Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 01:35 PM   #31  
focused and aiming

saundra, i have some movies i got yesterday. i'm planning on bundling up on the loveseat this afternoon. we are a little lost what with not going out to shoot at the archery center. oh, well, we need to take a day off every now and then. curtis is working on taxes. this is a good day for that.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:39 PM   #32  
focused and aiming

melissa, thanks for the tip about the new smilies. isn't this a cute one? sure hope it helps all of us.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:46 PM   #33  
jadedjane

Default popping in to say hello

Hi everyone

I've been posting in the core forum for just a little while, and though maybe I'd peek in at board 39 and see how things work. I've had a rough week

Yesterday morning I was nothing but a bundle of nerves. My first week of maintainence and I was SO afraid to hop on that scale. Not that I had a whole lot to worry about, but I am human after all I still have friends that say "lets go celebrate" when what they really mean is; "I'm a bit jealous of your success, so I'm dragging you to a restaurant with the fattiest food, and you'll have no choice but to eat a big pile of cheesy beefy nachos and wash it down with cheesecake"

Now, factor in that it happened 3 times this last week + valentines day (yes - 3 different friends, on 3 seperate nights with similar plans of sabbotage) eeeek!!
I must have put at least 14 hours in on the elliptical this week. I think I need to be more assertive, or perhaps find some new friends - lol

I managed to maintain though (I lost .25 pounds). I think I'll hold off on any more "celebration". I can't handle the kind of stress that comes with it

whew!! glad this week is over - lol
Old 02-17-2006, 02:04 PM   #34  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Congrats Patti on reaching your Valentine's day goal - good for you!

Kathy - any news from Shaun yet? When will he find out? right away or does he have to wait awhile?

Vickie - sounds like salad is the culprit? Definitely worth further investigation - and maybe less salads out I guess? We also have a mongolian grill here, have never gone - but does sound core-friendly as Kathy mentioned.

Angela - your dinner sounds like it was a great success! I'm sure the girls enjoyed it!

Coco - back away from the chips! and keep those hands busy elsewhere (like typing on the computer? ha ha ).

Sandra - we are also chilled to the bone here. Woke up to positive temps and lots of water and slush and those big blocks of ice blocking the end of the driveway (which I successfully plowed thru with my van!). Now the wind is a howling and temps dropping to -11 celsius and down to -20 tonight!!

While driving to work was not too bad (and I convinced dd is was very warm out and she would not slip and fall o the ice) I think coming home will be brutal. As I look out my office window I see it is snowing sideways! Yes the wind is blowing big gusts of snow horizontally and I would hate to be someone walking outside right now! All that water and slush is now freezing up and by the time we head home it should be pretty slippery out there!

...and ds is catching on with the teddy bear. Last night after he fell asleep I tried to find the bear in order to change the recorded message - had a heck of time finding the bear cuz he had hidden it! Found it in a plastic bucket of toys which was UNDER his bed! Yes I crawled down there and with the help of the plastic mickey mouse back scratcher I was able to haul out the bucket and the bear - change the message - and put it all back where I found it! What a mother won't do......

Of course he was quite thrilled with his 'happy friday it's almost the weekend' message!

Saundra - do hope you get your driveway cleared off before the deep freeze!...and I sure hope you are all better for your trip next week!

I now await big ds who is 'dropping' by my office - yes he needs me to buy him toiletries and of course wants more CASH! He is off to Orlando for a few days w/his dad (sunday-friday) lucky dog!...wants to know if the American Money fairy will be visiting him before he goes! ha ha ha I'm assured the basement will be super duper clean when I get home! (ya right)

Also very tired - work is CRAZY as I try to straighten out financial info and locate LOST contract files (say it isn't so!). Looking forward to getting home to be warm and cozy - not sure about dinner tho as nothing planned - maybe if it's not too bad out might stop and get a rotisserie chicken on the way home!

Later,

Frouf
Old 02-17-2006, 02:41 PM   #35  
focused and aiming

frouf, little ds is a sharp one, isn't he? that's funny about his hiding the bear. and funnier about your using mickey to help. we aren't having the ice and snow--just the cold air. you be careful and try to stay safe and warm.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:38 PM   #36  

Thanks for welcoming me onto the board everyone!

Today was first day and I have to admit, I'm hungry.

I thought I had baby carrots, but I don't!! I forgot I made them the other night. Oh well. . . will probably eat more oatmeal.

I know I can do this with your support and encouragement.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:01 PM   #37  
Melissa

Afternoon all! Almost time to go home!

Jane, just think, with the week you've had, you still managed to lose. That just goes to show that you can really do this!!

