Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 03:06 PM   #136  

Way to go Vickie! I'm so proud of you getting on that treadmill.

Kathy, that's smart of you to remind me of my garden. I think this year will be a lot the same as last year's, but with fewer turnips. They just didn't turn out well. Also, we'd like to start peppers, lettuce & peas earlier, so they can enjoy the cooler weather longer. More tomatoes, and definitely keep the cucumbers and zucchini. Probably fewer melons...I think our spot is too shady for melons.

I attached a picture of last year's garden...it makes me feel happy just to look at it.

Angela
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0575.JPG (18.9 KB, 16 views)
Old 02-21-2006, 03:23 PM   #137  
Southside White Sox Fan

Way to go, Kathy! You knew how to cheer our girl, Angela up. Thanks, Angela. I'm really going to shower now.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:35 PM   #138  

Height: 5'7"

Angela, that's some garden! I really like the shade. The one I built year before last (I called it my farm -- LOL!) was right smack in the middle of the yard with NO shade at all. Tomatoes loved it and so did the okra, but everything else burned up in the hot afternoon sun. I could even water in the morning before work but by the time I got home, it was too hot and usually too late to save everything.

I think this year I might try to do some tomatoes and peppers in pots.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:08 PM   #139  
focused and aiming

patti, sounds like you're in the driver's seat in that wagon. congratulations on making good choices.

melissa, i didn't exercise yesterday either. i don't really have a good reason. i'll try to do better today.

vickie, i was posting late last night but i don't think it was midnight my time. (i'm not sure.) i feel sooooo good that you missed me this morning. we were out practicing then got home and had to do some chores before i could get here.

well, i'm a fickle female for sure. today i'm deciding to go back to the multi spot target. in all modesty i'm too good a shot to shoot at the single with large arrows. i trashed several today. curtis is all right with my changing back. a lot of archery is "mind" stuff. i'm afraid that i'll be thinking about running out of arrows at the big tournament. i'm going to shoot the multi tomorrow night at league. but you know how i am. i may change back to the single thursday am. life goes on. i do need to make up my mind. the man curtis talked with yesterday is a national record holder barebow shooter. barebow means he doesn't use any sighting aids on his bow. most bb shooters shoot the single spot cuz they shooting isn't as refined as freestyle shooters (that's me) he told curtis that he hardly ever gets a glance beyond the 4 ring. that means he's willing to give up a point every now and then. what i'm shooting--(freestyle)--i need to shoot perfect 5's every arrow in order to win. so? i am back to the multi so i won't trash all my arrows and have those nasty point-costing glance outs.

like i said, "i'm fickle." i'm sure curtis wants to scream but he hasn't yet. he's being patient with me.

{{{{{angela}}}}} i'm in that place, too. i told curtis today that march 20--we are re-inventing outselves.

melissa, i'm not even stepping on those nasty scales till march 20. i think angela's right. we need spring and springtype clothes.

saundra, enjoy your visit with ds. i know you're looking forward to it. i miss having domestic help. you're a lucky lady.

woo hoo!!!! kathy, i am soooo excited you're coming to our backyard. this is exciting news!!!

vickie, i'm proud of you for treading, too. i'll go do some when i get off here. my right foot's been causing me a lot of discomfort this week (my left foot is the one with plantar fasciitis) it's heck getting old.

kathy, i'm going to stick with roses and hummingbird attracting plants this year. i am not a good veggie grower.

well, i need to get off here and do some exercising. ya'll have a good afternoon. ai tonight!!
Old 02-21-2006, 04:30 PM   #140  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well back at my desk after first day on course- I was almost falling asleep this afternoon - but the caffeinated diet pepsi did do the trick!

Vickie - CONGRATS on the treadmill exercise - every little bit counts - good for you for trying it again!

I would have also voted for the MP3 player so you did good!

Thanks for the hotel link - I shall check out the reviews on tripadvisor.com. I tried to look up washington hotels on our fed gov hotel directory but could not find any? The marriott's listed rate for march is like $450 us per night - ya right! Like that's going to happen! I presume I shall be staying where the others are? (2 others going from policy branch) and someone else is making the travel plans of course! Keeping fingers crossed that we end up somewhere semi-decent!

