Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-01-2017, 05:24 PM   #1  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile September 2017 Ups & Downs Support Group thread

Hello and to the September 2017 Ups & Downs Support Group thread! Everyone is welcome to join the group. Just go ahead and post and tell us about yourself. We are here to support you through your ups and downs in your weight loss journey and in life.
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:13 PM   #2  

Hi ladies,

I found a place to rent in Washington. I found it on Craig's list. I had a friend go look at it for me. It was empty and she said it looked really nice. You never know with Craig's list though. I think it is on the up and up. The guy is sending me a lease to sign. Ill be glad when it gets here.

Jennifer is home from her European vacation. She is exhausted.

Just a lot of prep going on here. Sacking up stuff, throwing away stuff. The movers are coming on the 13th, 99.9% of my stuff is going in storage. I am taking sentimental items with me. Pictures, some of Jennifer's baby clothes (Soooo cute) things like that are coming with me.

Missing all of you.

Kathleen, thanks for starting the new thread. We love you to bits.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 09-02-2017 at 09:16 PM.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 06:53 AM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Lisa how exciting about your move! I always admire someone who is able to make such a big change. And all the activity that is necessary to move location, you are doing it Hope everything goes smoothly!! and super-great that you were able to have a friend check it out.

Kathleen yes thank you for starting the new month!! I would have gone on just posting on August's, lol. We were so glad to read the nice long post you had about YOU the other week

Coop Hi and how are you and OH ?

and Hi to everyone else

Having our first rainy day here in many days, but I like to drive my new-to-me car Not as much as loving the motorcycle but still OK I'll try to write more tonight. have a good day
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:33 AM   #4  

Thanks for the new thread Kathleen!

Lisa - congrats on the new place! Hope everything is going well with your packing

holly - we're both getting on alright it's the last day of my diet challenge today

How are your eyes doing now? Everything back to normal since your op?
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 02:09 PM   #5  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey all.... just wanted to say hi. Not much here has changed. Hubby has a second interview with a company on Tuesday. He's still not cleared but determined to go to work anyway. Problem is if anything happens to him before he's cleared no insurance company would cover him. I feel like he's really trying now because he wants to keep the dog. He says that's only a part of it but he also says "I'll get the job on Tuesday and we'll sign the adoption papers on Wednesday". Uh hu.

I've had something else on my mind too. It was discovered last year that I had uterine fibroids. Huge ones. I did medication which reduced them but I couldn't tolerate the meds very long, they triggered my autoimmune issue. So now I have the choice of having an uterine fibroid embolization or a complete hysterectomy. Fun times. Both have good and bad points and both sound really painful. Either way it won't be fun.

(Just a side note, maybe it's petty but this dog is driving me nuts. I love her, I do... but she's just not that bright. And after years of training border collies it's making me nuts! I had to show/tell Chase and Snoop things maybe twice and they got it. Stella still doesn't get most of the things we've shown her and it's been over a month. She makes up for some of that in snuggles but I'm at my wits end... is that sad and petty?)

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 09-03-2017 at 02:11 PM.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 02:37 PM   #6  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

And now I feel terrible for saying those things about her. We all want to be accepted for who we are right? Dogs should be no different. Besides she is an absolute loving snuggle bug. A few nights ago I was laying in bed crying, just depressed and missing Chase. And she came into the bedroom, licked my face and laid down snuggled into me. Sweeter than sugar this dog.

I cried over dogs a few times this past week. The rescue we adopted Snoop from contacted me and asked if we were ready for another dog. They had a dog being returned from its adoptive family because it "wasn't working out". She thought this dog might be a good fit for us. Problem #1 is The husband (" no more border collies!!!!") problem #2 is Stella. I bawled at work when I got the message, I was so torn. Guess what the dogs name is........ Chase. I almost died. i highly suspect she got the name from us. He's a beautiful boy but I could never have another dog named Chase. There is only one!!!!!

And now pathetic not so little me is going to go cry over dogs again.

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 09-03-2017 at 02:39 PM.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:38 PM   #7  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Aunty Jam, man I am so sorry you are having such a hard time Stella can't ever be Chase, and guess she is not as clever and quick but she loves you! the way you described how she sensed you needed comfort and she was right there for you. I don't know what to say about the husband situation, best wishes!!!!

Coop, congrats on finishing the 30 day diet challenge yesterday! Now what is the next step?
And my eyes are fantastic, thank you!! I try to be grateful every day. I don't even wear contact lenses anymore. First time since 10 years old, that I'm not wearing glasses or contacts I do have the worrysome thing that the doctor told me, Fuch's Syndrome, that might lead to corneal transplant down the road..but I won't worry about that til it happens. It is just SO very awesome that if I wake up in the night, I can see the nightclock. When I wake up in the morning, I can see anything. It is flippin great!!

