Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 04:56 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 258/218/169

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone!

Happy Sunday! This has been one busy weekend. Yesterday we went to a festival all day and did a lot of walking. Today I did 45 minutes on the treadmill and my abs dvd. I continue to hang at 200 lbs. and can't seem to make it over to Onederland. I've increased my exercise a lot over the last three weeks and I'm thinking my body is just adjusting. It's a little frustrating but I have faith that it will happen.

The kids and I took DH to DQ for Father's Day and I didn't have anything. Now that's a first to be proud of. It felt good to say no thank you.

Last edited by Shrinking Mama; 06-20-2006 at 09:34 AM.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:30 PM   #62  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Hi Shrinking Mama.. I've been playing at just below 200 for quite awhile.. not long enough to take the 200 off my goals.. Even though the scale shows me at the same weight for quite awhile I can feel and see differences.. Not just on the outside, but the inside. So if the scale wants to keep showing this weight but my body feels better and better .. I'm ok with that too.

Today's activities.. a bit more gardening, only 2 miles on the mill, a short bike ride (YES I dusted off the bike and lots and lots of housework. I also hosted another dinner party so I'm a bit pooped. um... and yes I probably ate more than I would have it had been a regular night at home.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:28 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Hey, where is everyone???

Today was a planned day off, for which I am thankful. Left foot still hurts, though not as bad. And the pain isn't shooting up my shin anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayde
Sherry, is wearing uncomfortable dress shoes necessary at your job? I wouldn't be able to take it. It's hard to find shoes big enough for me as it is anyway... let alone dress shoes! I hope your foot is feeling better soon.
Jayde, I am actually very picky about shoes. Will not buy them if they're not comfy. Also like them to look good, too, so I have a hard time finding shoes. And I don't think it's the shoes after all. My right foot is completely fine and I found a spider bite on my left leg the other day. My symptoms are consistent with an infection that could have been caused by the spider bite.

And glad to see you went for a bike ride! And congrats on the comment from your son re: your "skinny flat butt."

Shrinking Mama, I'm so impressed that you were able to say "no" at DQ. I am not that strong, which could explain why I'm stuck at ~165.

Tomorrow I plan (hope) to get up early, early for a lower body weight workout. Hope the left foot cooperates and will just have to modify things if it doesn't. Then hubby and I plan to swim after work tomorrow evening. I truly am anxious to add some running to my cardio, but think I should wait until the foot is back to normal.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:29 AM   #64  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

I'm here! Having a hard time getting motivated, though. Did a 1 hour power walk this morning. One of these days I'm gonna have to drive the distance to see how many miles it is! I just can't seem to get motivated for weights today, though. I keep finding other things to do, like sorting laundy, hanging a finished load on the line, dishes, even cleaning the toilet. Now, obviously, these are all things that need doing but I usually manage to get it all done. I think the problem is I haven't been doing weights first thing in the morning so I'm starting to sink into the put it off/do it later mindset And we ALL know how that can end up working! I need a dose of motivation, ladies!
Old 06-20-2006, 06:28 AM   #65  
The Beauty of Balance

Sherry, I hope your foot cooperates for your workout today. A spider bite… that could be really serious. I agree that you should hold off on the running.. swimming would be a good alternative but be careful not to overdo it. I’d swat that spider for you if I could. But something tells me she has already met her demise.

Mummy, “put it off, do it later” for me that really means.. “put it off, seek a kick in the behind to get moving later” At least you have a clean house as you put off your resistance workout. Motivation… let’s see.. how about 17 pounds of stored energy you’ve already burned up. Imagine that becoming 18.. see the flames? Puhahaha bye bye pound #18! JUST DO IT!!!!!

I awoke early this morning without the alarm clock… but the beginning of a cluster headache instead. I’ve taken medication in order to abort it. My head is numb now but the eye still feels like it needs to be plucked out. Only time will tell if I took the meds in time. Today’s workout will probably have to be a leisurely stroll on the mill and a quiet visit to the garden. I can’t figure out what triggered this one.. though I know I don’t need a trigger.

I bought a combination speedometer/ pedometer yesterday to use while bike riding and walking outside. It won’t fit in the clip properly so I’ll have to take it back. I was looking forward to tracking miles on the bike. Anyone have suggestions on a brand I should look for?
Old 06-20-2006, 07:03 AM   #66  
The Beauty of Balance

oops. I forgot to post yesterday's exercise. 4 miles on the mill in about 74 minutes. Thank goodness for DVD's or I would have been bored.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:09 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 178/153/145

I'm back. Yes, after over two weeks of an upper respiratory infection, I can finally breath. I have some residual symptoms, but it's the first time I felt almost normal for quite a while.

Went to the gym yesterday and walked the treadmill for 45 min. Today I am doing upper body weights. Based upon the book Body For Life for Women.

My weight has stayed okay during my illness, I even think I lost a couple of pounds. Will not be sure about that because my scale doesn't seem to working right.

~Cate
Old 06-20-2006, 12:58 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

I'm back as well- after a trauma filled weekend where my bag was stolen (with car keys and everything else of value) within 30 minutes of being on the hen weekend. We had to wait for 7 hours in a car park while DH caught 6 trains to come and rescue us with the spare car key!! The AA recovery service couldn't recover me (or could for £400) as it was 'human error!) Needsless to say, I got back at 11pm on Sunday, so didn't run Monday morning and was so shattered it was an early night for me yesterday.

Glad to hear everyone else is doing well (motivation is hard sometimes, but we're all here 'cause we are a bit more motivated than we used to be!!)

45 mins on the cross trainer tonight then running in the morning and Body Combat after work tomorrow. Hopefully that'll sort me out!

