Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 02:47 PM   #391  

Hi Everyone.
I hope everyone is having a great day. My eating is the pits today. And not really sure why.
To eat 2 slices diet bread with deer sausage and ff cheese. a clemetine, a slim fast muffin bar, 2 handfuls Sun chips, 2 cups baby butter beans, and a lean cuisine sandwhich thing. Which was actually very good. It is new. I is called Panini bread. Something like that. But it comes in 3 different flavors. There is steak and cheese, chicken and cheese and southwest chicken and cheese. Hubby and I had the chicken and cheese and son had the steak and cheese. Didnt figure he would like it. but said he liked it and would eat it again. They are 6 ww points.
Hubby isnt feeling good today. Not sure what is going on. He is taking a nap now. So dont know. Guess if he dont get to feeling better I will have to try and get him back to the Dr. He has a appt the end of the month. So will see.
You know with the eating stuff. I can go maybe a week or two. Be good. Be back on track and all. and then bam. I lose control like today. But I am wondering. I havent been drinking any pop. and last night and today I had one. And since then its like I just cant control the eating. Has this happen to anyone else before. I tried the new diet coke they have out. Its black cherry vanilla. Not bad. So I will try not and have anymore pop this week and see what happens. Will try and drink more water and maybe get some flavored water for if I want a pop.
Well I will get off here for now. Need to get a load of laundry done. And wont be long son will be getting ready to go to school. So want to spend a few with him.
I will check in later.
coco
Old 01-11-2006, 02:56 PM   #392  

Height: 5'7"

Saundra, I'm shooting for weighing 145 fully dressed. That'll be good enough for me.

Frouf, I'm sorry your morning was so rotten. I always have to tell Judd not to intervene and be "put out" on my behalf; if I feel like I'm being taken advantage of by one of the kids, I can darn sure say so myself! I don't need an intercessor.

It has been quite a slow day here, huh?
Old 01-11-2006, 03:11 PM   #393  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Dragging and slow as molasses - and they expect me to work on top of it all? Really now!

Hope all that dangerous ice has melted before I get home - but it will obviously just refreeze again anyways.

I am very hungry now and will go eat my vat of fresh cherries - yum yum.

Not sure about dinner (got to make those minute steaks at some point!) as dd has art class tonight from 6:15 - 9:15) and I only get home around 5:30 pm. Need to go to mall to pick up dh's newly 'expanded waistline" suit pants - so will probably take dh and little ds and eat there in the food court? I know they have a Subway and one of those japanese grill places either of which won't be too dangerous for me.

May or may not get on the treadmill depending on timing - only 45 mins left for the week so I'm still okay - altho I now realize I DID NOT DO my floor exercises this morning due to all the early morning excitement! Will have to do these tonight I guess!

Coco - wonder if the pop was causing the cravings? It is possible - it is a good idea to experiment and find out if it is a trigger or not. Hope your dh is okay!

Well back to work I guess....

Frouf
Old 01-11-2006, 05:47 PM   #394  
focused and aiming

hi, chickies. we just got home from a marathon shopping spree at costco. i'm glad curtis went to help. he's downstairs now eating a banana watching tv. he looked at me and said, "that was tiring, wasn't it?" he's not used to that type shopping. actually, i'm not either and i'm pooped.

however, i am showered, face painted, clothes on, waiting to go to wi at ww in about an hour. afterwards, we'll eat dinner then go shoot archery league.

i have done well on flex this week but am planning to go core in the moring. we bought cases of fresh fruit (clementines, pears, oranges, apples, 2 stalks of bananas) and i'm thinking core is the way for me to go. i won't be hungry. i won't be feeling deprived. i will be smiling ear to ear wiping fruit juice off my chin.

i apologize for not answering all your posts. i'm heading to read them now and don't know how much time i have before going to ww. i wish you all a wonderful wednesday. i will be back tomorrow.

vickie, that colonoscopy will be done and over with soon. i know you'll be glad. i'll bet you do have a good weightloss, but that's a hard way to get it, isn't it?

saundra, i'm anxious to hear what you do with the syrups, too. i mainly use mine now to make a core homemade granola.

kathy, what a wonderful idea weighing with your coworker each week. you two will be good for each other.

angela, i completely understand what you mean. when i turned 30, i started taking better care of my face. that was when i had my first makeup makeover. is there something you can do to make you feel better? maybe a new hairstyle? something?

