South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 06:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Taking On Tuesday, Beach Chat

Good Morning Girls,

Here's our 2nd day of a brand new week, are you ready to take it on? I've been facing so many temptations in the food department lately, that if I don't pyche myself up in the morning, I may not make it through the day staying OP!

I'm hoping I have the morning off, I never know anymore when Cindy is going to have an emergency and need me. I told her I could be flexible, but some days are just insane! She and Richard are some of the nicest people I've ever known, but they have to remember that I have a life of my own apart from them.

Kara, I'll bet you're getting excited about your trip! I sure don't envy you, though, traveling all that distance by yourself with 3 little ones!!!
Old 07-31-2007, 06:32 AM   #2  

Jessie, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
Old 07-31-2007, 06:40 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JESSIE!!!!!

I am getting excited about my trip, Linda! I can't wait to get home and sink my teeth into the wedding planning. My sister is so excited for her big day, and I've been itching to help out with stuff but there's not much I can do from here. The trip over here was so easy, so either I'm in for it this time around, or we should be OK. My kids are good travellers - heck, they've moved enough times! Poor Connor has lived in six houses in four states and two different countries in his five years of life, and we moved from Texas to northern California when Kadyn was a week and a half old!

I really have to get the floors swept and shower off before I get the kids to bed so I'm going to end here and check back in later.

Kara
Old 07-31-2007, 07:00 AM   #4  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning chics! I'm enjoying my first cup of coffee this morning! Tryin' to get good and awake! All is well in my neck of the woods. Hubby and I went to look at some homes last night. We really want to move to a larger home and be a little closer to everything. I hear that the school systems are much better ANYWHERE else also! I can see that this is gonna be a lengthy process. We also have to sell our home and all of this is sooo new to me. Wish us luck!

Cottage~You're an inspiration to me! I see that we were around the same start weight and you've done so good! Your getting so close to your goal!!!
Jessie~ Happy Anniversary!!!
Kara~Happy travelin'!!! I hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip! Have fun helping your sister too!
I hope everyone has a wonderful day on the beach!!!
Old 07-31-2007, 07:34 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Morning, Tara! Good luck with the home business! We've never owned our own home (always lived on base or rented) so that's all Greek to me also. We joke that we're going to be eighty before we pay off the mortgage to our "real house" - what we call the house we'll actually move into after Tom retires from the military. It'll be weird to not move so often!

Kara
Old 07-31-2007, 07:52 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Flying by to say Good Morning and hope everyone has a wonderful day. I'm up to my ears in work, so waving hey and taking off again.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:02 AM   #7  

Good morning, Tara and Cat.

Kara, it seems that most military kids are pretty good travelers, like it's bred into their blood. We never had any trouble traveling with our kids while Jake was in the army. They adjusted very well to each move and always seemed to make new friends easily. I hope your trip goes smoothly. If you weren't going to be so busy with wedding preparations, I'd suggest we try to meet up someplace!
Old 07-31-2007, 08:16 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning my fine feathered friends. Not much happening on my towel today. It is pretty overcast here today. One minute they say sun one minute they say rain. Whats a girl todo.
Cottage- hope you have a great day
Kara- I bet you are so excited, to see your family. I love weddings. Are you a bridesmaid?
Kat- Good morning have a great day
Tara- Enjoy your coffee
Me- Nothing doing for the moment. The kids are trying to play on the xbox and the baby keeps getting in the way. Great fun... well must go be the refree I need to go get my stripped shirt and whistle.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:29 AM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

Cat, have a fun and productive day!

Linda, I will PM you if we end up having a down-day while we're home! I'm glad to hear about your kids adjusting well to moves. Sometimes I feel guilty about uprooting them so much, but on the other hand they're getting incredible experiences they wouldn't have otherwise had. Plus, they're going to need something to blame me for when they get older!

LC, I'm a matron-of-honor but I made my sister promise not to call me "matronly"! Actually, all three of us sisters are matrons-of-honor (Em's the last of the gals to get married - she's the youngest). Four of her friends are also in the bridal party. All of the brothers-in-law are standing up, along with our brother and some of her fiance's friends. It's going to be quite the wedding party!