Angela - that garden pic is amazing - all that green really hurts my eyes (after months of staring at gray white slushy stuff!). Hang in there - spring is around the corner.

Coco - pick yourself up and dust yourself off and climb on board. We ALL know how you feel and it's okay not to feel good - but it's over now - and time to start fresh! Remember this is only a temporary number and it will change very soon!

Kathy - I too would kill for some home baked bread - yes in the good old days when I had time I sure enjoyed all that fuss and timing involved in fresh bread - nothing beats it!

Course was good today - but too much sitting down - the coffee they provided was vile! (but the banana muffin I had was super yummy! ).

Weird thing happened after lunch tho - I had that shaky low blood sugar feeling - mostly in my legs??? and I had just finished eating - normally this happens when I have not eaten for a long time? Had soup and salad - and then felt funny - so I quickly ate the 3 tangerines I had brought - figuring the sugar would help. Still not feeling great - and on the way back to course found a box of timbits/donut holes - and popped on in my mouth - and that made me feel better - go figure!

But the NSV of the day was a colleague on the course with me bought us (3 of us from same area attending course) those charity chocolate bars - 1 for each of us! I got a caramel filled one - this was our 'treat' for munching during the course. I put mine away in my bag and will bring it home tonight for distribution. I am very proud of myself for not giving in and inhaling it!

Definitely ready for supper - but stopping at grocery store on way home for milk! (and who knows what else I might find).

Tomorrow the plan is to bring lunch from home and more snacks - I found a lounge in the training centre where I am with a fridge and microwave so might consider bringing a bag of microwave popcorn to munch on!

Will try and check in later but home computer still not 'clean'!
Old 02-21-2006, 04:59 PM   #141  
focused and aiming

frouf, i know what you mean about low blood sugar shakes. by the way--congratulations on losing those 2 lbs last week.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:35 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Just ate a piece of my pumkin pie while waiting for ds. I went to Linens and Things to look for a storage shelf. $95 later I came home. Don't let me out of the house, I can't afford this.

Wow, Vickie your treadmill success is awesome. I can't even walk properly. I feel people must look and figue I'm an old broad!

Angela, your garden looks beautiful. Oh how I wish that someone would come and dig a little flower garden for my little yard. I love flowers, but my thumb is NOT green.

Sandra, I'm sure that you will do well, whichever way you decide to shoot. You are a very dedicated lady.

Melissa, studying and a full time job is so difficult. I tried to do it many years ago and didn't stick with it, because it seemed like such a huge commitment. Good for you.

Kathy, I could never make home made bread, it it a big red light for me. The smell drives me wild, let only the taste. Can you stop at one piece? How nice of you to bring a loaf to work, they must love you.

Hope you all have a good evening,
Old 02-21-2006, 06:59 PM   #143  
focused and aiming

saundra, sounds like you got some goodies today. what did you get?
Old 02-21-2006, 07:44 PM   #144  

Hi everyone. I hope you can welcome me into your group - I need all the help I can get!! I was supposed to start CORE on Friday, well actually i did, but then went right back off of it over the weekend, so I'm going to start again first thing in the morning. I already have my oatmeal made ready to heat up in the a.m. I am also going to be making some popcorn for snacks. I love popcorn!!

I have a question though. Is it okay to pop the popcorn in a little bit of olive oil? I put it in a pan and just pop it that way, sprinkled with a little bit of kosher salt. It's so GOOD that way! So, I hope it's okay.

I'll post my menu in the morning too. Looking forward to a long, 106 lb visit with you ladies!
Old 02-21-2006, 07:46 PM   #145  

Height: 5'7"

Hey Angela, any way you can get that olive oil in is fine! The important part is doing it!

