Old 01-11-2006, 10:38 AM   #16  
Canada

Hang in there India!!!
Totally Neck-ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:41 AM   #17  
ugggg.....

I have started reading the book and implemented some of the ideas already--I decided to kick my Coke habit at the beginning of the year (I sound like such a junkie!) and have switched to water. I have lost 8 lbs so far just with that--Hubby wants to do a modified Somoma with me--he will just eat bigger portions and will need some potatoes before Wave 3, but he thought that what I had read to him sounded good. With the kids both out of the house we have already changed alot of our eating habits and this will step it up. I was going to do NutriSystem but decided this would be better as it is more fresh foods and less proceesed in a box meals. I was going to do the NS to get portion control under control too, but Sonoma takes care of that also.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:03 AM   #18  
Crazy(ied) Mom?

Three pounds down this morning! Wave 1 has been easy even if I haven't followed it perfectly. I blame my husband's addiction to eating out. :P

Today I come to work and find Krispy Kremes waiting for us! argh! I keep repeating to myself over and over, "Just because it is there does not mean I have to eat it." So far it has worked, I haven't touched a one...but I guess my sugar cravings aren't all gone, but unless it's in view or accessable I don't think about sweets like I used to. That's nice!
tearjerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:07 AM   #19  
Crazy(ied) Mom?

Oh my gosh! I no more than posted my last one when I got an email saying the office was having pizza and salad for lunch today!!! And I didn't have time to pack my lunch.

Okay, planning is key...what I will do is load up on a little extra salad and have a veggie slice...one...try to stay away from the fatty meats and the cheese will be my protien....and I won't eat the crust so I have very little of the white flour crust. I think that won't be too bad, right?
tearjerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:10 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tearjerker
Three pounds down this morning! Wave 1 has been easy even if I haven't followed it perfectly. I blame my husband's addiction to eating out. :P

Today I come to work and find Krispy Kremes waiting for us! argh! I keep repeating to myself over and over, "Just because it is there does not mean I have to eat it." So far it has worked, I haven't touched a one...but I guess my sugar cravings aren't all gone, but unless it's in view or accessable I don't think about sweets like I used to. That's nice!
I like to picture stuff like that crawling with wiggling white maggots. Works for me every time. ... yes I am gross
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 01:07 PM   #21  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Talking

My Sonoma book was waiting for me when I got home! YAY!! I have already started to read it and measured some plates! I find that my kitchen is almost Sonoma ready! It surely will be by tonite. I will start the plan today because I have lots of Sonoma friendly things in the fridge/freezer.
But..... isn't there always a butttt?!
I cannot go 10 days without fresh fruit at least once a day with all my conditions. I tried that once before with the SBD and paid dearly for the consequences! I am already on a daily prescribed laxative for wheelchair users. So that one piece for fruit will have to stay. I'm very excited about this easy to follow, healthy choices, no nonsense plan. Looks like a keeper to me.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:35 PM   #22  

I just got my book and look forward to sharing experiences with the rest of you .
susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 07:11 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

I'm pretty excited today because it is my weigh-in day and I've lost 2 pounds since last Wednesday. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it's quite a bit for me; I had been losing 2 to 4 pounds per month. Even better, my body fat % decreased and it corresponds pretty closely with my weight loss so I think the loss was almost all fat. Though I still have plenty of fat to get rid of.
sf40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:24 PM   #24  

Sherry, yeah for the weight loss, anything lost is a loss whether it's 1/2 a pound or 5 pounds, it's still gone.

Oh, I'm so not feeling this whole eating healthy change lifestyle thing today.

But I am proud of myself, although I did stray from the plan, I didn't over indulge, and I didn't revert back to old eating habits just because it would have been so easy today.
DonnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:51 PM   #25  
Canada

That is awesome news. I am so glad everyone is loosing! This is a good sign. LOL
Totally Neck-ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 03:04 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaS
Sherry, yeah for the weight loss, anything lost is a loss whether it's 1/2 a pound or 5 pounds, it's still gone.

Oh, I'm so not feeling this whole eating healthy change lifestyle thing today.

But I am proud of myself, although I did stray from the plan, I didn't over indulge, and I didn't revert back to old eating habits just because it would have been so easy today.
Thanks, Donna. It's nice to finally see the scale move and the clothing get looser.

And good for you for not over-indulging even though you strayed from the plan! I think a big part eating better is knowing when to stop with certain foods and you did it! You didn't give up completely and go back to your old ways!!
sf40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:37 AM   #27  

I'm still waiting for my book, but you guys have gotten me really excited about it with your results. Hopefully it will show up today.
tlmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:48 AM   #28  

I'm down another 2 pounds, today was weigh in. This was with having kind of a blah week.

My goal next week is to follow plan to the letter and see where it takes me.
DonnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:21 PM   #29  

Melody, I think you have to taylor it for your own needs, especially if you have health concerns. I am a nursing mom, albeit nursing an 18 m.o. (so I am not her sole source of nutrition) so I have to eat a little more than the plan for wave 1. You do what you have to do.

I have lost 4 lbs. this week. I started Monday. I am not dellusional. I know it is water weight and that new beginning weight, but after way too many plateaus, I am thrilled. I am thinking I will move into wave 2 a few days early because I think my milk supply is getting a bit low. I am not worried because I didn't eat any white foods or sugar BEFORE starting. Wave 1 has definitely taught me a lot about portion control, though, so I think it has been effective in that way.
irishgreengables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 01:18 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3

Smile I Got My Book, Finally!!!!!

Ok Chickees, I will offically start Sonoma Jan 14... It took 12 days to get the book in the mail.. I have started reading and plan to do some shopping tonite and get the ball rolling tomorrow.... India
Indiacatz is offline   Reply With Quote