South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 09:19 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 267.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Well, the Dr. lowered my dosage to 300mgs (till Friday night) so I'm not dizzy anymore!!! I'm not looking fwd to this weekend, but at least I won't have to go anywhere or do anything

I've got so much work to catch up on because of my day off yesterday.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!
Old 07-31-2007, 09:46 AM   #17  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Pacer, great job on your loss! Hope you wade through the paperwork quickly!!!

Kiko, I'm thinking we need to have an all-out woosh fairy dance-a-thon! I'm weighing in tomorrow for the first and only time in August and I want to have a good number to start off my day and month. At least if we don't conjure up any fairies, we'll burn some calories, eh?!

Jessie, have a great time out to dinner tonight! I've never been to the Melting Pot, but it sounds like such a fun place to go!

Lisa, have a good drive tomorrow! Do you have some boppin' tunes to keep you occupied?

On to page 2...
Old 07-31-2007, 09:46 AM   #18  
Visualizing the Goal

Glad to hear you got that dizziness under control, Mare. Hope you can fit everything in today. Doesn't it always seem like the world collapses around us when we miss a day in our routines?!

Kara
Old 07-31-2007, 09:49 AM   #19  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Talking

Hey Ladies:
I'm sipping my protien shake and letting my cheesecake thaw. I had an oddly satisfying breakfast of Turkey luncheon meat and black beans I'm wierd but that's what I was craving! (just had TOM so not PG) cheesecake will be my elevensie
We're going out to lunch for my coworkers bday and I've already scoped out the options grilled shrimp salad dressing on the side or maybe shrimp cocktail.
I worked out lalst night and used the incline on the treadmill so I'm feeling firmer already!
For anybody on PH2 I tried the tofu shirataki last night with an ITalian inspired sauce (I reheated my veggie packed meatloaf with some extra sauce soo good even DH inhaled it they're just like stretchier pasta
Jessie HAppy Anniversary!!!! Have a wonderful and romantic night!
Iammare that's great nothing is more important that feeling in control and Not Dizzy!
Kiko I'm planning to chain the whoosh fairy to my railing till she decides to bless me with a loss!
Cottage Remember to take time for you!!
Lisa I awakened on my own today too Wierd! Take care and make sure you get sleep!! (why is it always donuts?)

Kara remember to post Pics of the wedding can't wait to see your dress!
LC dont you wish you could just "throw a flag down" when people/kids are getting into it. I'm always the ref and that's with adults!
CAT Have a great day!
Tara we're lookign at jumping into the house game too Care for a cup of stress?

I ahve a dress for motivation for my gfs wedding at the end of August its a couture black silk shantung dress My Mom had bought for my gramma (She NEVER NEVER wore old woman clothes) so My eye is on the prize!
BBIAB
Kier
Old 07-31-2007, 09:50 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning chicks. I just did a mid-week weigh in to get the final number for August weight loss, and the grand total is 9.5 lbs. I'm thrilled with that, especially since I was on vacation 2 weeks, and had a houseguest the whole month and DH was away. My goal was 7 lbs., so I upped my goal for August to 8 lbs. I also set a mini-goal to be in "onederland" by November 1. Here's hoping I don't hit a plateau!

DH and DS will be taking his niece to the airport today to fly home. I know she'll be happy to see her family, but I think she had a nice visit. Anyway, I hope she doesn't go home with all kinds of stories about what a crazy family we are.

Pacer I'm with you. I swore I'd never move again. After 5 years in this house, I only just recently got all the boxes unpacked. If I do have to move again, I'm going to leave all my stuff behind and just get new stuff. When I was a kid we moved once, from one side of town to the other, and I thought I was going to die, since I had to change schools. I lived in the same town my whole life until we moved an hour away 5 years ago. I guess I'm a creature of habit.
Happy Anniversary Jessie!
Have a great day Kiko, iammare, cat, littlechick
Lisa, I hope you have a better day today.
femme, try not to work too hard!
Sleep tight Kara!
cottage, hope you have some time to yourself today.

I am looking forward to a boring week. Lots of cleaning, laundry, and work to catch up on. And I need to get rid of the bad foods that have snuck back into the kitchen since the kids have been home. My sleep schedule has gotten really messed up the last week or two, The kids have been staying up too late also. I need to get back to getting up early. Tonight I'll get to bed by 10 (famous last words). Time to decide what to have for breakfast and start my day!
Old 07-31-2007, 09:53 AM   #21  

Hi KO, we posted at the same time. Have a good one! Your dress sounds beautiful. Soon I think I'll be ready to start thinking about some clothing rewards. My pants are starting to fall down.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:05 AM   #22  
Visualizing the Goal

Kier, I had to stifle my belly laugh at your post because I'm the only one up waiting on laundry to finish and I didn't want to awaken the entire household. You are a hoot...chaining the whoosh fairy down!

Schmoodle, I hate to break it to ya, but I'm sure your niece has a treasure-trove of "crazy relative" stories she's taking home with her! hehehe Way to go on your loss this month! I think you stole all of mine...oh wait, that was me eating too much and evening out my losses...

Off to bed. The laundry's almost done and ready to hang. "See" you all in the mornin'!

