South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 04:40 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

nessa has me browsing at cappucino corner (wait, didn't I just buy 6 bottles?). I have only tried vanilla, hazelnut, caramel, gingerbread, and peanut butter (don't do it). Liked them all but the pb.

So has anybody tried these? What are the reviews?
Peppermint Paddy
Toasted Marshmallow
Banana
Root Beer - not sure what I'd do with this one though.

I did buy my SB bottle last winter. I hope the prices haven't gone up that much here!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 09-09-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:55 PM   #47  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Peppermint Paddy is awesome in hot chocolate!

you know Schmoo we could take a day and drive up to them, and then save on shipping (of course we would spend it in gas but what a good excuse to spend time together)
Old 09-09-2008, 05:26 PM   #48  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Schmoo - I've had toasted marshmallow before....it's ok in coffee, but freakin' awesome in hot chocolate.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:38 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Thank you for letting us know about the sale. I went crazy because I wanted the free shipping and ordered the raspberry, butterscotch and toasted marshmellow syrups. And only spent $19 because I forgot I had received amazon credit for a survey I completed a few months ago.
Sarah in MD
Old 09-10-2008, 05:45 PM   #50  

You're welcome Sarah.
When did you order? I saw that there was some banana that I missed the first time and tried to order it yesterday, but I think the code is dead now.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:06 AM   #51  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Yeah, Nessa, I get mine at www.netrition.com and they're $7.49 there, but I pay $4.95 for shipping no matter how many I order. Plus, they're located nearby, so I get my order the very next day! I love that place...

DaVinci's syrups are all made with Splenda (nothing else in the sweetener category). I think Torani may be the same way, but other brands are all different, so check labels.

As for Flavors:
I liked Peppermint Paddy in hot chocolate, but not in coffee.

In coffee, my favorites are B52 (DaVinci) and Kahlua.

Toasted Marshmallow is DIVINE in hot chocolate...you can make it yourself with Hershey's (or another brand) cocoa in the box. You mix cocoa and SF syrup and then add hot milk. It's SOOOOO yummy and SAFE for P1! It's also very good with Kahlua.

The only flavor I've really hated is Cherry. It tasted like cough syrup.

DaVinci does sell a plain "simple syrup"...you can get it at Netrition. It's great for recipes.

I love using Spice, Pumpkin Pie, and Gingerbread in baking. I use Orange a lot in sauces for meat and cooking, but in baking, too.

Last edited by beachgal; 09-11-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:42 AM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post
You're welcome Sarah.
When did you order? I saw that there was some banana that I missed the first time and tried to order it yesterday, but I think the code is dead now.
I ordered on Tuesday, but they won't be shipped until 9/15. I don't know why, but I did the free shipping so maybe they only ship free on certain days of the week.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the toasted marshmellow tastes like. Hopefully they will all be good. I've never heard of this brand.
Sarah in MD
Old 09-11-2008, 11:09 AM   #53  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Thanks Laurie for the website. I just ordered the SF chocolate, SF Pumpkin Pie and SF Toasted Marshmallow. I love the world of SF syrups! :-)
Old 09-11-2008, 11:34 AM   #54  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal View Post
Yeah, Nessa, I get mine at www.netrition.com and they're $7.49 there, but I pay $4.95 for shipping no matter how many I order. Plus, they're located nearby, so I get my order the very next day! I love that place...

DaVinci's syrups are all made with Splenda (nothing else in the sweetener category). I think Torani may be the same way, but other brands are all different, so check labels.

As for Flavors:
I liked Peppermint Paddy in hot chocolate, but not in coffee.

In coffee, my favorites are B52 (DaVinci) and Kahlua.

Toasted Marshmallow is DIVINE in hot chocolate...you can make it yourself with Hershey's (or another brand) cocoa in the box. You mix cocoa and SF syrup and then add hot milk. It's SOOOOO yummy and SAFE for P1! It's also very good with Kahlua.

The only flavor I've really hated is Cherry. It tasted like cough syrup.

DaVinci does sell a plain "simple syrup"...you can get it at Netrition. It's great for recipes.

I love using Spice, Pumpkin Pie, and Gingerbread in baking. I use Orange a lot in sauces for meat and cooking, but in baking, too.

wow better shipping price than my place and only 1 extra day to get it....
Old 09-11-2008, 01:58 PM   #55  

They had the pumpkin spice at my Safeway's Starbucks last night, but no sugar free. This does come sugar free right? I thought all the seasonal specialty drinks did, but maybe not? I don't remember if I ever got a pumpkin one SF.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #56  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post
They had the pumpkin spice at my Safeway's Starbucks last night, but no sugar free. This does come sugar free right? I thought all the seasonal specialty drinks did, but maybe not? I don't remember if I ever got a pumpkin one SF.
pumpkin spice....already....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I <3 you.

Seriously, you have no idea of my addiction to that stuff.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:50 PM   #57  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

You guys are dangerous...I didn't order any SF syrup since I am afraid I wouldn't use it...but I did order coffee, almonds, and olives for Christmas presents! Four bags of gourmet coffee, 3 jars of stuffed olives, and I think 3 bags of roasted almonds with herbs for $31...can't beat that! I think all the parents will be getting gourmet food baskets this year! I've been meaning to do most of my Christmas shopping before baby arrives so this is perfect!
Old 09-11-2008, 05:11 PM   #58  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Just catching up - thanks Zeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeffryn View Post
I can't get official word off the starbucks website, but a little google search brought me to believe it is sucralose (splenda) sweetened.

Apparently they have an "original" flavor, which I'm guessing is something like simple syrup. That would be nice to have on hand for mixed drinks.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:17 PM   #59  

I got mine yesterday but in my excitement to get a good deal I ordered the wrong ones! I accidently ordered the regular ones...dang!

I didn't even realize what I had done until I read the back of the label just now. I brought it into work and noticed the label when I drank my coffee...I was like..."hmmm, cane sugar is the second ingredient?" Well, I'll share my big haul with all my co-workers and friends and pretend I'm being generous.

I checked and the only ones they have in stock now are banana.

dissappointed Sarah in MD
Old 09-18-2008, 07:43 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 277/247/180

Height: 5'8"

I just have a question for you SB pros on these sugar free syrups. The main ingredient in them is maltodextrin which, as far as the glycemic index goes, is WAY worse than just eating plain sugar by the spoonful. Is there a reason I am unaware of why these syrups are ok? The glycemic index of maltodextrin is 150 which is 2x's that of sugar. It causes a huge glucose spike which may contribute to cravings as far as I know. help me out here.
Closed Thread