Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 12:42 PM   #91  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good point, Kathy. I have potatoes planned for tonight and the next dinner I make. Maybe I should back off of them a bit after those two meals. I probably didn't eat as many mashed in the beginning as I have been lately. They are a big comfort food for me and I've been eating them since I have felt good in October. Guess I better rethink them.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:35 PM   #92  
Melissa

Good afternoon!
Well the weekend is almost over but I am choosing not to think about it. DH and I are going to Chili's in a while with a gift card. I am going to try to be good. I'm already thinking about what I can make to take for us to eat at school tomorrow night for dinner. Last week we had healthy choice meals, which worked out okay. But I would kind of like something else. I was thinking about chicken and brown rice, but I don't think brown rice re-heats too well in the microwave. I'll have to think about it some more!
Vickie, glad to hear that you had fun with your gn. I'm sure she wore you out!
Kathy, how is your weather?
Sandra, hope you are enjoying the mall. The mall usually just stresses me out, all those people!
Saundra, I'm sure you will enjoy your afternoon visit. But be careful!
Well I'm going to exercise before we go out to eat. I read somewhere recently that you should exercise just before eating high calorie meals. I don't know why, but I need to get it in today and if I don't do it now, it won't happen. I'll have to go to chili's stinkin'.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:01 PM   #93  

Evening Ladies
Hope everyone has had a great day. It is cool here. It was ZERO here this morn. And it has warmed up to 25. The wind had been blowing some earlier. And it made it feel much colder. But now the wind has stopped. and it dont feel as cold. Thank goodness.
Well the dinner went good at our friends today. I posted on the menu thread what I had. So if you would go over it and see if I did alright. I would apprectiate it.
Wow here it is 6:00 pm and it is still daylight. That is great. Only means spring and summer are just around the corner. YEAH. But then I will be complaining it is too hot.

KATPO I was wondering about the Sugar buster diet. I had done it at one time. Many moons ago. I was wondering that could kinda go along with the core plan. Wouldnt. May dig out my book and reread it.

VICKIE Oh you should try and weigh in tomorrow. No matter what the scales says. But sounds as if you may be busy. Oh and the salad at our friends was made out of the bag stuff. Guess who has a upset stomach right now. And hubby and son says theirs is kinda upset too. I could tell it was from a bag. It just had a funny taste to it. Oh well maybe it will help the the scales tomorrow.

ONTARGET Hope you had a good day. Thining of you.

Got a question. Would Krut and potato's fixed with Turkey polish sasuage be core. I am guessing I would have to count points for the Turkey sasuage.
Well am going to get off here for now. Will check back in later. Am thinking of all of you.
coco
Old 02-19-2006, 06:15 PM   #94  
Southside White Sox Fan

Coco, I think you'd have to count points just for the turkey sausage. That sounds really good. Am I invited to supper?! I looked at your menu for today and I'm VERY proud of you. I think you did GREAT! And, you didn't fold under the pressure and say the heck with it. It's not easy to resist, especially once you get the taste in your mouth. I know I should weigh in. I'm just tired of myself and my not doing what I need to do. Maybe I'll feel more positive in the morning. I am busy tomorrow but I could fit the meeting in if I wanted to do it. I had a restaurant salad on Friday night and some restaurant lettuce yesterday and I don't feel so great either. I'm paying close attention to that. So far, I eat the Fresh Express bag lettuce and it never hurts my tummy and it doesn't taste funny to me. I don't like the other brands though. I'm always really careful to use it before the expiration date though. I'm going to keep paying attention.

Melissa, I think you could warm up brown rice but you'll have to add more broth and cook it covered under a very low fire. I'd probably just make fresh but I know I can be a waster. I'm sorry for all of you who work that the weekend is almost over. I really used to have Sunday night dread. Not anymore though. I hope you come up with something good for your snacks at school. Snacking on Core can be very difficult.

I'm cooking dinner now. In about 10 minutes it will be time to put the potatoes on. I slept for about an hour on the couch. I was TIRED! Great Niece went home and slept for 3 hours. Party Girls! Again.....let me say how much I admire you Mom's out there. I don't know how you do it all. There's buzzer...I'll be back.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:26 PM   #95  

Height: 5'7"

Sunday night dread -- boy do I have that bigtime! If it wasn't for the distraction of good TV on Sunday nights, I'd probably go crazy.

I'm glad you had a good time with the gn! I guess she showed her daddy that she could stay all night!