Kara
Old 07-31-2007, 08:39 AM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

How about this..... I woke up on my own today. And only halfway exhausted instead of completely. Maybe today will be a good day....

Going to be another long day today. I'm training someone until 2, then on my own until 5, then I have my last PT appointment. Then I will come home, have dinner, and go to my parents' house to switch cars with Mom. I have to leave here at 5:20 am to be in Decatur by 6, to make it to Indianapolis by 10 their time, to have coffee and donuts (neither of which I can ingest) with the Zone VP who I've never met. After about an hour, turning around and coming home. Thought about having lunch with Abdul while we're there but he's coming home Thurs for 5 days and staying with my parents, so I know I'll see plenty of him.

That means I have to be up at 4:15 though. I need to drink my Sleepy Time tea at like 7:30 tonight to conk myself out.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JESSIE!!!!

Kara, I don't know how you do all that moving around, especially with little ones. I hate moving!

What's on the agenda for everyone else today?

Lisa
Old 07-31-2007, 08:50 AM   #11  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Lisa, I wanted you to know I prayed specifically on the way into work today that God will change your husband's heart and lift his depression and negative attitude. I know He is able...if we will cooperate. Keep praying, sweetie, my heart is with you.

Kara, That is amazing to have been that many places around the world. Your kids will never forget all the experiences! I hope my sister gets married some day so I can be in her wedding. She always tells me she is sure that when she decides to get married I will be 9 months pregnant and give birth during her wedding just to have all the attention on me. She thinks so highly of me, huh?!

Thanks for all the anniversary wishes! I am excited to ignore any diet tonight because we're going to the Melting Pot. Back on the wagon tomorrow! I really need to be working out this week and next before I leave for Brazil, since I am sure we are going to be doing tons of walking. Honestly, though, with the people I'm going with I don't think I would be the one lagging behind (I am the youngest and one of the smaller people!).

Sadly, I have to go to a class at work from 8-11 today...BLECH. And since it's 7:50 I guess I should get on my way!

Jessie
Old 07-31-2007, 08:53 AM   #12  

Kara, if your kids are like mine, they'll be thanking you for all the great experiences they had while growing up. My kids constantly reminisce about their days of being an "army brat", and I think it's helped them to cope and adjust to any situation as an adult.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:58 AM   #13  

Weezle, your next couple of days sure sound busy! Get a good night's sleep tonight, you're going to need it! I'm keeping you and DH in my prayers.

Jessie, enjoy your special dinner with DH tonight! How exciting to be going to Brazil! Is it business or pleasure?
Old 07-31-2007, 09:09 AM   #14  

Morning chicks!

Cottage Good morning! Here is hoping that you really do have the entire morning off.

LC Morning! I am waiting for the neighbor to get here- I give it an hour or so before I have my first referee stint.

Weezle I am tired reading your post. You know I have been praying for you.

Jessie HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I love The Melting Pot- enjoy!!!

Kara Sweet dreams!

Femme Sorry to hear that you are swamped with work.

Tar Good luck on the house hunting. We are still in our "starter" home and will probably be here for quite awhile. It really is plenty big, you just always wish for more!

Me- Not too much on tap for the day- I need to run a few errands this morning and then DD has a dentist appt this afternoon.

Here is hoping the whoosh fairy makes a serious visit today!
Old 07-31-2007, 09:18 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good morning Ladies! Shaping up to be a hot one here! Full day of work ahead as usual, have 2 closing scheduled in my office this afternoon and have to tackle a stack of files that seems to have grown overnight!

I am quickly approaching my goal! Today the scales read 117.4, not changing my ticker yet as I like to see the same # for a couple days before I do (yes I am one of those darn daily weighers!).

All this talk of moving whether it be current or in the past brings back so many nightmares! I swore that I am never moving again this last time!

Kara I hope your trip goes smooth and you have a great time! Weddings are something my family was never big on! I came from a strange lot! LOL

Lisa Hope you have a good day. I will be thinking of you! Have a safe trip tomorrow!

Jessie Happy aniversary!

To everyone else have a great day and will power dust to all!
Closed Thread