Old 07-22-2006, 06:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Default lunch ideas

Hey everyone

Im new to this diet officially (unofficially I usually eat foods like this) and, as everyone else probably suffers from lack of time, Im curious what you guys eat for lunch. I have to pack a lunch each day for school and its easier to prepare it at night instead of rushing around in the morning.

If anybody could give me some lunch ideas I'd really appreciate it!!!!
teacher25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 09:53 PM   #2  

Hey teacher, I pack my lunch every day too. I have taken 1/2 of the chicken or beef that I cooked the night before and either add it to a salad or a wrap. I have made the grilled asparagus salad and the nicose salad in the book and both were good. wraps and salads are the easiest for me to take though! I have found it really easy and love the variety!!!!
over52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 07:40 AM   #3  
Angela

S/C/G: 191/163/140

Height: 5'6"

Lunch is tricky isn't it....Bringing your own is the very best though, it seems in restaurants the unexpected blips are more likely to occur.

I don't have a microwave to cook a lunch in when away from home, but if I did I'd eat soup - all the time. I love it! When I did have access to a microwave I used to make big batches of vegetable soup, minstrone, lentil, navy bean, cabbage - you name it. I'd make a big batch on the weekend and divide it into tupperwares for each day. I'd bring 1/2 pita to dip. YUM.

My not-so-favorite lunch but the one that I always lose weight on is a tuna salad. Pretty basic - lettuce, some salad veggies and some kind of homemade tuna salad. My favorite is to add chili-pepper paste or wasabi to give it a kick, or sometimes basil or dill if I have fresh on hand. I use FF yogurt w/ a little LF mayo to make it creamy, and sometimes mustard too. I don't love tuna, but if it's made tasty enough I'll eat it and I always lose weight when I do.

And on a sidenote - when I was more a weight-watcher oriented person I used to bring frozen dinners like Lean Cuisines w/ little packages of LF yogurts or snackwells type stuff. I did this for over a year, rarely felt satisfied and lost weight much more slowly. I'm all about the natural and fresh foods now - they taste so much better and they keep me satiated. Just a little boost for Sonoma
Good luck on Sonoma! It's fab, you'll love it!
wish4fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:19 AM   #4  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

Make an extra portion of your dinner the night before and keep it in one of those handy little containers with the separate compartments. I love left-overs and it's no more expensive or time consuming to make an extra serving. The trick is to get it in the fridge BEFORE you have dinner so you're not tempted to eat it then!
Mummy_Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:38 AM   #5  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

ditto here, leftovers or wraps are about all I eat for lunch. I don't have to take my lunch to go per se but with 2 kids running around, it's got to be quick or it'll end up being junky. Also you could keep some hardboiled eggs on hand. I'm not a big tuna salad fan but I make a mean chicken salad (the secret ingredient is poultry seasoning).
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 12:10 PM   #6  

Some of my favorites are:

Spinach pesto over ww pasta
Warm Greek Pita Sandwiches With Turkey and Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce
Easy Eggplant Pita - having that this week
Baked Tofu Spinach Wrap
Turkey and veggie burritos
Broccoli slaw and turkey wraps
Homemade veggie burger wraps
Asian Broccoli Burrito
Quinoa Tabbouleh
Cold Szechuan Noodles and Shredded Vegetables
Quinoa and Black Beans
Mexican Bean Burgers wraps
sweet potato and black bean burritos

All of these are on my recipe review page, buried deep in there but there. Almost all of these can be frozen and taken to work and nuked or if served cold, are defrosted by lunch time
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:14 PM   #7  

WOw, those are all great ideas. Linda, I am going to go check out some more of your recipes. I have taken all of the above before yours. I do think lunches are easier on SOnoma. Thanks for all the tips! Vicki
over52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

wow!! thanks for all the tips. I'm gonna try a couple wraps this week as a starter. I like the soup idea; I love soup too but I might try that when the little kindergarteners can eat lunch without me being there. I might try various salads too. Happy eating!
teacher25 is offline   Reply With Quote