Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-19-2017, 06:24 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone!

I have been loitering occasionally, but have lost several long posts, which is very irritating.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:27 PM   #32  

Kathleen, I am so sorry to hear you are dealing with family issues again. I know how hard it is, and you and your family are in my prayers.

Holly, we have had a weird summer on the Cape - either hot and muggy, like this week- or really cool. We are now expecting high winds from the hurricane. It sounds like your husband has done a great job fighting diabetes; that is exactly how it effected my father - like a medical "scared straight."
Old 09-19-2017, 06:30 PM   #33  

Lisa, I admire your determination and bravery with this move to the west coast. I keep thinking I would like to buy a small condo in Savannah or northern Florida, but I don't seem to have the ambition to start searching, going down alone, etc.

Coop, since moving full time to the Cape I have met and become friends with many people from going to the Y and volunteering at the library.

Hello to everyone else.

I have had a great summer, basically because I have again upped my exercise. I somehow gained weight while going down a size.

Take care everyone!
Old 09-20-2017, 12:36 AM   #34  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey all. Sorry I don't do a very good job of being here. Things have been shite lately. Husband and I fight and I cry everyday. It's Chase and everything. I'm sorry I'm not doing personal responses to everyone like you guys do. I do read all the messages you guys post and I sympathize but it's like I can't remember everything when I go to type.

Hubby didn't get the job but is now cleared for full time medium duty. Next week I have a baby shower, bridal shower and a wedding. I don't know how we're going to manage this. We don't even have nice enough clothes to wear to the wedding let alone gifts for all these things. I know our friends will only care that we're there but we'll probably feel so out of place.

And damn it I just can't stop crying.

Hey Easyspirit - I bet the weight is muscle!

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 09-20-2017 at 12:37 AM.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:03 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasySpirit View Post
Lisa, I admire your determination and bravery with this move to the west coast. I keep thinking I would like to buy a small condo in Savannah or northern Florida, but I don't seem to have the ambition to start searching, going down alone, etc.

Coop, since moving full time to the Cape I have met and become friends with many people from going to the Y and volunteering at the library.

Hello to everyone else.

I have had a great summer, basically because I have again upped my exercise. I somehow gained weight while going down a size.

Take care everyone!
Monica,

Yay for going down a size!!!

As for moving, I am just unhappy here. I am so ****ing bored.

Even though the drive is going to be hard, its still exciting. Out on the road driving for miles, out on the open road.

Yeah, its just time for me to go.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:06 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunty Jam View Post
Hey all. Sorry I don't do a very good job of being here. Things have been shite lately. Husband and I fight and I cry everyday. It's Chase and everything. I'm sorry I'm not doing personal responses to everyone like you guys do. I do read all the messages you guys post and I sympathize but it's like I can't remember everything when I go to type.

Hubby didn't get the job but is now cleared for full time medium duty. Next week I have a baby shower, bridal shower and a wedding. I don't know how we're going to manage this. We don't even have nice enough clothes to wear to the wedding let alone gifts for all these things. I know our friends will only care that we're there but we'll probably feel so out of place.

I am so sorry you are struggling so badly. I have had no money the past 11 years. It sucks not even being able get yourself a new outfit. I was so uncomfortable at my nieces wedding in July. My clothes didn't fit.

I wish I could be of help. It is just such a bad situation to be in.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:34 PM   #37  

Pulling out in the morning. Anyone want to join me? Elvira will share her seat. She's only 70 lbs.

My knee has decided this is the time to cause me fits. The ER gave me pain meds but would not give me a cortisone shot.

I hope everyone is ok. Miss your posts.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:50 AM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunty Jam View Post

That's good that your hubby didn't get the job (feels weird to say that) as at least you can now rest easy that he has medical sign off.

I had an awful time with money a few years ago. I discovered thrift shops though, they were so good I still shop in them now I'm earning. eBay can also be pretty good, but risky because you can't try clothes on first and you can't return them. Thrift shops here have become a lot more popular now, a lot more people shop in them. They're taking advantage now though, all their prices have sky-rocketed and it's not the same bargain it used to be... You can still find some good ones though. And no one needs to know where you bought anything from, you just say the name on the label or the town you bought it from.

Last edited by Coop27; 09-23-2017 at 06:52 AM.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:39 PM   #39  

I'm in Elgin, Illinois for the night. Chicago was ****. 3 hours of bumper to bumper traffic. I cried when I got to my room. I was exhausted.

My stomach doesn't feel great either.

Night, ladies.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 09-23-2017 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:38 AM   #40  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Lisa: Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers as you travel to your new home. You are so brave! And I am SO happy Elvira is going with you!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:38 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 View Post
Lisa: Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers as you travel to your new home. You are so brave! And I am SO happy Elvira is going with you!
Thank you, Kathleen.

I am so fricken tired. This is harder than I thought it would be.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:15 PM   #42  

Lisa - how are you getting on? How much longer til you reach Washington?
Old 09-25-2017, 05:24 PM   #43  

Holly how are things? Did you decide to go for any more of the weight loss pills? I really hope your summer is still going nice and strong, and your tomatoes have lapped it all up!
Old 09-25-2017, 05:30 PM   #44  

Kathleen I'm really sorry to read things are tough at home. It's really lovely that you stop by and take time to catch up with us all despite your tiredness I will keep you all in my thoughts!

I did finish the diet challenge, my weight roughly stagnated afterwards (although I had a few cakes with all the birthday celebrations there are in September)! I'm off to see a nutritionist tomorrow though, see if she can give me some pointers!
Old 09-25-2017, 05:34 PM   #45  

monica thanks for the tips for the library and the Y - there is actually a special "women's library" near us, I might see what they have to offer.

How weird you gained weight but went down a dress size! It must be muscle - muscle never really shows through on us ladies.