I keep a big bowl of salad in the fridge at all times and add new lettuce every day. I usually have a mix of romaine and iceberg (from heads) and then bagged stuff too. So far Judd has never mentioned it, but he might not. He usually doesn't talk about it if he hurts somewhere. Typical guy, I suppose.

All the laundry is done and I'm about to go cook my chicken. I made tuna salad but all I have is the really big pouches, so it made a lot. I guess I'll eat it every day for lunch this week. Actually my meals will probably be the same every day to make it easier on me since I'll need to work long (probably 11-12 hours) days this week. Next weekend we'll try again to go see my dad.

Coco, your menu does look good and you did a great job at the friends' house! That's super!
Old 02-19-2006, 06:28 PM   #96  

VICKIE I know there has been times. When I know I havent done well. And thought I am not going to my meeting. I will go next week. And then when the next week came. I still hadnt been on track. And the scales were worse to me than if I had went the first meeting. Make sense. But then once I get to the meeting. Face the scales. I feel better. And usually get back on track. At this point I dont think the scales are going to be kind to me tomorrow. Not sure what happened. I am hoping it is just fluid. I am thinking the taco seasoning that I have used for the taco chicken has had too much salt in it.
I took some taco chicken with me today. The friends love it. What was left they wanted to keep. So that was good.
With the bagged lettuce. We are like you. Can use the fresh express kind. But the Dole and I forget the other. Forget it. So I am thinking what friend used today wasnt fresh express. Cause it had that funny taste. And wasnt too long after I ate it. My stomach started bothering me.
Oh you can come when I fix the krut and potato's and turkey sausage.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:07 PM   #97  

Vickie, I have a question about your cooktop. Did you say it lifts up to clean? I'm still looking for one and so far haven't found one that does that, but I think it would be a great feature for a boil-over queen like me.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:30 PM   #98  
focused and aiming

hi there, chickies. i had a great time at the mall. of course, i spent too much $$. oh, well, you can't take it with you, can you?

vickie, i know what you're saying about little ones. they have so much energy. maybe it's cause they drain it from us? kathy has a good point about taters. and you have a good point about their being comfort foods. maybe you can limit them to 2 or 3 times a week. do you think that would help and yet keep you comforted enough?

melissa, the mall was crowded. i had a ball. i got our oldest grand some clothes that she'd picked out a couple of weeks ago before they went on sale. she's going to be surprised when she gets them for her bday. i'm glad you're getting some rest this weekend. i remember days of working and going to school at night. i couldn't do it now if i had to.

coco, congratulations. you're a focused woman. i'm proud of you.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:14 PM   #99  
Melissa

Hi guys!

Did someone mention the Sunday night blues?! I was just telling DH that I need a good sedative to take on Sunday nights. I get so worked up about going back to work that I can't enjoy myself, rest, or go to sleep. Maybe I just need to take up drinking.

Vickie, you're not that picky. I don't think brown rice would re-heat very well in the microwave, and that's all I will have access to tomorrow. I don't come home between work and class. Glad you got some rest today!

Sandra, sounds like you had a lot of fun. You will sure surprise your grand d too!

Kathy, you're so industrious.

OK, off here to do some reading and maybe some gazelling.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:52 PM   #100  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm off to take a shower and then watch TV with Jim.

Sandra, you're smart to suggest a compromise about the potatoes. That might be a good idea. I'm not sure I could give them up completely.

Coco, I know you're right. Maybe I'll go tomorrow. It is what it is, right?

Kath, you are one amazing chick with everything you do. No, my cooktop doesn't lift up but I feel like it's protected from boilovers (I cook that way too!). The drip trays, the burner covers, and the burners themselves lift out for washing. All that is left that is exposed is one small hole around the gas jet itself. I don't believe that anything could get down in there. Mine is a Kenmore. Jim and I always seem to end up with Kenmore appliances. I think it's because it's what my parents always bought. And....the big companies make them for Sears anyway. They always have such good zero percent no payment offers that I usually decide to go with them. I've been really happy with mine. I bought it in about 1999, and I don't think it has ever been serviced.

Melissa, exercise will surely help with your blues. It'll distract you and get your mind off the blues. I should do some myself!

No Frouf today, huh? Hope she's ok.

I'll talk to you all in the morning.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:08 PM   #101  

Ack ... I have looked at so many cooktops and talked to so many people! Someone said theirs lifted up. Anyway, we're still deciding. The gas tops are less and would just R&R instead of having to have someone come and cap off the gas line. We could probably replace the gas top ourselves.

