Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-11-2017, 08:35 AM   #16  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hey ladies

Lisa oh jeez so sorry to hear the house deal fell through (and that I'm days late in being here) but VERY glad you have an apartment lined up. Did you get a shot in your knee to help? and sorry to hear about elbow pain too, not good when you're trying to move stuff is it.

Coop except for work, I do nothing social either! well,hardly. We have our motorcycle meetings, and I volunteer for our town's fire department auxiliary. I guess the first thing people advise, is to choose to be active in something you like whether its volunteering, or attending classes on some interest? It is definitely SO hard to meet new friends when you are an adult isn't it! so different when you're a kid..."hi, wanna play?"

Hi to Kathleen, Monica, JesikaBeth, Aunty Jam!

I have today off and it's nothing but blue sky and sun!! after almost a week of on/off rain. Looking forward to getting the lawn looking good. One day off a week is not enough to get everything done outside and in but I do what I can. At least I got to ride to work yesterday too!!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:40 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
https://www.meetup.com/about

This is a way to meet people, coop.

I've signed up to meet groups where I am moving. Just search for groups in your area.
Thanks! I did join meetups a while ago, but I don't have the confidence to turn up for half the events. I've joined a draft group though, so I'll try going along to that for their next meetup in October.

I'm tempted to join a walking group to get some fitness in as well, but it's the old catch 22 of not being fit enough!

What sort of meetups have you signed up for?
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:47 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post

Coop except for work, I do nothing social either! well,hardly. We have our motorcycle meetings, and I volunteer for our town's fire department auxiliary. I guess the first thing people advise, is to choose to be active in something you like whether its volunteering, or attending classes on some interest? It is definitely SO hard to meet new friends when you are an adult isn't it! so different when you're a kid..."hi, wanna play?"
Yeah, I wish my job could be a bit more social. They're decent people, but I work with mostly men, and they spend all day talking about football and cars. My car chat ends at "it's a pretty colour!"

I'll have a think for volunteering ideas, most things I come up with are solo (dog walking), but I'll keep thinking.

It was a lot easier as kids for sure!
Old 09-11-2017, 07:33 PM   #19  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Yeah, I wish my job could be a bit more social. They're decent people, but I work with mostly men, and they spend all day talking about football and cars. My car chat ends at "it's a pretty colour!"
that would be the extent of my car talk also!

I wish we had a proper living room for guests for simple things, like card playing, or board game night. simple fun!

I spent a LOT of today outside because the yard really needed attention. Over a week of on/off rain so it needed weed whacking and mowing, and the flowers needed trimming and love talk from me 3 hours for the whacking/mowing, 2 hours of moving plants around and such..but it looks SO nice and when I have coffee outside tomorrow morning I will be digging it so much. My knees are hurting now though.

My husband had great news from the doctor today, no longer considered diabetic this from losing almost 50 pounds since mid-June. He NEEDS to do some physical workouts consistently though and he knows it.

I called my doctor this morning, he is away but got his nurse/assistant. She is not allowed to prescribe but is pretty sure the doctor will say Yes to me renewing that diet pill prescription. They worked magic for me!!
Old 09-12-2017, 08:39 PM   #20  

Ill try to do some personals tomorrow night. Tomorrow morning is moving day. I have a plan....I think.

The house is a mess but I'm hoping the guys can help me sack up old blankets and things that need thrown out.

Wish me luck, please. I really need your thoughts.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:00 PM   #21  
Biker Chick!

Lisa thinking of you! and wishing you luck and ease tomorrow on moving day!!
Old 09-12-2017, 11:46 PM   #22  

Hi Holly,

Thank you for the well wishes. I'm going through more boxes, the same ones i did when I moved in here. I've thrown out lots more of Jennifer's papers. Mostly practicing her writing, abc's, cursive, etc. Hated to but there were just Soooo many practice writing papers, I didn't have a choice.

I kept her art paperwork and papers where she drew pictures of me or her or other family members.I also came across lots of cards from grandma Eva. (Doug's mom) she is still alive but has severe dementia. Its very sad.

I came across letters from my mom, to Jennifer. She would have been very young at the time.

I want to make sure she has things she can look at and remember just how much her grandmas adored her.

I also gave her old pics of me, senior pictures, childhood school pics, etc. I don't want them.

Elvira got groomed today. She is soooooo soft now and no longer stinks.

Ok, I'm hungry. Ill see you all tomorrow.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:07 PM   #23  

Lisa I really hope moving day is going well, and you get settled into your new house well! I'm keeping my fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyes crossed for you!
Old 09-13-2017, 05:51 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Lisa I really hope moving day is going well, and you get settled into your new house well! I'm keeping my fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyes crossed for you!
Thanks, coop. You are so sweet.

It went well. What I am not taking with me is in my storage unit. There was plenty of room in the unit for everything. Just glad this part is done.