Jump right in and make yourself at home. You are very welcome here!
Old 02-21-2006, 08:04 PM   #146  
focused and aiming

welcome to the boards, angela. it's good to have you joining us.

i called my podiatrist's office today. i go in tomorrow at 9:15 am. i'm having a lot of pain in my right foot. what next?
Old 02-21-2006, 08:30 PM   #147  

Evening Everyone
Well I should have made time to get on here sooner. And maybe I wouldnt have got out of control today with the eating. I am still bummed about my gain last night. And I know I shouldnt let it bother me. But I did. So I have been kinda down about it all day. Started the day right. But then it just kept eating at me. And I just let go and ate whatever I wanted. And now I feel guilty over that. So tomorrow I will be back on track. I went and bought all those veggies and fruit last night. So I will eat that all week. And hopefully by Monday the scales will be down.
I hope everyone has had a great day. I am thinking of all of you.
You ladies are great and offer so much support. Like I said I should have got on here earlier and I know I wouldnt have done bad today.
ANGELA WELCOME!! The support here is great. I dont know what I would do without this bunch of ladies. They are wonderful.
coco
Old 02-21-2006, 08:43 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 177/162/153

Hey All -

I have been reading up on everything over the past couple of weeks. You guys really have a great support system! You have motivated me everyday.

One question - is it okay to eat a fast food burger without the bun? Just the hamburger and ketchup. Is that bad? Should I use my weekly points allowance for that?
Old 02-21-2006, 11:06 PM   #149  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Chicks! I just finished watching AI on DVR. Great show!

Eating has gone completely on program today but I have been ravenous. TOM is closing in so I'm proud that I didn't eat off program during my PMS.....at least not yet!

I think I'll make a Walmart trip tomorrow. That will get me out of the house and maybe out for lunch...something wonderfully Core like a fruit plate or an eggbeater scrambler.

Mary Ann, I'm so glad you're liking it here. It does take time but it is SO worth it. I always get alot more back than I give out. I hope you post more often. As far as the burger goes, I'd count points since I'm completely certain that the burgers are not lowfat sirloin. Sorry.

Coco, you're ok and you're not a failure, so stop feeling that way. It's only one bad day so just get back on program. I think the only real failure is giving up.

Oh Sandra, I'm so sorry! I'll bet you're putting more stress on your right foot to baby your left one. Geez....it just never stops for us, does it? I hope you can get some relief tomorrow. Constant pain is depressing. Believe me, I know. I'm glad that you came to a decision that you are happy with (for now!) in your archery. I understand wanting to stay with the more difficult target. You go girl!

NJ Angela, we'd LOVE to have you here with us! I've got 115 pounds to lose and at the rate I'm losing lately, I'll be here forever. Seriously, we love the company and can always use extra motivation and help. I agree with Kathy that the olive oil to cook your popcorn is fine as long as you stick to 2 teaspoons a day. If you use more then you have to count points. Enjoy!

Saundra, I love the crustless pumpkin pie and really enjoyed having it here. Thank you SO much. I was trying to remember what I meant to write down on my Walmart list and couldn't remember. Jim kept trying to help me remember (even though I hadn't told him what it was). I kept saying that I knew it was food. It was canned Libby pumpkin!!!!! Woo Hoo and thanks for that.

Frouf, I am SO proud of you! I know EXACTLY the candy bar you are talking about. I love the ones with the gooey caramel inside. You've been resisting sugar for the last couple of days so the shakey feeling could be part of the withdrawals. It was good for you to eat the fruit since it at least wasn't the processed sugar. I hope you do get a great hotel in Washington. We always managed to get a federal rate at the JW Marriott but there were times when you just couldn't go to DC unless you were willing to pay top dollar. If it's cherry blossom time you won't get government rates anywhere. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys.

Jim is showering so I have a few minutes to read some more posts. I'll be back in the morning.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:21 AM   #150  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow Chicks! Good Morning. I seem to be talking to myself!!!!!

I have no idea what my plans are for today. I think I will get my Walmart list together for today or tomorrow. I still have 30 minutes before I can eat breakfast. I think I'll go post a menu thread.
Closed Thread