Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 06:58 AM   #376  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks. It's 6:00 and I'm here because I can't sleep which is pretty unusual for me. I'm tired, I just can't sleep. I'm going to go read some posts now and see if I can catch up a bit.

I think I woke Jim AND the dog up. Sheesh, I tried to be quiet. Jim deserves something really special when this is all over. I think that big screen TV will show him how much I appreciate his being so patient with me and taking such good care of me.

Last edited by Vickie; 01-11-2006 at 07:37 AM.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:37 AM   #377  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, you are and absolute doll! I laughed out load when I saw the magic wand, tophat AND the bunny. Who else could it have been from but you?! Thank you SO much for bringing a smile to my face. I'm very disappointed for you to hear that you won't be cruising soon. I think it's great that DH is now "on board" with the idea. Knowing you, I'm sure you'll find something very cool and exciting that will be even BETTER than the one you'll not be able to go on now. Maybe this new contact you made with help you get something really spectacular. In the meantime, you seem to be doing great on your program despite the chaos around you. As I've said so many times before, I don't know how you Moms do it. You are totally justified to make your kids participate in the workings of the household. My Mom used to make me help until I started working full time. She said before then, helping her keep the house running WAS my job and part of my contribution for living in her home for FREE. Hold your ground Frouf. They must not believe you are serious because it sounds like they sure are testing you. If I had said what Emily did, I'd likely have had a swollen lip. My Mom had a pretty effective backhand! Today, they'd probably call it child abuse.

Sandra, WOW!!!!! I'm overwhelmed just reading about it. The amount of planning that has gone into this even is very impressive. I bet is is going to be unbelievably successful and very enjoyable for those participating. I always hated having to fend for myself for meals during out of town work meetings and get back within a prescribed amount of time. I hope you and Curtis still manage to enjoy yourselves, too.

Kath, we just watched TV last night too. We DVR alsmost everything. I watched my soaps and also Commander in Chief.

Thanks for the hugs, Melissa. They do SO help! I hope you were able to relax between the laundry last night. I'm worried that I'm not planning much now either. And, you're right, it is NOT a good thing. Maybe I'll try to plan a bit today.

Saundra, thanks for the support. I can "hear" the excitement in your voice. I wish I enjoyed travelling more. Jim and I are just such nesters!

Patti, volleyball actually sounds fun. I used to love to play in high school. I wasn't very good (too short) but I enjoyed it. I think it's great exercise. Good for you!

Coco, congratulations on your loss and defintely keep up the good work. I heard that drinking that stuff for the colonoscopy is the worst part. I'm NOT looking forward to it.

Angela, you're kinda quiet. Is everything going ok?

Well, I'm off to post a menu.....at least what I know so far.

Last edited by Vickie; 01-11-2006 at 07:43 AM.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:27 AM   #378  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, I just looked at your closet link. I don't know if mine is California Closet brand but I do have that in one of my walk in closets. I wish I had it in both because it is REALLY nice. I wish I used it more to its full potential.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:32 AM   #379  
Southside White Sox Fan

Colonoscopy is scheduled for the 19th with all the icky drinking on the 18th. My Sister and BIL told me to push for some little bottles of stuff called citra something. My Gastro guy doesn't use that. They wanted me to drink the big gallon of stuff which my Sister and BIL said was horrible. I asked if the had anything else and they are giving me something called Phospho soda or something like that. I'll get my package of info in a couple of days. She said it makes some people nauseous but I think she was just trying to get me to drink that big gallon of stuff. Whatever.....

Maybe I'll have a loss that week.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:35 AM   #380  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Good Wednesday Morning All,

Freezing rain during the night has made our roads a mess. Bern said the driveway was a skating rink this morning, but it's been salted since. Ds called, and he's bringing Natan for the day. He has cough and cold. Daycare just allows all the germs to go from kid to kid.

Sandra, your event sounds wonderful. Like you, cooking was not my thing, but isn't it fun to rise to the occasion? It makes us feel that much better about everything when it is finished? You obviously have great organization skills and your choices sound great. They'll be talkin about you all over the state.

Frouf, so sorry about the cruise. Do you not like AI's? There sure are vacancies out there from Ottawa. Just something to consider? Glad the home front is calming down. Sometimes our kids set us up. Usually we can laugh about it when it's over.

Vickie, I will be so happy when this is over for you. In the meantime, hang in there hon. You're on the right path. Thank goodness for our life partners. What would we do without them? Having said that, what would they do whithout us?

Now, I have to be home today, so no Curves. Bernie gets home around 4:00 today, so if I have any energy, maybe I'll go then. If not, I have tomorrow and Friday to make up for it. My package (DaVinci syrups) is due today, so that is the excitement for the day. WW didn't call yesterday, which made me a little pissed, cause I stayed home. Oh well, today is Wednesday and that makes ten more days until....
Old 01-11-2006, 08:45 AM   #381  
Southside White Sox Fan

Saundra, I'll be interested to hear what you find to do with your syrups. I bought 3 when I first started Core but then couldn't really think of much to do with them. Speaking of that...I wonder how long they last?