Two pounds down as of last Friday. Yeh! Finally!!
Old 06-20-2006, 10:09 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 258/218/169

Height: 5'9"

Hey Ladies,

Jayde - I know you are right about feeling better and feeling the differences inside and out. I've been keeping lists in my food log to remind myself of all the great changes. I just really wanted that 199!

Mummy Tummy - Pump some iron! But please, feel proud of that one hour power walk!

Clareh - That sounds like a frustrating weekend! I hope you had some fun when you finally got to the hen festivities. What a wonderful DH you have. He should get points for that one!

Well, I finally made it to Onederland! I'm excited and very motivated to put as much distance as I can between me and the 200's.

Yesterday I did WATP 2 mile walk. Today I did the third workout in my C25K program and walked on the treadmill (45 minutes total). It's going well so far.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:12 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Foot update: Have decided to see my doctor about getting antibiotics. Is still swollen and sore, and would hate for the infection to spread. Am calling tomorrow, not sure when I can get in, but hope to feel better soon.

Mummy_Tummy, I think you need to rely on determination rather than motivation. As you see, motivation comes and goes. You have to make yourself do it! Don't wait to feel motivated! OK, how was that??

Jayde, hope your headaches didn't mess up your day. No suggestions on a pedometer, but would be interested in what you end up with. Mine is not very reliable; it doesn't always register my steps.

Welcome back, Cate! Was wondering about you and glad you're feeling better. Two weeks ... sounds about right.

Clareh, so sorry about your bag being stolen. Not only did you lose all that time, but I would imagine it was a lot of trouble reporting everything to the proper companies and authorities. Hope it didn't completely ruin your hen weekend (not entirely sure what that is but have an idea; describe please??). Very nice of DH to rescue you!

Shrinking Mama, congrats on 199! Hope you continue to move quickly away from the 200s.

No exercise today (sob). Tried to modify lower body weights and just couldn't do it. Foot too sore to even swim (sob, sob). Guess I just need to take it one day at a time and hope it's better soon.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:34 AM   #71  

Shrinking Mama- Congratulationson Onederland!!!

Sherry- a hen weekend is girl's pre wedding celebrations (bridal shower!!) Ours was a very sophisticated affair- we all had pink t shirts with my friend's name on, pink bunny ears and tails!! We had a great night, just a shame about the dodgy person who stole my bag. It will cost about £200 to get everything replaced and that's without DH's digital camera Sorry to hear about your foot- you must get it checked and don't exercise on it until you do!! Not that I usually take my own advice
Old 06-21-2006, 02:34 AM   #72  

PS I ran and have packed my gymn bag for after work!
Old 06-21-2006, 06:48 PM   #73  
Angela

S/C/G: 191/163/140

Height: 5'6"

What a busy group of gals we have here ! And it seems some tumultuous times as well!! The amount of things that can happen in a few days of not checking in is unreal!

Well,
Clareh: How terrible about your bag! You have to watch everything so closely these days, it's really too bad. I hope the hen party was fun nonetheless. The concert at Hyde Park was supposed to be great. I didn't make it but I heard it from a distance.

Sherry: Ouch - spider bites are painful. You are smart to get it checked out. Hopefully it won't impede too much on your triathalon goals.

Mummy-Tummy - I never thought about using pickles - they probably weigh more than the beans though. I'll keep them in mind for the future .

Shrinking Mama: 199 is a fabulous number!!!!

Cate- Glad you are back! I am so impressed that you maintained your diet and even lost weight during your illness! When I get sick I just eat comfort food and lay around alot. Good for you!

Jayde- Nice to meet ya! Great job on breaking out the bike. I love bikes but don't have one right now and miss my old one . Maybe someday.....

I have been busy with my sister and havn't done any formal excercise in days. We've been walking, walking, walking, though. It counts a bit I suppose. She is joining my gym with me though so now I will have a buddy which is nice. We are going together tomorrow for the first time. I am excited to do some sweatin!!!

Take care everyone!!
Old 06-21-2006, 08:12 PM   #74  
The Beauty of Balance

Shrinking Mama is in Onederland!! Congratulations.
I am with you about putting distance between ourselves and the 200’s.

Nice to meet you, Cate. Hope you are completely well soon.

Wish4fit, nice to meet you too. You’ve been walking walking walking but you “suppose” it counts?! Of course it counts!! Have fun at the gym with your sister buddy.

Sherry, if your foot is too sore to even swim, I’d stay off it as much as possible. An infection means you also need to rest. So… relax as best as you can. I’m glad you are seeing your doctor about it.

Today’s workout was 3.6 miles on the mill in 61 minutes (1% incline). I am feeling better as I was successful in aborting the headache yesterday. It has left me a little drained today but not enough to stay off the mill. If I have learned one thing about these headaches is that the sooner I get back into routine with exercise the better the chance that I can stay in control.

Looking forward to a bike ride in the morning. um... maybe
Old 06-22-2006, 07:48 AM   #75  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello, gorgeous ladies! I am feeling so good today. I wasn't keen on lifting this morning but I forced myself to do it and then felt really pumped. I also had a really good power walk this morning, as well. The weather was gorgeous and it felt so good to be outside and active. Plus, I was feeling very smug about having already done the weights, knowing it had boosted my metabolism, therefore making my walk all the more effective. And then I started thinking...I ALWAYS feel that way after exercise. I always feel smug and in control and powerful and dedicated and just plain productive. It is a feeling that should be bottled and sold and we can have it for FREE just by exercise. Surely that's motivation enough right there? Or it should be, anyway. Not sure why I sometimes slide into the blahs and put off exercise when I know the incredible rush (physical and mental) that I get from it.

I hope everyone has an excellent day!
Closed Thread