South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 05:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Cluckings

Good morning!

My bags are all packed and waiting by the door for DS to pick me up. We'll be checking in occasionally to say "hi!" Be good!

Loriann, nice early birthday present!

Nessa, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Bagel!
Old 09-18-2008, 05:51 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, have a great time...we'll miss you!!

Me...nothing fun for today. It's the end of the first 6 weeks and I'm buried in papers and grade posting. We have to put all of our grades online and of course the password they gave me did not work. They just gave me the correct one a couple of days ago and now I'm having to put in all the grades at once. ack.

A girl is coming over this afternoon to look at the pups. My husband is going to try to convince her to take two so they are not lonely. We narrowed it down to keeping 2 little girls, Derbigny (pronounced "der-bih-knee") and the other is NOLA. They look so different that one can't even tell they are related. One is black and brown and BIG and the other is white and light brown spotted with blue eyes and tiny.

When I got home yesterday, My MIL had left. My BIL called her yesterday when he found out their power was back on, so they swung by and picked her up and headed back to Houston. The guy across the street from her is from Canada and decided to stay for the hurricane. He said he would NEVER do that again. He said he had heard gunshots in the neighborhood. Apparently some people in the neighborhood were getting scared and armed themselves. And this is an upper middle class type of neighborhood. Hopefully since the power is back on in most of the area, they will put the guns away.When I talked to her last night, I told her to stay inside! They did have quite a bit of damage to the house when they got home, but nothing that is not fixable while living there.

Last edited by femmecreole; 09-18-2008 at 06:18 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:53 AM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

have fun cottage
hi Cat

bagel is WALKING about 75 percent of the time! he may be able to come home if we can get him 100% mobile and pain free... he has to be able to do steps!

off to get dressed!
Old 09-18-2008, 06:00 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

See you soon, Cottage!

Nessa, so glad to hear good news about Bagel The Great!

Cat, two pups is how it should be. Every dog needs another dog.

Waiting for the shuttle to SYR where I'm hoping to connect with Laurie. So silly not to be on the same flight!

See y'all later!
Old 09-18-2008, 06:44 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Okay, is this Syracuse, NY? Where I went to college? 45 minutes from the land the internet forgot? Now I just want to jump in the car and go see the parents Have fun gals!

Nessa - That's great news about Bagel! Sounds like he still has a lot of fight in him. Fox the Wonder Dog made it to 20 that way. I'll be thinking of both of you.

Cat - Hope the puppies find a good home.

I've got a meeting I'm attending via phone this morning. It's boring but still better than driving 3 hours each way. I'm going to take the afternoon off and go hawk watching. They've been moving this week and I hope to see some.

Good news from the Dr. All is clear and no need to follow this any further. I am so glad to be able to just put this behind me. Now I hope my family will stop hovering!

Have a good day everyone
Old 09-18-2008, 07:48 AM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

ok gang check me out in size 18 jeans:

Old 09-18-2008, 08:01 AM   #7  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Nessa! Wow 18s...you look Great!!!! You have done AWSOME on the beach
And I am so glad that Bagel is doing so much better, prayers are still coming his way

_ Laurie- Cottage- and Ruth- Have a blast ladies!! You deserve it
Well day 4 here so now there are 3 days done without a hitch and I am loving it, I hope everyone has a great day....

Last edited by Christian; 09-18-2008 at 08:02 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks! Today is Friday for my kids, they have the day off tomorrow, boo. It's the county fair around here, and all the kids have the day off and the expectation is that I will take them to the fair. I hate that fair. I never get to look at all the exhibits (which is what I would enjoy), and they want me to drop a bundle on the crappy midway. Last year I bribed them to do something else. This year I think I will just say "forget it". We were at 6 Flags last weekend, and going to Orlando in a few weeks. I think I've fulfilled my entertainment obligations! Nothing else exciting going on around here. The hamster seems to be hanging in there. I haven't heard from DH for several weeks, which I think means he is on the Black Sea and incommunicado due to the war zone. He doesn't know yet that he's treating us to a FL vacation. Surprise!!! And thanks...

