South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 03:50 PM   #31  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Mel - yes, there is a joke about California becoming an island, but it's totally false. In our lifetime I can pretty much gaurentee that that would not happen. However, there is a large chance (like 95% chance) that a Very Large earthquake will hit California. Kind of scary, but you can't live you life in fear. Also, the "rabbit died" was actually how they found out that you were preggos a while back. There was an actual rabbit, and for whatever reason it would be injected with something and if it died then you were pregnant.

Skinnydog - Haven't heard a peep from Kara since she left for Germany. I know we all hope she's doing well.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:57 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

good afternoon all,

Just a check in and a question. Got many things to get done before we are off to pre high school meetings with DS1.

I know there is someone out there that might be able to help. I was having trouble with my portioning so I sort of picked up the point plan from weight watchers(sister use to do it). Now the question is does anyone know a web sight that I can go to and find out what my recipes are in points. I have the point books and the finder slide but I was looking for like points on beany brownies(those are not in the book!!)and some of the other recipes from this board. If you can help I would appreciate it. I am trying but there has to be something I can do.

Happy day Cat. I love being with the little ones.

hi to everyone

have a great day and a safe one.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:59 PM   #33  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

HAHAHAHAHA POAS!!!! I actually got it before I read Ruthie's definition, believe it or not. I was like..... what are they talking about? Ohhhhhh.

Lori, Grandma isn't pulling out of this unless the Lord comes back real soon. The cancer is stage 4 in her brain, lungs, liver, and lymph nodes, and on top of it all, she has a blood clot in her lung. She's not even getting treatment for the cancer anymore. She just wants to try to enjoy her last remaining months (original time-frame given) and spend it with friends and family. The chemo and radiation made her weak and in a lot of pain, and a ton of her hair fell out, and she's just not up for it. She's ready to go home.

I'm glad the home is really nice though. I just remember the one my dad's mom was in..... looked like a hospital, smelled like a renal unit, nobody cared about anybody, bed sores, neglect, the whole works. This place is all carpeted, smells nice, and everybody is really friendly and genuine. I guess they get paid enough (Grandma's private room is $10,000/month) but still, they're just really nice and making her stay there pleasant.

Let's just pray that she makes it til her early birthday party Tuesday.

Little Guy is home today with a sore throat and fever of 101. I finally gave in and ate something because I just couldn't take it anymore, and now my guts are grombling, but nothing urgent.... yet.

So Tom is playing nurse today. I think I'm going to send him to Walmart to buy a cheap DVD player for the bedroom so I can watch something while Little Guy watches his cartoons.

Oop.... gotta go.... damn it. Lots of "celebrating" (ugh) for me. Talk soon girls.

Lisa
Old 07-30-2008, 04:09 PM   #34  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

phx--the "formula" for figuring WW points is

calories/50 + fat/12 - fiber/5 = points value

Dotti's Weight Loss Zone is also a helpful web site for WW points following.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:36 PM   #35  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmacneil6 View Post
Mel - yes, there is a joke about California becoming an island, but it's totally false. In our lifetime I can pretty much gaurentee that that would not happen. However, there is a large chance (like 95% chance) that a Very Large earthquake will hit California. Kind of scary, but you can't live you life in fear. Also, the "rabbit died" was actually how they found out that you were preggos a while back. There was an actual rabbit, and for whatever reason it would be injected with something and if it died then you were pregnant.
Hahahahaaaaaa! I knew he was either making it up or had his facts wrong, as usual. He always thinks he is right! Thanks Hcmacneil for setting it straight, 'cause I'm soooo gonna shove this in his face when he comes home from work. *gleeful*

Awww.... that rabbit thing is so horrible. I'm glad we don't do such things anymore!
Old 07-30-2008, 04:48 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Karla, no Kara hasn't posted since she went to visit DH in Pensacola several months ago. Presumably she got very busy with the move to Germany and got out of the habit of visiting here. She may pop back in here one day. We have several AWOL recently, Schatzi, Laurie, Kiko among them, but I think we will see them again. Since I've been around some others have taken vacations then come back to us, not to mention names (weezle, Nessa, indigal!). People get busy I guess, or are not as obsessive as me!
Cat, congrats on the job!
Kim, can't wait to hear the results!
Sorry, chicks, not much time today.
weezle, hope you get some nice family time in with Grandma. It must be very sad.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 07-30-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:17 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

I think some of us you won't be able to pry away from here kicking and screaming. I know for me checking in here daily is what keeps me honest, my eating might be off somedays but I feel accountable to each and every person who posts here and it helps me dust off and hop back on the joyride!
Old 07-30-2008, 05:18 PM   #38  

I wonder if Kara just doesn't have computer access set up yet with the move. And usually we see Kiko in the summer when she isn't teaching. We kept trying to meet up since she lives close to where I work but we've never managed it.

Works busy this week. I'm still on the phone so I need to get back to work.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:16 PM   #39  

Height: 5'7.5"

Question Are Boca burgers out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Melanie View Post
Hey ladybugnessa, what do you mean, the rabbit died? Confused. I'm guessing it's a metaphor, but, not sure.

Choices, if you're talking about the eggplant lasagna, let me know how that is. I am interested in trying it but my BF thinks it sounds gross. He thinks the only way to eat a veggie is deep fried and cheesy. (Yet, stays skinny, TOO skinny.)

It is dead in here today, guys. There is like, no one posting! I've got to go watch Days of our Lives in 10 minutes and give Liam his afternoon feeding.
Hi Mel...yes, I'll let you know..my DH already said nope..so he's going to fry up a braut...outside on the grill...okeydoky w/moi
Curious about the BOCA's tho..I can't find it in the bk.but I have a old bk. so maybe it's changed...There use to be a SB for vegetarians,but don't see that anymore.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:02 PM   #40  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

actually ladies,

the rabbit ALWAYS died... they need to see the ovaries of the rabbit to know if a woman is pregnant

here's an explanation

http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/rabbit.asp
Old 07-30-2008, 07:46 PM   #41  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hello Chicks

My internet was out this morning and I'm just catching up. Tonight we had dinner with from the second mutant squash plant. Here's a pic. Tasted like the other one but looks different. It was yummy with thyme, garlic chives and lf feta.

Heather - Glad to hear you made it through the shake yesterday!

Mel - We only eat eggplant lasagna. It's good!

Choices - I ate Boca burgers right along. They don't typically have much, if any, grain and meet the high protein low fat requirement. I read a lot of ingredient lists because lots of the vegetarian and whole foods items we eat aren't mentioned by name in the book.

Cat - Great news!

Sorry for the limited personals. It's impossible at night!

I've been thinking about Kara too. Hope things are going well and they're settling in.

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-23-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Closed Thread