Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 07:23 PM   #301  

Height: 5'7"

Hey, friends! Well, Judd and I went to the neighborhood Mexican restaurant tonight after he got back. We stopped by the burned house first to see if there was anything going on but owners were gone. I'm taking off tomorrow morning to go over and see what they need. If they don't need me, I'll go on to work.

I think I'm going to just give up for a while on the eating. I am sick to death of thinking about it all. There'll be plenty of time to get back on track if I want to but meanwhile, there are more pressing issues. I'm healthy and a relatively small size. Just because it's not *my* ideal of what I should be doesn't mean it's not good enough. The doctor tells me I'm fine, my BMI is in the normal range, my family and friends say I look good, and I think for my tall height, a size 8 is fine. I'm going to work on staying there, and staying healthy. As long as I feel good, I'll be happy.

Now it's time to get on that laundry. I can't believe it's Monday again! Where did the weekend go????
Old 01-08-2006, 07:36 PM   #302  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, whatever you decide we'll all support you. As long as you don't leave us of course!!!! I am SO selfish.

All I can say about that roast is YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM! This will definitely be in our rotation. I know I must have gotten a good roast to begin with but oh boy was it good. I ate way too much of it though because it's been a long time since I had one. I stopped cooking them because they kept turning out nasty. Jim gives it two thumbs up. He says it was frouferific! Actually, I tripled the garlic because we are garlic fiends but everything else I did the same. We did 15 minutes per pound and it was definitely medium rare and a little bloody. Ooops, sorry Kath. I forgot your position on this. A really good friend would delete this post. But...since I haven't deleted it, I hope you can forgive me.

I cleaned up the dishes and Jim is taking out the garbage and getting ready to shower. We were both lazy today. I actually can't wait to go to the Doctor on Tuesday. I am REALLY done hurting. I'm trying an ice pack now to see if that helps.

Sandra and Melissa, I hope you are enjoying your evenings. I feel sorry that you have to go back to work already Kathy. I know once you retire, you'll be kept busy with all kinds of charity work. You are a good, good, person and one I'm glad to know.

Last edited by Vickie; 01-08-2006 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:37 PM   #303  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ugh, I just remembered that I have to weigh in tomorrow and I ate all that meat. Oh well, too late now!
Old 01-08-2006, 08:16 PM   #304  

Good Evening
I hope everyone has had a great weekend. Just didnt last long enough. We went to our friends. Havent been home too long. So thought I would get on here and see what was going on.
Well hopefully I dont lose this post. I do have another question about the copy and paste thing. Where do I copy and paste too. Do I set it up as new mail or what. I am not very bright with this computer stuff. I do know how to get on here. And read my e-mail. And send some e-mail. Other than that thats about it.
To eat today. Well I think I had already posted that. But at our friends I did have a little piece of french bread and 4 triscuts. She had made stuffed shells. And boy did they look good. But I passed on those.
Well I will weigh in tomorrow night. So not sure how it will go. I will be happy if I stay the same. But even happier with a loss. Just dont another gain.
Well I guess I better get off here. Cause I dont want to write alot and then it dont go through. Cause still not sure about the copy and paste stuff.
I hope everyone has a great night.
coco
Old 01-08-2006, 08:19 PM   #305  

Height: 5'7"

Vickie, you goof, I wouldn't delete that post if I were you! I love to see people enjoying their food, no matter what it is! I'm still laughing at "frouferific".

Extreme Makeover Home Edition tonight is especially poignant for me ... I've just been in tears the whole time. It's a good thing we're TiVo'ing it. I'm not sure I'll be able to watch the whole thing.