Christian, sounds like you are on a roll. Great job!
Nessa, you are too cute. I love those jeans and you look fabulous. One thing I notice in that picture is how skinny your hands look. I still have fat hands. I am so glad Bagel is improving!
Cyndi, glad there is good news from the doctor. How is Julie doing?
Cat, that just sounds like a LOT of dogs. Of course, one dog sounds like a lot to me.
Have fun and behave mods! We will! Promise.
Have a good one chicks and Matt! Glad to see Matt checking in yesterday. BTW, how much do you and Twynn know about small rodents' health issues?
Hello chicks to come. Have a good one everybody!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 09-18-2008 at 08:15 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning all!

I wasn't going to take the time towrite, but after seeing nessa's pic, I had to say, "awesome jeans!!!"...you look great!!!

Off to work. Be good everyone!
Old 09-18-2008, 08:24 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Nessa - You look fabulous! Looks like those 18s already have a little extra room in back too.

Schmoodle - thanks for asking - she is doing better too so the household is back to what passes for normal around here Even the car is better!
Old 09-18-2008, 08:26 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone!

Nessa you look fantastic!!!!! Hope Bagel keeps doing good.

Ruth, Cottage and Laurie enjoy your fun time!!!1

Everyone else have a good day.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:27 AM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

just a quickie!
Nessa so glad about bagel! and Look at your Jeans and your waist! Hourglass Woman!
ok back tot he nightmare!
Old 09-18-2008, 08:43 AM   #13  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

nessa i'm lovin those jeans - you go girl!

Cat good luck with the puupys

My throat is feeling better today which I am so glad as vacation is days away. Softball practice was cancelled lastnite due to the storm we had so got some stuff done to get ready for our trip and there will be more of that this evening.

Have a great day!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 08:52 AM   #14  
Determined to lose!

Good morning everyone! Cottage have fun!

Femme! I hope she does take both pups! That is the best thing, but then, training gets difficult

Nessa! So glad to hear Bagel is up a little! What a sigh of relief!!!!! and YOU GO GIRL! Those jeans look awesome!

Ruth! If I'd known that I'd of met you, I'm an hour from Syracuse!

Cyndi, awesome about being able to move on! Have fun hawk watching! We have them all over around here!

Christian! Glad to hear your enjoying the new eating lifestyle!

Schmoodle! Prayers to your husband, and thank your entire family for his and your sacrifice as he's out in war for our "freedom". (the reason we fight is to be debated!)

Twynn!

Me: So yesterday my sis and I had to stop for kitty supplies. We tried Target, walked out with notta. Walmart I picked up $1 litter pan (had one in shed, but this one's smaller and I just wanted new) and dishes, and went to pet store and picked up a cat toy, it's got a scratcher base and has a wire brush that goes in an n shape on the base, sis says kitty liked it at the shelter and it was on sale!

Kitty had quite the experience last night but I'll spare you details. She was very stressed and had runny nose, eyes, and sneezing. I emailed the foster mom and questioned why she thought this kitty was well, she replied stress sometimes bring symptoms back on. She's feeling much better after a good nights rest. She slept in my bed under blankets at my knees, then at my feet.

She's the most docile thing I've ever held in a 5 mo. old kitten! I thought it was due to not feeling well, dawn says she was like that before she got sick! . She plays, but she's by nature a low keyed kitten.

Jade got to sniff her when I brought her in (had to get jade out for potty) and both were fine with one another!

So sis and I needed something to eat, I almost went to subway, but decided no, we went to a restaurant where I ordered steak (they had for $8!!! they also had baked sweet potato! YUP, never seen that! and a "salad" if you call lettuce with croutons a side salad! GGGRRR.

This am I let puppy out for potty, showed kitty jade wasn't behind the door and she actually ate a few kribbles and drank water! .

Today, back to the grind of job hunting .
Old 09-18-2008, 09:00 AM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Nessa, great news all around! Hooray for Bagel, and more prayers! You look fabulous in your jeans!

Quick fly-by for me all. Sorry. Got an email from a good friend that I hadn't heard from in a long time and had to email him back, and you all know how long-winded I can be.

2 days til the weekend!!!!!!!! Oh, I can't wait!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Lisa
Closed Thread