The door just opened and closed (the door chime is set at all times) and so after a minute, I called Erin's cell phone and asked if she had just left. Nope, she was upstairs but said it was Shaun. He was walking to Blockbuster. I'm like !!! ERIN !!! Couldn't you have taken him? It's 30 degrees and raining! I hopped in the car in my PJs and went to find him ... drove him the rest of the way and then brought him back home. The last thing we need is for him to get sick right now!

I guess I'll go to bed soon so I'll make sure and get up on time. The alarm is set for 5 so I'll get to work by 6. I have to be there until 5 or 6 tomorrow, and this will continue for at least until Thursday. I have a big deadline and all lessons I've been working on are going for final test in a week or so, so the final build is this week which means all my fixes have to be in. Engineers are out on the trainers doing regression testing (testing everything to make sure all sim, software, and courseware works together nicely) and any glitches that are showstoppers will have to be jumped on.

Other than that, it should be a good week. I've made Judd's lunch for tomorrow, and mine is ready to be made in the morning along with breakfast. Clothes are laid out ... so looks like it's a go!
Old 02-20-2006, 06:04 AM   #102  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm up early. Went to bed at midnight and back up at 5:00. Couldn't lay down anymore with the stupid neck. It starts to feel ok during the day but gets aggravated by laying down. Oh well. I had a nap yesterday. I have to babysit the Great Niece and Nephew today but probably only for an hour or maybe even less.

Kathy, Wow! You have a really big week ahead of you. With those dealines, I'm guessing we won't be hearing much from you. And, since you're the one who everyone goes to when their stuff doesn't work, I'm thinking you'll be a very popular girl this week. At least you sound organized and planned for the week. I wish that I was so organized. I think I'll start going through my old cookbooks today to see if there are any Core recipes in there that I might try.

Erin must still be pretty mad at Shaun. Although, I guess I'm not surprised that she didn't think about him getting sick. When does he go back for phase two of the test this week?

I still haven't decided whether or not I'll go weigh in at WW yet. It depends on what I weigh in a little while when Jim gets up.

I hope the day goes fast for all of you and the week faster!
Old 02-20-2006, 08:16 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Good morning all you chickies out there.

Yesterday was a fun one, going from one open house to the other. We're looking in our old neighbourhood, built about 1970. The houses we saw are old and tired. They need close to $100,00.00 worth of reno's and lots of time and effort to get them done. I told Steve and Kelly, and they aren't interested in that type of house. They tend to like new, which means a burb. The new developments have much smaller lots, so it's hard to compromise. I'm sure that they will find something to their liking when they are ready to make the decision.

We went out for dinner at about 5:00 (no lunch), and then a short visit. We were ready to relax early, and that was last night. Bernie is eight to four, and I'm going to actually make dinner tonight. I'll try and drive to get some groceries too. We didn't make it there yesterday. My foot was a bit sore last night, but I probably overdid it.

Vickie, we ARE lucky to be home. It's so good not having to worry about deadlines and getting out of the house early. I'm so glad you had a fun visit, and enjoy your day today. I understand about the weigh in. Guess you have to make this week accountable for next Monday.

Kathy, wow, what a busy week you have ahead. I swear, I don't know how you manage all those hours. You will be do for one big break very soon. Shaun is lucky that you are such a concerned mom. I hope he appreciates all that you do for him. I have a GE stove with ceramic cook top. If I could choose now, it would be gas. Four years ago, it wasn't as big as it is now.

Sandra, you're a girl after my heart. I love going to malls, especially when I have something to buy. The crowds can be a bit much, but it's part of the action. Glad you had a good time. How old is gd, does she live there?

Melissa, try not to stress too much. When I was a kid, I didn't like Sunday, cause I had to go back to school on Monday, so I hear you. Are you still looking for a different job?

Patti, you're really doing well, keep up the good work. Good decisions pay off.

Okay, now it's time for a cup of coffee and then some tidy up time.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:22 AM   #104  
Southside White Sox Fan

Saundra, you sure do sound like you had a great day yesterday. I LOVE helping people look for houses. I know it was even worth your foot hurting a bit. I'm sure it was fun to be out after all of your confinement.

I've decided not to go to WW for sure. I swear I'll go next week even though I'm likely to have TOM. I just do NOT want to go there today. I'm not going to blow off the week. Rather, I'm going to try to get strictly back on track.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:01 AM   #105  

Good morning, all! It was treacherous driving this morning but I finally made it. I've already done my first few fixes -- don't they know I need my "private time" as soon as I get here? I swear, some people just don't get it.

Vickie, sorry about WW. Do you get the no-weigh passes?

Saundra, it sounds like a very nice day yesterday.

I'll be back later.
Closed Thread