My unofficial, home weigh-in tomorrow morning will not be a nice one but it must be done. At least I'll know what I'm up against. And there's no way I would ever leave you, so don't even TRY to run me off!! It's just a teeny break.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:27 PM   #306  

KATPO Dont you think though sometimes. You need a break from staying on track. That you just worry about everything you put into your mouth. And then when the scales dont go down. You feel discouraged. And then I think your body may need a break. And then when you really start to watch again. Your body will adjust and start losing. I know sometimes that is how I feel. I get tried of everyone watching what I put into my mouth. And the asked is that on your diet. And I say I am not on a diet. But trying to eat healthy. This is just how I feel.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:05 PM   #307  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Hello Ladies,

It was a very nice day. We did everything but the movie, just not enough time. Party was fun and Natan was a good boy and had a nice time. Got the tickets and found out that we fly out at 7:20 am on the 21st and don't leave Mexico until 11:30 on February 4th. We wind up with almost one extra day. We don't get into Ottawa until 4:00 am on Sunday morning, but Adam (ds) said he will pick us up, so all is good. We went to Holiday Inn in Kanata for dinner. I had halibut with lots of veggies cause they only had mashed potatoes, and I at a little bread.

Sounds like you all had a good day. Kathy, you are a very kind lady. I know how much these people must appreciate what you are doing for them. It is so good of you, but you must feel so good too for being able to do this.

Vikie, is the roast recipe posted? I'm not very successful with roasts, but it sounds so good, that it is worth a try. What cut is it? Your great niece and nephew sound so sweet. Isn't it fun?

Lisa, so your dh likes the way our Canuks play. Glad to hear it. My best friends partner's grandson is playing for the Senators right now. It is so neat.
Please share those organizations skills when you learn them

Sandra, hope you had a nice day with Curtis. Sometimes I enjoy those "couple" days the most. I didn't use all my points today, but it's good knowing that I can.

Frouf, I still can't get over how much you spend exercising. At least some of the fondue were AP's. You are so right about our health and being thankful for it. I just heard about a previous co-worker who was diagnosed with breast cancer of Christmas. She's about 51. My dil's dad passed away at 60 this summer. It is so important to look after ourselves, and I agree about enjoying life to the fullest.

Angela, nice to see you back. Glad you had a good weekend.

Coco, good luck on the weigh in tomorrow, I'm sure it will go well.

That's it for now, time to cozy up near the fireplace and probably doze off before 10:00.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:15 PM   #308  
focused and aiming

melissa, have fun tonight. do you have some shopping or anything else planned after your gyn visit?

vickie, the froufified roast sounds yummy for sure.

kathy, i'd be happy with the way i looked if i looked like you, too. try to enjoy yourself. you are a gorgeous woman. time for you to say, "get a room."

coco, i open a new mail thingee and type there. it's easier for me to do that than to keep running from the top of a posting page reading posts hopping down to the reply box here at 3fc. after i am finished typing my post in the new mail box, i go to edit and click copy. then i come to the 3fc page and put my cursor on the reply box. while my cursor is blinking in the reply box, i put my mouse on edit at the top of the page and click "paste." the message appears in the quick reply box. then i click "post quick reply." if the message doesn't post, i just try pasting it again in the "quick reply post" box.

hope this helps.

saundra, i'm getting excited about your trip, too. sounds like fun.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:43 PM   #309  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hey Vickie - glad your enjoyed the 'frouferific' froast! - ha ha ha. Isn't it the best? and easy too? I have served this often for company as well - with excellent results! Bet those leftovers won't last too long?

Saundra - what a lovely day you must have had - I have not been to Graffitti's - but have heard it is very good and dh and I LOVE halibut so should give it a try! As for the exercising - it's 9:35 and dh is just getting off the treadmill and I'm supposed to get on? I shall have to force myself as I am very, very tired.

Kathy - you are a angel of the highest degree - and one of the most thoughtful and caring people I know - thank god for people like you - and I"m sure your neighbours are saying the exact same thing! ...and of course I think you are 'perfect' just the way you are!

Coco - sounds like you are doing pretty good - good luck with the cutting and pasting!

Patti - glad you can now enjoy my crazy freaky dancing bunny!

Have fun on your day off Melissa!

Sandra - I love your computer lingo (and I quote " I open up a new mail thingee") very technical sounding?

I had a grumpy/pms kind of a day. Slept in til 10:30 am then felt guilty lying in bed - so did some laundry - then went downstairs to the wreck of a kitchen and started shrieking like a banshee (who is that screaming woman?) about nobody doing anything to help out - well that sure got things moving! At least the kitchen looked a bit more decent when we were thru.

