South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 09:33 AM   #16  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies! I'm sorry but I don't have time right now for personals, because I want to share yesterday with you all. I'll do my best to get to personals later.

So yesterday started out fairly quiet, in fact I was relatively bored at work, right up until just before noon, when the earthquake hit. It was a doozy! It had been a long time since we have had a significant earthquake happen in a populated area, and I've never experienced one during the day (usually they take place in the morning or later evening). Some of my kids had never really experienced one, so boy were they worked up. Our hard core gang class were the most scared......completely forgot the "Get under the desk & stay where you are" rule and went running and screaming down the halls and tried to get out. Quite the sight. Fortunately the earth rocked and quaked, but there was no major damage. My sister, who works at the epicenter was worked up, and we couldn't call because cell phones were out. But she was OK as well.
So after the earthquake fun, I got home from work and headed out with Rich to a wine bar where the magazine party was being held. Met up with our friends (who we play poker with) and had TOO MUCH OF A GOOD TIME!!! Let's just say it ended with me winning the karaoke contest. The scale was fine this morning, but I don't think it will stay. I'm going to be on my best behavior today and hope that with A LOT of water it won't end up being too bad.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!!!!
ENJOY!
Old 07-30-2008, 09:49 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning all! The office is quiet as we're not open yet, so maybe I'll have time to respond to everyone before being interrupted!

Cat: Congratulations! I'm very happy for you and your new close-to-home teaching position. Enjoy getting prepared. I imagine that, even though there's a lot to do, there's a lot of excitement as well. Let us know how the classroom is!

Ruth: I second what Cottage said. The roof on our house hasn't been replaced for 5 years and DH still finds roofing nails when he's mowing. Enjoy your day and good for you for your no-catering period. Enjoy cooking for just you and the pups!

Cottage: Yay! Kitchen demo! How exciting. Is it just to accommodate the new microwave or a total remodel? Enjoy your swimming.

Nessa: Bummer about Bagel, but at least you know what it is and there's a way to treat it. Hope Brian's doc visit goes well and that his tailbone is just still bruised and it's not something more serious. You need a break!!

Mandy: Thanks for the quote; it's a good one! I guess the immaturity is a constant in every workplace scenario. Hope it's not too dramatic and that it isn't a distraction for you.

TwynnB: Oooh! A picnic with the kiddos sounds fun! Maybe DH and I will picnic this weekend. Have a nice, short work-day and enjoy being productive at home!

Belle Mer: I hear you on wanting something different. DH and I have been feeling the same way lately. I'm trying out two new recipes this week, so it should be interesting. (I usually limit myself to one new recipe a week). Enjoy cookbook surfing; it's one of my favorite things to do!

, Pearl and Gonna! I hope you both have a great day!

Lisa: I'm glad to hear your Grandma is in a nice place. It is so hard to find nice nursing homes these days. I hope that you get over your illness, or whatever it is , soon!

Loriann: Wow. It sounds like you're going to be busy this weekend! I'm sure you'll have an enjoyable time. Sending good thoughts your way about a job.

Stephanie: Sorry about the washer! Hope the repairman gets there today. Good luck getting the month closed out.

Me: Not much going on today. I worked out this morning, showered and fixed breakfast, but I couldn't finish breakfast. I was hit by a sudden wave of nausea that wouldn't go away, so I threw out the breakfast and rushed to work. Wonder what's going on. I'm feeling better now, but not hungry. I'll wait a while and try to eat a snack.

I tackled Mount St. Laundry last night and got everything folded and put away. I'll have to wash another small load tonight and then I'll be back on my regular schedule. I'm hoping to spend some time cleaning up the back bedrooms before settling in with either a book or a movie and some crocheting. I'll have to wait and see if my Netflix arrives today.

Well, I'm surprised I got this entire post done with only one interruption! Hope everyone to come has a great day!

Edited to add: Hmacneil: I'm so glad that everyone was okay! I can't imagine what an earthquake feels, looks or sounds like. I'm certain I'd be with the gang class running around the halls. (Sounds like a tough bunch. ) I'm glad your evening wasn't ruined by the quake, and that you had a great time. Congrats on winning the karaoke contest - you must have some voice!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 07-30-2008 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Add content
Old 07-30-2008, 09:52 AM   #18  
Determined to lose!

OK, so after all the planning, Clair called to tell me the gang isn't coming Friday, but tomorrow instead! I will ask my son if he will stay another night and go again tomorrow! (I promised them to go today, so I guess we will be doing a "dry run). Well, this all will work out as I was to have Nick back home tomorrow, and Clair lives just a minute from his house, down the same road! and with the drive being an hour and a half one way, I'm excited about that arrangement!