Kara
Old 07-31-2007, 10:11 AM   #23  

Height: 5'6"

Hi, Well today was my "day off" and worked 4 hours.... I have no energy...and am a bit depressed at the moment. I had a bit of a food binge this afternoon/evening...very depressing. I think I should probably re do phase 1...I don't know. It's been my first "binge" since June 1st.
I started out being so good to myself...I don't know what I should do... redo phase 1? Any suggestions?
kitty
Old 07-31-2007, 10:12 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Terrific Tuesday to all you chickies!

It's raining a lot here! That's really good! I'm just hoping that it lets up this weekend as DH's friend is driving up from the Gulf Coast to visit us.

Kier: Oh, how I miss good tofu dishes! My grandma (she's Japanese) used to serve it a different way at every meal - even breakfast! It's really hard to get out here, but I can order it online!

mare: Glad the lower dosage is working for you! Hope you have a great day!

Pacer: I feel the same way you do about moving. That's why I'm so glad we finally bought a house - no more moving from rent house to rent house!

Kiko: I'm still waiting with you for the whoosh fairy. She sure is taking her time this month, isn't she?

Jessie: Happy Anniversary! Wow, Brazil coming up - sounds exciting! Hope the work class isn't going that badly.

Lisa: I'm glad you're feeling less exhausted today! Sounds like it's going to be a long one for you again. I'm still saying my prayers for you and DH.

LC: Our weather seems to be doing the same thing as yours is lately. I think it's settled on rain for a while though. The sun is supposed to pop out this afternoon sometime.

Cat: Have a great day!

tar: Oooh, buying a new home is so fun! I just loved looking at different places and was SO happy when we settled on one! Hope it's a fun experience for ya'll!

Kara: I'm excited for your trip, too! I bet your kiddos will be little angels on the flight. They sound like great kids according to your descriptions! Your sister is having a huge wedding party - what a bunch of fun!

Cottage: Hope you're having the morning off still! I've been keeping OP by buying a LOT of OP food for emergencies.

ME: Well, things are going well for me. The month of August promises to be a busy one with every weekend but one booked with company, crocheting parties, tupperware parties, and my birthday. That's good, though. I seem to eat a lot less when I'm busy.

I did my last weigh-in for the morning and I'm stuck at 210. I know why, though. Not enough working out for me for the past month. I've only been doing well the last week and a half. Today I need to get the house cleaned up and make some appetizers for tomorrow night. Still don't know what I'm going to make. Guess I'd better get online and do a recipe search! Have a great day!

~Kim
Old 07-31-2007, 10:16 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Schmoodle: WTG on the loss! You did great! You're a great inspiration for us all!

Kitty: Sorry about your binge, but it happens to all of us from time to time, right? When I have a bad meal, I just keep going with P2. But, when I've had a bad 2 or 3 days, I move to P1.5 for a week. If all else fails, I finally move to P1 for a week.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:17 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 191/183/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning all! I've got my second cup of coffee in me, and I'm ready to get through this pile on my desk!

Jessie, happy anniversary! I love the Melting Pot in Nashville! We used to drive there from Crossville for special occasions. Don't tell my mother, but I'm a little homesick.
Weezle, keeping you in my thoughts girl. Have a safe drive!
LC, I think a ref's outfit would be terrific! And you could even come up with a set of "calls" too!
Femme, good luck with work!
Tar, happy home shopping!
Cottage, hope you get some "you" time today.
Kiko, here's hoping the woosh fairy does pay a visit!
Pacergal29, you're so close to goal, congrats!
iammare, glad you've gotten those dizzies in check!
Kara, I wish you a safe and smooth trip! (and a good in-flight movie!)
Schmoodle...good luck with the 10 pm bedtime tonight!
KO, I hope you're gonna post of pic of you in that black dress! It sounds lovely!

Me: still trying to get into running...going for 2.3 miles today! I'm adding up distance very slowly because I have a bad knee. So far it hasn't given me any trouble, knock wood!
Old 07-31-2007, 10:24 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 191/183/140

Height: 5'5

Indigal and Kim, missed you cross-posting!

Indigal, don't let one binge get you down. If you're going to redo Phase I, a few days should be all you need to get those cravings in check.

Kim, June was a bad month for me...only one pound. Then July went better than I expected. I'm sure you're just on a temporary plateau. Hang in there and see what August brings!
Old 07-31-2007, 10:31 AM   #28  

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Kim and Betty, I shouldn't be so hard on myself. kitty
Old 07-31-2007, 11:01 AM   #29  

Indigal, I've been having some issues like that too. I think we started SBD around the same time and I was so good for about 6 weeks, absolutely no cheating. Maybe it's normal to hit this point and start slipping a little. But we've just got to keep going, and not worry about it too much, except to try and figure out why it happened and how to avoid it in the future. I haven't felt like I needed to repeat Phase I, I still don't have cravings. Only do it if you feel like you need to get rid of cravings. It's not a punishment, and for 1 indulgence, I think you probably won't need to go back.

I was just uploading my beach pix and thought I'd share one:
This is DD and DS with my niece in the middle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0050.jpg (38.3 KB, 20 views)
Old 07-31-2007, 11:20 AM   #30  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Scmoodle! thats an adorable pic!
Closed Thread