I was just so freezing cold and tired all day (hope I'm not coming down w/anything?). Was going to go get groceries - but not in the mood (altho I made my lists - 3 different grocery stores!). Ended up lying down a bit w/many blankets to warm up - then had to take dd to dance rehearsal and took myself to the movies! Had a bit of popcorn and diet pop and some down time which was nice.

Dh ended up getting some of the groceries and I got the rest on the way home so we are now pretty stocked up.

Made some FABULOUS teriyaki shrimp for dinner (w/wild & brown rice mix, and steamed broccoli) - and have some leftovers for lunch tomorrow (also packed up my cherries, fruit salad, more oatmeal packets and 2 clementines so I'm good to go). I just don't feel like going to work of course!

I just realized I am supposed to be wearing that estrogen patch thing this week (to try and ward off those pending tom migraine headaches) and completely forgot! so I shall go do that right now!

Later

Frouf
Old 01-08-2006, 10:56 PM   #310  
Melissa

Hey all, we just got home and I am exhausted. So just wanted to say hi.
Also, wanted to tell Coco that you don't have to paste when you copy. For example:
Highlight all that you have typed. Hit Ctrl and C at the same time OR right click and hit copy. Hit submit. If it does not go through, in the reply box hit Ctrl and V or right click and hit paste. Your computer will "remember" what you have copied until you tell it to copy something else. I hope that helps.
Good night everyone. I'll be back tomorrow but later...I plan on sleeping in!!
Old 01-08-2006, 11:52 PM   #311  
focused and aiming

frouf, i hope you got that patch on in time. no headaches for our froufie. what movie did you see today? guess i blew my cover and you know i'm not a competer techie.

melissa, did you have fun tonight? i didn't know you could copy that way. thanks for the tip.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:04 AM   #312  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Morning.
Haven't had my coffee yet, so I won't be here long. Just wanted to let you know the organizing thingee wasn't all it was cracked up to be. I thought it would be more detailed; but maybe this was just so you would hire this lady to come to your house and help you. She has helped arrange bedrooms for kids with ADD and old people moving into assisted living housing, and women on parole with their daytimers etc......................

Basically said, sort your stuff, get rid of things you haven't used in the last year, find some place to store the stuff you're keeping, containerize it, and maintain it. She even has plastic containers in her freezer separating her red meat from the chicken and the soup and the bread.....................she only buys solid color knit clothing so there's no ironing and no clashing of patterns; although she does use patterend accessories.....................Nothing really that you haven't already seen on T.V. or read about. I don't know what I was expecting, maybe more help for the kids clutter.............

okay going for coffee now and to get DD on the bus.
BBL
Lisa
Old 01-09-2006, 09:12 AM   #313  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Frouf, I'm sorry you didn't feel great yesterday. It does sound like you are coming down with something. The best thing though is that you made some time for yourself with the movie and you shopped and planned for today! All of this will make you a very successful Froufie! It stinks that you have to go to work today. Did you exercise? I only exercised once this week and my VD's challenge committed to 2 times. Maybe I'll feel better this week?

Saundra, it sound like you had a great day. I was a lazy bum.

Melissa, I have the same question as Sandra. Did you have fun?

Lisa, how disappointing. But at least you got out of the house for a while!

Gotta go get ready for WW. It's my weigh in this morning. I'll be back later. I have to run errands and I'm taking us out to lunch.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:25 AM   #314  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, did you go to work today or over to see the fire victims? I don't think they'll ever get tired of seeing you.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:58 AM   #315  
Melissa

Morning all!

Vickie and Sandra, yes, we ended up having a good time after all. It was a long drive to get there, but it was fun. I'm so glad that I didn't have to get up and go to work this morning though.

The scale was up THREE pounds this morning! I can't believe it. I ate fajitas last night (avoiding cheese) and didn't even eat the chips and salsa. And drank water. I was hoping for some better news from that silly machine this morning. I guess it is the salt? I can't imagine that I gained 3# yesterday for real.

Well my appointment isn't until this afternoon, but I need to clean and run some errands before then. I would love to take down the Christmas decorations too! I really want to find some of those ornament storage boxes, but don't know if anyone will still be carrying those. Has anyone seen them lately?

Well DH is back from walking the dog. I think he'll be going to work soon, so I'm gonna go spend some time with him.
Closed Thread