 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, busy day at work for me.

Got alot accomplished this weekend, steam cleaned the sofa and downstairs carpet- got a new recliner for the living room.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:20 AM   #14  
ONEderland here I come!

i don't have one of him yet... they took the ones off the website when the contract was signed.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:30 AM   #15  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone. Sorry I don't visit here as much as I used to. Nothing much going on. Gotta go to step today. It's so much fun. I love it. Alittle tired this morning but i think it's cause it's TOM right now. sorry for the short hello but i hear my son crying. gotta get him fed so we can go to the gym. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. chao.
Closed Thread