Ill fill you all in on what is next, at a later date. I am beyond exhausted mentally and physically, esp physically. This old woman just can't do what I used to be able to do. Lord have mercy.

Ill have to do personals another time, maybe tomorrow.

Love to each and everyone of you.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 09-13-2017 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:16 AM   #25  
Biker Chick!

Lisa You rest and come here when you feel up to it Going through all those saved papers was a labor of love, so nice that you wanted to keep evidence of your family's love for your daughter Glad Elvira is sweet smelling now

Coop how are you??

and we haven't heard from JesikaBeth since the hurricane have we

and HI to everyone else!!

We are having real summer weather NOW! sunny and warm! I'll take it but very foggy out now, hope it clears a bit before head out on the bike to work.

I am up earlier today, because after my regular work at teh Club, I was requested to fill in at the RB's for 3 or 4 hours, I will be getting my Premium Rate pay for sure

I called the doctor's office and asked if I could have a refill on the diet pills? and got the message that I have to come in for an appt. first. Bleh that means I have to decide if paying for the doctor's visit is worth one month of diet pills.

have a great day!
Old 09-18-2017, 08:08 PM   #26  

Hi holly,

I hope you are well.
The movers are coming back on Thursday to load my uhaul. Probably taking off the next day.

Soooo much to do. I had to get 4 new tires today, the old ones had cracks in them.

I hope you all are well. Miss seeing all your posts.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:38 PM   #27  
Biker Chick!

Lisa - Moving takes so much work! and then taking care of your car too. Hang in there!

HI to everyone else!

We are STILL having day after day of sun and crazy warmth! day after day of 80+ degrees, with sun, our tomatoes are finally getting red and I am just reveling in the summery-ness.

I invited our 3 remaining Slovakian workers to our house today for a cookout, but they had to work. Then they asked if husband and i would come to the Club instead (where they live for the summer) to hang out tonight, and we said sure. THEN they said 'well let's change it to tomorrow night' and we said OK. THEN they said 'oh why don't we just visit you tomorrow afternoon' and I said YES Thing is, I went out and spent over $60 this morning, for stuff to host them here (party paper products, food, soda/beer/ice, you know) but I guess I'll use it all some other time, and put the party type foodstuff in the freezer.

The only good thing about expecting guests, then the guests don't come, is that your house is CLEAN and your lawn looks great! for one or two days.

Need to change my ticker, I am up a couple pounds to 150.

hope to hear from others soon!
Old 09-18-2017, 10:26 PM   #28  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Checking in! Sorry it's been so long.

Lisa: Was this your BIG move? As in to Washington state? Please fill me in when you get the time and energy! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Holly: Happy to hear that you are having some late summery weather! Hold on to it for as long as you can! I am so sad that summer is ending... That is awesome news that your husband is doing so well that he is no longer considered diabetic!

Coop: I think you are finished with your diet challenge by now. So what are your food plans now? And how is the OH doing with the new eating plan? I guess my suggestion to you about socializing would be to volunteer somewhere doing something you love. You mentioned dog walking. What about your local humane society? Or is that just socializing with animals...lol? Best of luck to you with whatever you decide on!

Jessica: Please let us know if you are okay!!! We are worried sick about you since the hurricane was out your way and we haven't heard from you since then!!!

Aunty Jam: Sorry to hear about your uterine fibroids. Good luck deciding on the best course of action for dealing with them. Please be patient with Stella. She sounds like a real sweetheart. No dog is ever going to compare to Chase. She is her own unique being and will still give you unconditional love that only a dog can give. I'm sure she is doing the best she can. It might just take her a little longer to catch on to commands, etc... and that's okay. It is what it is. Not sure what advice to give you on the hubby situation. Just know that I wish you the best!

My life is like a rollercoaster once again. One day is okay and the next day, we are on a downward spiral again. The stress is taking a toll on me, but I remain strong on the surface. Sadly, I am used to it by now. There is a lot of tension in my little family at the moment and I absolutely HATE it. Can't really go into details and don't have the energy to anyway. Just please say a prayer for me/us if you can spare one. We need it! Thanks!

IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:12 PM   #29  
Biker Chick!

Late at night for me but after reading Kathleen s post had to respond. SO very sorry you are having problems and tension in your family ! Yes saying a prayer 🙏 for you ! 💓 🎆 🌠
Old 09-19-2017, 03:54 PM   #30  

Holly,

I'm doing ok. I've got a list of things that need done before I leave. I just keep plowing away at them 1 at a time.

Kathleen,

I am so incredibly sorry things have taken a turn for the worst in your home. I appreciate the fact that you are not ready to talk about it. I feel like that sometimes too, I really do.

I will most definitely keep you in my thoughts. We adore you round here. Come post when you can.

Yes, I'm leaving on Ohio in 3 or 4 days.

Take care of yourself.

Missing all you other ladies too. Post if your up to it.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 09-19-2017 at 03:55 PM.