patti, it's pleasant outside. we had our neighborhood squirrel over for peanuts earlier.

did i mention that one couple is staying over with us fri-sun? i told them to bring swimsuits. we'll be hitting the hot tub after the course each night.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:48 PM   #395  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Chicks! Jim and I just finished taking down the Christmas tree. We worked on it all day. First I put away my ornaments and he carried them downstairs, then the tree. The prelit was so easy to take down but seems as if it will be a storage problem. It doesn't compact too well. Right now the top and bottom sections are in the bag they gave us and it's on the floor of the second walk in closet in the guest bedroom. I was trying to keep from having to carry it down the basement stairs because I didn't want the lights hitting on hard things and breaking. It's very heavy....7 1/2 feet and 1,750 lights. The middle section needs repair so I'll be calling the company tomorrow. I reported it earlier but now it's time to do something about it. Actually, Jim and I don't even want to put up a tree next year. That's shocking from me...Mother Christmas. It's almost more work than the enjoyment that I get from it. Well, I have 10 months to decide. I hope that's my hardest decision this year!

Angela, you do sound like you need some pampering. Your life sounds beautiful to me and so are you. But wouldn't it be exciting to have a makeover? I acutally think short hair makes women looke younger as does color and highlights. It doesn't have to be high maintenance. Get a cut and color and a manicure/pedicure. You'll feel revitalized, I guarantee it. Saundra sounds like she's walked in your shoes. You'll still be young when your kids are grown. I was the opposite of you. I didn't get married for the first time until I was 35. I SO wanted to be married and in a wonderful relationship. Don't worry! You are COMPLETELY normal to be feeling the way you are. I had similar feelings at 40 and now I was about to freak out about being 50. In the last couple of months I just decided all I want is to be healthy for my 50th!

Coco, stay away from the pop! It does sound like a trigger for you. I hope your DH is not having a relapse. Lung stuff is SO scary. I'll pray for him that everything is ok.

Frouf, your life just sounds exhausting to me. How can DD be looking to you for favors today after completely disregarding your request for help yesterday. Man, I'm glad I didn't have kids because I'd probably be arrested for kicking some butts! I hope you get some decent dinner. It's hard enough to be on this program without having good food available.

Sandra, your life sounds really busy right now. I'm sure it will all be worth it. Good luck at your weigh in tonight ! I don't know how you can wait so long to eat your dinner. It's 5:45 now and I'm already well into preparations for mine.

Kath, you are so sweet and inspiring! I can't wait to be 245 fully clothed! Some day soon! And....as Sandra pointed out.....maybe I'll lose some weight from fasting for my colonoscopy. I guess I'm glad I didn't get the stuff that made you thow up!

Patti, I'm glad you have a regular day off. Won't that be fun? I knew you'd enjoy your volleyball and what great exercise you had! How did your cardboard church building project turn out?

Vivian, thanks for the information. I guess none of the stuff for the colonoscopy is nice. You have a great attitude about your weigh in. I can't wait until I hit at least 50 pounds down. I feel as though I've been stuck forever. It's frustrating to see small people losing weight and nothing for me. I am NOT giving up.

Well, gotta go tend to my oven fries and make some salads. I don't think I filled out my menu today either.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:49 PM   #396  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, I just realized that you have a time difference so you're probably not eating as late as I thought you were!
Old 01-11-2006, 07:21 PM   #397  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Okay, my syrups came, pinapple, ameretto, Khalua, strawberry and pepperment padddy. Added to previous, that makes twenty four. I know that's crazy, but the investment keeps me wanting to stay with the program. Of couse, I add them to coffee, hot cocoa, spartkling water and hot cereals. I also use them in smoothies and add them to ff yogurt. I play with them, even with popcorn. Did I mention my Ikea frother. ($2.99 Cdn.) I love to froth the milk and fold in a floavoured syrup. It's just like Starbucks etc. One more treat, ff yogurt, a little ff, sf instant Jello cheese cake pudding and flavoured syrup. I've got lots of time on my hands, so I'm constantly coming up with new ideas!

Ds (Dave) picked up Natan at 6:00. He asked if I would keep Natan here for the night, and I told him that I need a good night's sleep. (can't blame a guy for trying) He'll probably be coming back tomorrow. Lord, I love that little boy. He just wanted to snuggle all day.