Hi Lisa, Kathleen, JesikaBeth, Monica, and the newbies who just joined recently.

Yesterday was so cold and rainy, it seemed like the end of warm weather forever! I was chilled! but then today was sunny and warm and I was actually too warm in the sun when I was doing yardwork. I hope so much we have an extended beautiful September and into October, we deserve it because our summer was not the greatest. We still need mild weather for all our green tomatoes to ripen!!

Made some good money working extra hours for the RB's store Friday, Sat. and Sunday afternoon after my other job. Next thing to save up for will be some good winter tires for my AWD car

Lots of grumbling at work (at the good place!) because the chef of 23 years is most probably retiring from there; and the front of the house MEAN biotch lady says she is leaving but she's played that before...they are bad mouthing others and I don't like to hear that at all! I just want to be in my nice kitchen, doing my job in my own personal joyous bubble! doing my best to not let their negativity bother me.

have a good night!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:37 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Lisa how exciting about your move! I always admire someone who is able to make such a big change. And all the activity that is necessary to move location, you are doing it Hope everything goes smoothly!! and super-great that you were able to have a friend check it out.

Kathleen yes thank you for starting the new month!! I would have gone on just posting on August's, lol. We were so glad to read the nice long post you had about YOU the other week

Coop Hi and how are you and OH ?

and Hi to everyone else

Having our first rainy day here in many days, but I like to drive my new-to-me car Not as much as loving the motorcycle but still OK I'll try to write more tonight. have a good day
HI Holly,

I don't feel like I'm doing anything great. I know I'm I'm moving a long way but it's not like I don't know where I'm going.

I've pulled some boxs out this morning and went through them. I am separating my stuff, one box for Jennifer, boxes I'm taking with me, and boxes im putting into storage. The cats are thrilled I am making room in the living room closet. I'm having elbow trouble so pulling out boxes are tricky.

I rescheduled my knee appt. It's Thursday at 2 pm. Will probably get cortisone shots in both. They hurt like a *****.

I still love my car.

Here is a couple pics of the inside of my rental.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 09-05-2017 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:15 PM   #9  

holly so glad the eyes are doing so well! It must be great to not need glasses, I'm so jealous.

I hope your summer lasts a little longer, it's been a really rubbish summer all over the place.

The next phase of the diet is to reintroduce foods slowly - I had some rice and a bit of chocolate yesterday and some flapjack today. I need to keep an eye on calories and portion sizes, so hopefully I'll lose a bit more weight too.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:07 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Thanks for the new thread Kathleen!

Lisa - congrats on the new place! Hope everything is going well with your packing

holly - we're both getting on alright it's the last day of my diet challenge today

How are your eyes doing now? Everything back to normal since your op?
Coop,
I wanted to apologize to you. I did not respond to your post, I am so sorry.
I am making some progress in sorting. I'm going to pull out a couple more boxes tonight and go through them.

My house fell through, ladies. It was a scam to get my money. They guy did not even own the house, someone else did.

Good news now, I have an apartment lined up. This one is on the up and up.

Much love to all.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:10 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
Coop,
I wanted to apologize to you. I did not respond to your post, I am so sorry.
I am making some progress in sorting. I'm going to pull out a couple more boxes tonight and go through them.

My house fell through, ladies. It was a scam to get my money. They guy did not even own the house, someone else did.

Good news now, I have an apartment lined up. This one is on the up and up.

Much love to all.
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry you were scammed! I hope he didn't actually get his hands on any of your money? Why do people do these sorts of things

There's no need to apologise, I figured you were busy
Old 09-07-2017, 04:25 PM   #12  

aunty jam did your hubby hear anything following his interview? I know it's silly, but I hope he doesn't get it (or that they can delay the start date for him). I hope things are easier with the dog now. Sometimes it's a case of how old the dog is when you adopt it - sometimes they are a bit stuck in their ways and used to what is expected of them.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:44 PM   #13  

Ladies, I need some ideas! I'm getting a bit frustrated and emotional lately and I think I need to get out more and meet some new people. I've been a bit of a hermit since my mum died, mostly because dealing with people is exhausting. I don't know that many people here anyway, so I need to figure out some activities that would get me out the house and around people - what do you think I could do?
Old 09-08-2017, 01:10 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Ladies, I need some ideas! I'm getting a bit frustrated and emotional lately and I think I need to get out more and meet some new people. I've been a bit of a hermit since my mum died, mostly because dealing with people is exhausting. I don't know that many people here anyway, so I need to figure out some activities that would get me out the house and around people - what do you think I could do?
Coop,The first thing I thought of was the library. If you like to read, its a great place to go to and just get out of the house. Plus it gets you around people but yet Its quiet.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:37 PM   #15  

https://www.meetup.com/about

This is a way to meet people, coop.

I've signed up to meet groups where I am moving. Just search for groups in your area.