Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 11:47 PM   #76  
focused and aiming

melissa, i got the spaghetti recipe out of a texas recipe book. i'll post it in a few minutes. it is fabulous!
Old 02-01-2006, 08:40 AM   #77  

Morning Everyone
Just thought I would stop in for a few. Have to get ready and take hubby to the Dr's. Yes another DR's appt. This one is just for a yearly check up. So not so bad.
I hope everyone is feeling better.
Know that I am thinking of all of you.
I hoping we all have a great eating day today.
I am really going to try and eat all core foods today. I hope I can get back at it.
You are all great support. And I thank you all for that.
So have a great day everyone. Will check in later today.
coco
Old 02-01-2006, 09:01 AM   #78  

Good Morning!
I just starting doing core about a week and a half ago and I really like it. All of you seem to be doing so well. I thought I'd hang around you and hope that some of it rubs off
I've lost 4 pounds already (today is my weigh in day) and that is really fast for me so I'm feeling quite inspired right now. I hope I can keep this up! Have a great day.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:06 AM   #79  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Sheesh, Kathy has new symptoms and so do I. Maybe it's meant to take my mind off of my abdominal discomfort and the fact that my darned TOM hasn't arrived yet. I still haven't heard from the procedure center. I don't know if I can have my procedure if TOM is present.

I won't be here long since the muscles in my neck and upper shoulders are all stiff and spasming. I was going to clean house today but that is out of the question. I think I'll try the heating pad first and then maybe move on to Ben Gay. I don't know what else to try.

I designed my home theater cabinet yesterday so at least that is done. We have to wait for the quote now. We probably won't have that until next week. I hope it ends up in our ballpark. But, if it's close we'll probably stretch and go with it anyway.

I'm wondering what made my neck sore. I guess it could be stress since I hold it all in my upper body.

Well, I love you all but I don't think I can sit here any more. I'm heading for the heating pad and I'll be back later if it loosens up my neck. The really bad thing is that I can't take anything but Tylenol for the week before my procedure so I can't even consider taking ibuprofen or Aleve. I generally avoid them like the plague because of my stomach but would definitely consider them today.

These months between 49 and 50 so far haven't been too healthy! All I ever do or talk about lately is trying to lose weight and how my body is failing me. It stinks.

Love to you all!
Old 02-01-2006, 12:14 PM   #80  
Melissa

Vickie. I hope that you're feeling better by now.

Alicat! Glad to have you!

I am at work today, but so tired I think I'm going to skip out on Aaron tonight and not go to church. I still need to complete the letter/resume for Hospice and I really want to mail it tomorrow. So I need to work on that.
I hope that everyone is having a good day. I need to get back to work.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:38 PM   #81  
Southside White Sox Fan

Alicat, you're gonna love this place and Core! Welcome and Good Luck.

Melissa, I'm not surprised that you're tired. My neck feels a little better. I'm going to continue to baby it. It's good that you are going to let yourself rest tonight (and work on your paperwork! ). Don't you just hate a nudgey person?

I'm STARVING! I think it's nerves since I just got off of the phone with the surgical center to hear all the rules for my procedure.

I'm going to go have some Split Pea Soup. I'll try to check in later.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:37 PM   #82  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow, no one here. Guess it's back to the heating pad for me!
Old 02-01-2006, 03:46 PM   #83  
Melissa

Vickie, I do need a nudge now and then! I'm sorry that your neck is still hurting. You should baby it. It's good that you had an eating plan today since that phone call was probably very stressful.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:17 PM   #84  
focused and aiming

welcome to the group, alicat. you're going to love it here. this is a great bunch of losers. (pun intended)

coco, i had to use some wpa's today while we were at the archery center. i guess that's what they are for, though, don't you?

vickie, just think how much better getting older is than the alternative. ain't life grand? i'm sure your neck problems are due to stress. you've been under a lot lately.

melissa, are you feeling better today? i hope so.

we're staying home tonight instead of going to league. we trained about 3 hours today. that's a lot for both of us. sure feels good, though. we're switching to larger diameter arrows for this weekend's tournament over in butte. i'll let ya'll know how it goes.

tonight we'll watch biggest loser. life is good.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:21 PM   #85  
focused and aiming

i can't remember if i mentioned making sorbet to ya'll. i have been making it all week and it's awesome!!

i'll go post the recipe over in desserts in case anyone is interested.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:11 PM   #86  

Evening everyone
Well I didnt get to stay all core today. By the time we got home from the DR's I was hungry. But I did pass on the temptation of going and getting the mash potato's they have at the cafateria there. So that was good.
Well this Dr wants to run some test on hubby. So he goes for a MRI on Sun.
And then there is another test she wants to run. Dont have it scheduled yet.
So I guess it will be more appts. But maybe they will finally figure out what is going on with hubby. He seems to be feeling better today. Just tired from sitting in the DR's. Only waited 2 hours to see the DR. That is tiresome.
Well I hope everyone has had a great day. I want to go get ready to watch the Biggest Loser. I like that show. I think the red team will win.
Everyone have a great night
coco
Am thinking of all of you.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:05 PM   #87  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Girls! I just stopped in before I make popcorn for us. I just had a long soaky bath and was on the heating pad all day. Neck is feeling a bit better. I'm sure you're right, Sandra, that it's just stress. I got my phone call from the surgi center today and I'm a go no matter what happens with TOM. That's great news because I am ready to have this done so I can get on with my life. I'm happy to be alive and not have any serious illness but I SO miss my quality of life. It's been 4 months since I can remember feeling good.

I made the spicy orange chicken today and it was ok. Jim liked it better than I did. I was hoping it would taste like Panda Orange Chicken. It's a Chinese fast food chain here. Of course, the Panda version is breaded and fried and sticky and quite yummy. This poor version didn't have a chance! I like my Chicken Fried Rice better.

Coco, I hope they get to the bottom of DH's problem. His situation sounds so much worse than mine that I feel bad to be complaining. There's nothing worse than not feeling well. I'll continue to pray for him and you.

Sandra, you are such a bright spirit. You're good for me. Thanks for the positive support. Even with my aches, pains, and fears I know that Life is Good. Thank you so much, dear friend, for helping me to remember that. I hope your new arrows work.

Kathy, you ok? I'm guessing you're busy or maybe don't feel like talking. Just wanted you to know that I missed you. Hope all is well with Shaun.

Melissa, I hope you're resting and that you did stay home from church.

I'm off to popcorn and some DVR'd TV. Talk to you all in the morning!

Last edited by Vickie; 02-01-2006 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:14 PM   #88  

Height: 5'7"

I'm home from my wrap and it was fun. I lost a total of 15-1/8 inches and my skin feels SO great!

But I'm tired and don't feel like hanging around, so I'm going to watch TV for a while and then go to bed. Hope everyone's hanging in there.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:16 PM   #89  

Height: 5'7"

Oh as for Shaun. I think he's ticked at Kate because she wouldn't take him to his hangout place. She took him to the doctor's office to get invoices to turn in to his (former) company; they're reimbursing him for a TB test and he lost the receipt. Anyway, I suppose he wasn't ready to come home. Oh well, tough luck.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:18 AM   #90  
focused and aiming

vickie, you're the one who's always giving us lifts. i really hope you're back to feeling like your old self soon. this has been a long 4 months for you. that's for sure.

kathy, i am amazed at how many inches you lost. no wonder you're tired.
Closed Thread