Angela (I don't know how we are going to differentiate between Angelas!!), we are glad to have you on board. If you are hungry, eat! That's the beauty of core. Although when I first started core I was "hungry" because I wasn't getting my sugar in, and wasn't sure all of what I could eat yet. You will get the hang of it again. Thanks for posting your profile.

Sandra, if I were you I wouldn't go outside at all! Same for Frouf and Saundra!!

Frouf, I can just picture you under DS bed looking for that bear. So hilarious! Glad to hear that you didn't have too much drama with DD this morning either.

Sandra, I need some of that will power dust, that's for sure. I have to admit that I haven't been op for probably a month now, as I'm sure you all know. I'm eating semi-core, but not enough to lose. I'm tired of it and ready to get back on board. I just have to get the non-core food out of my house. I wish DH would do core with me. He wants to eat healthier, but doesn't want to follow a diet plan guidelines, if that makes any sense. He just wants to eat healthy. So do I, but obviously that doesn't work for me, I need more structure. Maybe I do need to start journaling, at least for a little while. Sorry for my wishy-washiness, I know it gets old!!

I appreciate you all. I hope that everyone has a great Friday. I'm counting down until I get to go home!!
Old 02-17-2006, 04:06 PM   #38  
Melissa

I updated my ticker code a few days ago, but now I have a red X. And now when I click on the weight tracker creator thingy, I get a message saying the page doesn't exist. Help Kathy!
Old 02-17-2006, 04:10 PM   #39  

Height: 5'7"

Signatures are in the process of being moved from one server back to this one. Hang on!
Old 02-17-2006, 04:15 PM   #40  
Melissa

Wow, it's like shining a light in the sky for Batman. Thanks Kathy! I thought that I had done something wrong.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:10 PM   #41  

That's pretty funny!

To the Bat Cave ... !!!
Old 02-17-2006, 06:22 PM   #42  

Default Update on Shaun

Poor Shaun .... sounds he had a textbook "day from ****". OMG, I could just cry.

So here's the story: They got there at 5:00 yesterday. The test was supposed to start at 5:30. It didn't start until 8:00. He got finished around 10:00 but they all had to stay until the last one was finished, which was 10:45. They got to the hotel at 11:15 and were supposed to have dinner, but dinner was over. They were actually told tough sh*t, you don't eat tonight. Nobody from MEPS had called and told them to extend the serving. Nobody had a car or any way to get anything, so they were pretty ticked. Shaun and his roommate decided that since it was now near midnight, and wakeup call was going to be 3:30, they would just stay up and drink coffee, not going to bed. So they did.

So at 3:30 this morning they went downstairs and had cold pancakes and greasy sausage, which I'm sure tasted quite good when you're hungry. Then they got to the testing area to take physicals. He got halfway thru his physical when someone noticed that there was a mark on his chart. This mark meant that sometime in the last 50 years, he had been thru the process. They pulled him out of the line and sent him to an office where some guy gave him more crap. They told him he apparently had some medical problem and he said no I don't. Then this one a-hole said "why are you lying" and he said "if denying it means I'm lying, then yes I guess I'm lying." About this time, his recruiter walked in and reamed that worker guy really good. He even went to his supervisor and told him he was harrassing recruits and then the guy got in trouble. Okay well enough of that.

So they sent Shaun and his recruiter to a doctor, where he had a breathing test, the kind where you blow into a tube for as hard and as long as you can. He passed the test. Then they sent him back to the physical testing area, but by then it was too late to re-join the lineup to finish the physical. Sigh ... so they told him to come back next week and they would start over right where he left off. He doesn't have to re-take the ASVAB, or the first part of the actual physical ... so it should go quickly. The recruiter says now that he has that piece of paper saying he passed the breathing test, everything is fine. There are no more surprises, no more flaming hoops to jump thru, no more jerks to deal with. It should (emphasis on SHOULD) go fine from here.

What a day!!!
Old 02-17-2006, 06:55 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Oh Kathy, what a mess! I am so sorry for Shaun, but he isn't out of it. I know how hard it must be for you, but I also know that you'll be there to support Shaun through the final testing.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:34 PM   #44  
focused and aiming

kathy, what a nightmare for shaun. i hope all goes better for him next week. i know how you must be feeling, too. it's hard to watch someone manipulate and abuse your children and stay out of it. hang in there.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:25 PM   #45  

Well I went and had a big post. And then it wouldnt go through said I wasnt logged in. And I was.
I had wrote to each of you. So wont do that again. Just know that I am thinking of all of you.
Hubby didnt get hurt today. His finger is hurting a little bit. Dont look to bad.
The Vegetable Picadillo was really good. The guys liked it. So will make it again. It would be good with some rice or even some spaghetti.
Well I hope everyone has had a good day. And I hope everyone has a great night.
Everyone try and stay warm.
Coco
Closed Thread