Last night, brave soul that I am, I let dn get behind the wheel of my car! He just got his permit and yes, It was the FIRST time he's driven. Actually he didn't do to bad! He may be 17 but in some ways is a little slow. But he's a good kid. I think I might be giving more lessons today.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:31 AM   #19  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Me: Not much going on today. I worked out this morning, showered and fixed breakfast, but I couldn't finish breakfast. I was hit by a sudden wave of nausea that wouldn't go away, so I threw out the breakfast and rushed to work. Wonder what's going on. I'm feeling better now, but not hungry. I'll wait a while and try to eat a snack.
Sure you're not joining me and Zeff???
Old 07-30-2008, 10:35 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieW View Post
Sure you're not joining me and Zeff???
I really don't think so, but you never know! I don't think so. Wouldn't that be something? I haven't missed or been late, lately and I've been off the Metformin for about 5 months. I'll keep an eye on it. I have my annual at the end of August, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens...
Old 07-30-2008, 10:50 AM   #21  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Kim, That's wonderful you are regular without the Met. I don't have the same luck. If you keep having waves of nausea---take a test!!
Old 07-30-2008, 11:26 AM   #22  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim_Star060404 View Post
I really don't think so, but you never know! I don't think so. Wouldn't that be something? I haven't missed or been late, lately and I've been off the Metformin for about 5 months. I'll keep an eye on it. I have my annual at the end of August, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens...
oh KIM... are you gonna WAIT till august or are you gonnna POAS?
Old 07-30-2008, 11:34 AM   #23  

I'll give it a few more days and then POAS if I'm still morning-nauseous.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:45 AM   #24  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Before someone asks ...POAS is Pee On A Stick. If you need further interpretation, ask your Mommy!
Old 07-30-2008, 11:59 AM   #25  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

FemmeCreole, that is wonderful news, congratulations.

Ladybugnessa, I am sorry your doggy has lyme's disease, but so glad that he will eventually be okay. It's so heartbreaking when something happens to our pets.

Loriann7, awww, I want to go back and get the black and brown puppy.. his eyes were so adorable yet sad... BF was dissapointed when he came home and I told him the lady from AC came and got them. I have a brother named Nick, he's 18, and doesn't even have his permit.

Hcmacneil, I heard about that earthquake on the news. I can't even imagine how scary it was, I have never been around one, hope to never find out. Also since you're from California... my boyfriend claims there's been a prediction for about 100 years that one day an earthquake will rip California from the US and make it into an island.. . any truth to that? He tends to make stuff up sometimes, I've noticed, and swear it as the truth until the logistics of my mind figure it out, or another fact proves him wrong. Also I think he really believes these things when he says them... heh heh.

Good thing Ruthxx explained the POAS thing, because I was like, huhhh? The Pee on the stick part however, I understand.

Wow Kimstar, if you are pregnant, how cool would that be? You may just have a virus though, but still. That's exciting.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:08 PM   #26  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

oy you all should know i'm too old to POAS... i had to have blood tests... the rabbit died... LOL

actually they had POAs but only at the doctors office no over the counter POAS when i was preggers...
Old 07-30-2008, 12:40 PM   #27  

Height: 5'7.5"

Smile Morning Chicks...newbie checking in..day 3

Morning...day 3. Yesterday went well...did the chili thing w/salad for dinner...walked 30min. Today I'm planning on making the eggplant dish...
Congrats to Cat...I use to sub teach the 2nd grade sometimes,love that age.
Days-a-waiting...Choices~
Old 07-30-2008, 12:52 PM   #28  
Healthy mommy

Hey ladybugnessa, what do you mean, the rabbit died? Confused. I'm guessing it's a metaphor, but, not sure.

Choices, if you're talking about the eggplant lasagna, let me know how that is. I am interested in trying it but my BF thinks it sounds gross. He thinks the only way to eat a veggie is deep fried and cheesy. (Yet, stays skinny, TOO skinny.)

It is dead in here today, guys. There is like, no one posting! I've got to go watch Days of our Lives in 10 minutes and give Liam his afternoon feeding.

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 07-30-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:11 PM   #29  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

Drive by as usual for me...I read posts, but can only post when I am home. No posting from the hospital computers.
I asked yesterday, but I'll try again...Anyone heard from Kara since she and Tom moved to Germany? The last post I saw from her was in late April.
I have been missing in action since June myself...move, family here, traveling etc.
Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday.
Karla
Old 07-30-2008, 03:32 PM   #30  
Healthy mommy

Hi, Skinnydogmom.. I haven't seen anyone named Kara post here, then again, I've only been on the SBD forum for a month or so. Maybe two. I'm sure some of the more senior SBD'ers will be able to tell you. I'll keep asking for you if you don't get any answers yet since I'm a stay at home mom (so basically have access to the 'net all day long) and you aren't able to post during the day at work.

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 07-30-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Closed Thread