Old 01-16-2006, 08:51 AM   #1  
Tired of being fat

Default For those with the book - a ?

I have the book. I am following the mealplans for Wave 1 to help me *get* it. I have noticed that for Wave 1, it seems like she is only giving 2 grains per day. Like if you had a toast for breakfast and a grain with lunch, there is no grain for dinner. But in Wave 1, as far as I can tell, there is not a limit on grain with meals (I mean there is a limit, but you can have one serving per meal ?) I have also noticed that if following her recipes, you are getting more than your daily serving of fat from olive oil. She is using alot in her cooking. Last night we marinated the flank steak in 3 TBS of oil, then there was 2 TBS of oil (I think) in the brocolli dish. But you are only supposed to be getting 3 tsp a day (1 TB). These are confusions I have so far. Which is why I figure if I follow the book, it will just work out because she has planned it that way.

Comments / solutions ?
zombiemommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 09:54 AM   #2  
GARDENING ADDICT

As far as I understand Wave 1:
Breakfast~75% protein, 25% grains
Lunch~40% protein, 60% veggies
Dinner~30% protein,50% veggies , 20% grains
For a Total of 2 grains per day. It does look like they have sometimes switched the dinner and lunch plates but in the end it equals out to the same. I do not see where you get a grain at each meal on Wave 1.
Wave 2 and 3 gives you a grain at each meal, though.

As far as the oil goes: the 3 TBS of oil in the flank marinade is for the entire flank steak (serves 8), not per serving. The same goes for the brocolli ( serves 4).
I hope this helps to clarify things.
2BFIT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:37 AM   #3  

Zmommie,

Sil is right, only choose the grain at one of your meals, lunch or dinner, see page 74 top paragraph, I am on my second reading and review of the book, I think it is so simple we try to complicate it. As far as the oils go, I agree with you, if we follow the plan it will probably work out. Realize that the 3 Tbsp of oil used in the marinade was divided among 8 servings with equals less than 1/2 tsp. per serving.

Hope this helps, I am REALLY happy on this "diet" and wish the whole world would join in. Now that would make life simple.

Hugs,
WAnda
active is offline   Reply With Quote