Sandra, hope your weigh in goes well. Sounds like an exhausting day, but you got a lot done.

Coco, hang in there. Stay focused, and don't beat yourself up.

Vickie, do you have a picture of you Christmas tree set up? It must have been magnificent. It was one regret of not celebrating Christmas, I love the lights. When I was a kid, I went to my best friends and enjoyed their's.

Froug, looks like a thaw is coming our way. Have a good dinner and start giving more time to you!

One more neat thing, I went to the Iberostar sight, and they have a health bar there with really neat fruit and veggie drinks and smoothies. I guess they know I'm coming
Old 01-11-2006, 07:33 PM   #398  

Height: 5'7"

Vickie, now that your tree is down, you can come work on mine. Imagine how 7-1/2 feet was, and then you'll REALLY feel sorry for me with my 10 footer. Every year since we've had it, I've sworn we weren't putting up a tree the next year. I think it's like childbirth though; by the time it rolls back around, you've forgotten what a pain it is. We also had a section go out the first year. Could it have been because Zuki was new here, and nervous, and chewed thru a cord? Hmmm ... I'll have to give that some thought.

There's a freakin' dog in a yard behind me that's about to be butt-kicked and I've got just the boots to do it! I swear if it doesn't shut up, I will go stark raving mad!

Judd is bowling and kids are at work. I get a few hours to sit (and listen to a barking dog). Right now I'm making one of my favorite things to take for lunch tomorrow: WW spaghetti, garlic shrimp, diced tomatoes, broccoli and a little bit of olive oil to flavor it up. I can't wait!

I did my good deed last night around 9:00 and fried some chicken for the kids, so dinner is served ... whenever they come home, that is. They can nuke some corn or something else to go with it, because I'm done with the cooking for the day. It's time to get the laundry done and clean up the kitchen.

BBL!
Old 01-11-2006, 07:45 PM   #399  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Kathy, get rid of the dog and relax! Your shrimp dish sounds great.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:01 PM   #400  
Southside White Sox Fan

Yeah, Kath, I bet the coworkers LOVE the smell of garlic!

Saundra, you sound so creative with the syrups. I have 3 and can never think of what to do with them. I like the frothy milk thing. Is it cold or hot? You know I've never had a fancy coffee drink. I'm just a plain old Dunkin Donuts girl.

We finished dinner and I'm going to shower. Feeling crummy. What new!

I'll see if I can put a picture in. It'll have to be small so I'm sure it'll be hard to see.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:08 PM   #401  
Southside White Sox Fan

I don't think you can see it too good, but here's the picture. I was not feeling good enough so my mantle is not all decked out with a lit wreath and lit garland like it usually is. The presents under the tree were just from me and Jim to each other. Spoiled!

Last edited by Vickie; 11-11-2006 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:10 PM   #402  
Southside White Sox Fan

Here's a brighter one where you can't really see the lights.

Kathy, I DO feel sorry for you! Didn't you still have it up in April last year?
Old 01-11-2006, 08:10 PM   #403  

im just about finished the church Vickie,,,its so cute!! haha. Just a few more finishing touches and Ill be done then on to the next project. The decorations, we're doing a camping theme,,,,he loves camping. Complete with tent, lawn chairs, canoe,,,etc. I love doing this kind of stuff.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:11 PM   #404  

Hi everyone
Has anyone got and read the WW book they have out. They had it at our meeting. And I got it. But havent had time to sit down and read it yet. I left it downstairs. Thinking I could remember the name of it. But it is something like. Weight loss that last. The top 10 myths. I thought it sounded like it might be good. Just wondered if anyone had read it and what they thought of it.
I hope everyone has had a good day. Hopefully I can get back on track tomorrow. NO POP. I am wondering if that is what happen today. If I think I want pop. I will get a flavored water. Or put some lime juice or lemon juice in some water.
In the hummus dip. does anyone know. Can you use lemon juice. I forgot to get a fresh lemon today. Got everything else. Thinking of making it tomorrow.
Well I will get off here for now. I hope everyone has a good night.
coco
Old 01-11-2006, 08:18 PM   #405  
Southside White Sox Fan

Darn....it won't let me do the second picture! I'm trying again.

I had to make it so tiny you'll probably never see it.

Last edited by Vickie; 11-11-2006 at 10:23 AM.
Closed Thread