Did Bern drive to work in all that ice? Scary. I'm going to attempt the treadmill today. I'm going to go slow and easy because I still hurt pretty bad. Maybe an episode of the Gilmore Girls, Season 4, will perk me up. Someday I'll get to the current season. I won't even watch any current commercials because I don't want it to be ruined for me. I have NO idea what's happening past the episode I'm just watching. I'm watching the Season where Rory is just going to college.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:01 AM   #382  
Melissa

Frouf, I'm with everyone else. Hold your ground! They will figure out that you are serious eventually. Don't you wish they came with built-in respect and common sense? Sorry to hear your cruise news. Maybe an alternative vacation?

Sandra, whoa, I definitely missed that!! What a weekend! It sounds like fun though. I love planning events. One of my favorite things I did as a youth minister was plan trips and other special events. Good luck staying out of those cookies and other goodies!!

Vickie, okay, we've got it on our calendar. I'm sorry that you couldn't sleep last night. At least you got caught up on some reading. And while I'm sure that Jim would enjoy a flat screen tv, you know he's just loving you! That's so good to hear about.

Kathy, quit working so hard!

Saundra, have fun babysitting today. I know that he must be a cutie!

Well I guess it's time to get some work done. My boss called and said she isn't coming in until 12 and so it's hard for me to get motivated. I know this afternoon is going to be busy and stressful (appointments with clients) so I'm trying to enjoy the time that I have. Everyone have a sunny day! (It's rainy and gloomy here!)
Old 01-11-2006, 09:14 AM   #383  
Southside White Sox Fan

It's pretty dreary here too Melissa but I'm trying to find my own internal sunshine.

Everyone have a great day. I'm getting off now and probably won't be back until much later.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:45 AM   #384  

Height: 5'7"

Morning, chicks! Nothing to report except that our lives are now totally complete with the announcement that Angelina Jolie is pregnant. Sheesh ... where's the REAL news?

I'm starting a little challenge with my coworker today for the next five weeks. We have a scale in our cube -- weighed this morning and will weigh every Wednesday until Feb. 15. She's 5'4" and weighed in at 185. She was pretty darned upset about it. My clothed weight was 157.5. A tad high, but I can deal with it knowing I'm weighing myself, my jeans and my breakfast.

I'll be back later! Have a great day!
Old 01-11-2006, 10:43 AM   #385  

Good morning all! I'm fine Vickie, just been busy. This weekend threw off my eating a little, but I'm back on track now. It's dd's birthday today, but we're having the party on Saturday. Whee! 8 little girls running around!

I just had some cracked wheat hot cereal - it's Hodgson Mill brand. I thought it was pretty tasty. I added Splenda and milk to it. I had tried that Red River brand hot cereal and hated it, so this, I think, is way better.

Lately I've been struggling a little with my age I think. I thought once I'd get to my goal weight, I'd look fabulous and all that. But losing the weight out of my face has made it look older, I think. You're all probably laughing at me, but here I am, 30, and wondering what I've done with my life up to this point. I got married at 20, not even out of college yet. Dh was my 2nd boyfriend ever. I started having babies at 23, and I just sometimes feel like I missed some life. Not that being married and having babies isn't life, but I sometimes wonder. If I were still single and "fancy-free" now, I'd probably be wishing for a husband and kids! Anyway, that's my dilemma these days.

Time to do some laundry, and rescue the 2 year old from being "stuck" upstairs, even though she's perfectly capable of navigating stairs. She's standing at the top of the stairs, bellowing "Maw-Mawww!"

Angela
Old 01-11-2006, 11:06 AM   #386  

that big gallon of stuff is called Golytely (go lightly), it is anything but. The phospho soda will make you go alot, stay near the bathroom, I ended up having to change my bed.
I have been in a snit about my schedule at work and have decided that I will weigh in on Saturday mornings, whatever happens. I know that I will see a gain because I will be working all night friday and will have one meal and be drinking water all night. I will just take it and will eventually see a loss.
Vivian
Old 01-11-2006, 11:31 AM   #387  

Morning chickies,
ahhhh I have the day off, for the time being I will have wednesdays off. My schedule is always changing so I will enjoy it while I can.
Saundra, im so glad to here your gs is going to stay with you instead of goiing to daycare. As you know I work with little kids every day and so many this time of year show up with *snotty* noses and coughs,,,the parents saying,,,well he was sick last night, but he really wanted to come here today!! shhesh. Enjoy your time with him today...
How many more days?? haha
Vickie, a big screen tv sounds so nice..Im sure Dh will be thrilled.
Angela, just think when your friends still have kids in school yours will be done and you and Dh will have the time to do the things you didnt have time for when you were *younger*.
Kathy, thats a great idea for you and your co-worker!
Sandra its gloomy here today too,,,,but the birds are back in the feeder!
Melissa, you can freeze muffins! sorry I meant to tell you that yesterday. I freeze them all the time. Wrap them in saran wrap first , then in tin foil. If you have the Press and Seal product, that stuff works great.
Enjoy your weekend!!
Went to volleyball last night, and of course felt so much better afterwards,,I knew i would. This time of year I just want to curl up on the couch after supper and not do anything....its a long winter.
We have our going away party this weekend for our minister and I have to make a church out of a cardboard box, for envelopes and money. I have an idea in my mind I hope it works out! Off to try something here...
have a great day chickies!!!!
Old 01-11-2006, 11:36 AM   #388  

Height: 5'7"

Vickie, the green stuff in the little bottles makes me throw up -- I don't like it at ALL! It's magnesium citrate. YUCK!

Angela, I know what you mean. You'll work thru it but meanwhile, your feelings are legitimate and don't let anyone tell you differently. As far as your face goes, you're as cute as a bug but like I always say about myself, MY vote is the only one that counts -- not what everybody else says. And as we know, age is relative. A 70-year-old thinks I'm young, but a 90-year-old thinks the 70-year-old is young! We think teenagers are young (and okay, they are) but when WE were teenagers, there were times when we felt old! Know what I mean? Anyway, you hang in there, girlie.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:26 PM   #389  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Unhappy

Vickie - glad to have been able to put a smile on your face w/my magical bunny! Whatever you have to drink sounds pretty yucky - so maybe the lesser of all evils? Good luck with the upcoming tests!

I also did not sleep well or alot last night - after the turmoil of the evening my mind was just racing and I just lay there until at least 1:30 am listening to dh snoring away! Of course waking up was NOT pleasant as I had a bit of a headache and stuffed nose - and dd walking in at 7:30 informing us she could not walk down the street due to the ice - needed a ride (ya right!).

So that brought with it a whole other set of problems - as there was no way I would be ready soon enuf - so she just plunks herself on the couch and waits. Now dh drops ds off at school every morning - and it's maybe 2 minutes away from her high school - but he wouldn't take her - he was very pissed off at her cuz he thinks she is being stupid by not wearing boots and trying to navigate the icy, snowy streets - so he goes and tells her how "stupid" she is - which of course results in her going upstairs, crying and now refusing to go to school at all (thank you very much I say to him!).

I am now telling her she is not stupid and to get in the car - we finally set off and instead of taking her to the bus stop as I said I would - I feel bad and take her to school (only to get a call from dh saying why did I drive her to school - I am being abused and I should not let her dictate what to do) - so all in all a very pleasant morning was had by all! (NOT).

I am at work, feeling tired and droopy - need to meet w/my manager soon as she is now back from vacation and wants a debrief on everything - ya right!

Patti - have fun on the day off!

Saundra - side roads definitely bad but the major routes not too treacherous (I did avoid the queensway this morning). The funniest is I listen to the radio to get the traffic report so I can avoid the problem areas - and they say there are too many accidents to list so no traffic report - can u believe this?

So what flavors of syrup did you order and what do you use them for?

Kathy - good luck on your work mate cubicle weighing challenge. I was tempted to get on my scale but again rings a bit tight - and TOM here so what was I thinking? Will try to avoid it like the plague for a little while longer!

Angela - I'm sure you don't look any older - but sometimes it does take time to 'grow' into oneself - you are not the same person you were when you married - so it's okay to be introspective and decide who you are! Have fun at dd's party!

Melissa - sending you good vibes to make it thru the afternoon! Good luck!

Yes I found another cruise on alternate ship - not our preferred line so I don't know??? Need to discuss further w/dh I guess? I just don't even want to go anymore.

And Saundra - yes we love AI's - and that was actually my first choice - just lying on the beach and relaxing - but dh now says he prefers cruising (I think I have created a monster) which is a bit more "labor intensive" as holidays go.

I did check out some of the selloffs - had some good deals to Cuba - I am trying to avoid Cancun - and while the mayan is great - the flight times as you know are not ideal? and prices are going up as we hit prime time winter travel. Keeping my eyes open for any good deals of course.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:45 PM   #390  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

This sight just froze again, thank goodness for copy and paste.

Angela, I got married at 19 and started my family at 22, was finished at 29. It seems a crazy thing to do, but in the 60's it was okay. I didn't go to university, because I was too busy being a wife and mom. I went through in my late 30's what you are talking about now. I dealt with it and got over it. At this stage of my life, I'm at a good place. My boys are grown and independent and Bernie and I are enjoying ourselves. We're still not too old to have fun, and we do. So, there are pros and cons to all of our decisions. I thought my cup was half empty and looking back it was half full.

Patti, how long have you worked in daycare? My younger sister has over 30 years and is close to burning out. She works for the city of Toronto and is waiting for her retiremend in two years. It is a thankless job sometimes.

Frouf, don't you love hubbie on one side, kids on the other? It's just one more fun part of family dynamics. I'm sure you'll get away this winter. Lord knows, you're bound and determined!

Kathy, your office challenge is fine, but you don't need to lose that much!

Back to my little guy, who actually admitted that he is tired.
Closed Thread