Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 09:23 PM   #76  
Melissa

Sounds like hugs are needed all around.

Here's a special one for Kathy. You sound down.

And a reassuring one for Vickie.

And a happy back to WW hug for Sandra.

Now it's time for bed.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:43 PM   #77  

Evening chickies
Just getting a chance to check in now.....
Vickie Ive been thinking of you all day.......I hope some of the worry has left your mind now..hope those meds kick in quicker. ((hugs))
Frouf Im glad your Dh has found ajob...
Kim, a binge,,,that sucks! but I know you will do better this week..as the saying goes.......you've come a long way baby!!!!!!!!
Sandra sounds like a good plan to me!! joining Ww would make me more accountable as well but we dont have a group here. Thats why i came here.
Judy this is one christmas I dont want to gain either.........I have my thinking cap on for core treats to indulge just a little...its too hard to get back on the wagon.
Kathy sounds like you need a vacation to me.....
off to watch ER now. didnt get to volleyball, had to bake for our bazaar instead....house smells sooooooooo good.
take care everyone
Old 11-17-2005, 10:41 PM   #78  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Just checking in before bedtime!

Very busy and stressful day at work - still trying to find a replacement for my staff member - and it does not look promising!

Got home, swallowed a few spoons of pasta, then off to drive dd to dance class - and take myself to the movie. First had some spare time so went to the mall to check out the dishes! Did not find anything I adored - altho there was some cute Villeroy & Boch stuff. Finally found the Pfalzgraff and not a big selection - of course the winterberry pattern was 40% off - but I am not crazy about it...so will continue the search.

Then off to the movie theatre - so I get there and they direct me to another line - seems the special preview screening (I had a free coupon for 2) was "overbooked" so I was given 2 coupons to go see the movie free at another time! Not a bad deal - as I can now take dh with me once the movie officially opens.

So I figured I should still stay and see something and "Prime" was starting at that very moment (Meryl Streep, Uma Thurman) so I got some popcorn, diet coke and off I went - not a very good movie really - but at least entertaiing for a couple of hours.

I come out at 9 pm to pick up dd from dance class AND THERE IS SNOW ON THE GROUND - AND ON MY CAR AND EVERYWHERE (yes i am still in my runners). Luckily found a scraper/brush in my car so I am trying to defrost and scrape the ice and snow off the car - did I mention that I HATE WINTER??

The streets are like a skating rink - all black, shiny and very icy and slippery. I am now getting nervous as I drive and swerve all over the place. Drove home very slowly and carefully and left lots of room for braking.

Got home and decided my next "splurge" would be a set of winter tires for my van. I am driving on all seasons now, and the van is only 2.5 years old - but I would feel much better w/real winter tires on - so now time to do some more research and go buy something - I am hoping there will be some sales on right about now? Anyhow - this is probably a valid reason to spend some money.

DD brought home a very good report card (around 78% average) so she has been "gifted" with $50 as she is off to a hockey game tomorrow night w/friends, a sleepover (yet again) and shopping downtown on saturday. I even went ahead and put $15 on her cell phone for her (and then find out charger is at her dad's place - how useful is that?)

Off to work on my additional weight loss "strategy" now - so far so good!

Nitey nite

Frouf
Old 11-18-2005, 12:01 AM   #79  
focused and aiming

judy, would you believe i never thought of wi early in the day then attending a different meeting? that's a fantastic idea. i'm going to check to see what am meetings they have here in missoula. ww hdqtrs is on the way to where we train for archery so we could easily stop by. thank you for the idea.

melissa, here's a hug for you, too. you're so sweet to all of us.

patti, you are right. it's better to stay on that wagon than try to climb back on.

kathy, it does sound like you need a vacation. do you have any prospects?

okay, frouf, when do we find out about your strategy? i'm very curious.

i did go to ww tonight. i recognized several. several recognized me. some had lost. some were about the same (including me). we had a fantastic meeting about thanksgiving. i am so glad i went back. vickie, i should have kept going instead of dropping out. i know you wanted to tell me i was doing the wrong thing but were too tactful to say so. anyway, i am back. sure feels good.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:59 AM   #80  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm on my way out to a podiatrist appointment and lunch with my Sister and BIL. Then a couple of Christmas errands before I come home.

Hope you are all well. I'll be back later to read and post. Have a great Core day!
Old 11-18-2005, 10:24 AM   #81  

Height: 5'7"

Morning all! I'm at work (on my supposed day off) but oh well. It'll probably only be for 4-5 hours.

Sandra, I'm glad you went. I have been tempted to but with only a handful of pounds left to go, it seems like a big waste for me. Oh and no prospects of a vacation here. Whenever I do get one, it'll probably be to visit you! Okay, actually it'll be to visit Judd's sister and her family in Hamilton, but I will bust my butt to see you while I'm there. We're hoping for next summer.

Well, I finally had to break down yesterday and get a little curt with one of the girls here at work. I mentioned something about watching what I ate at the Thanksgiving lunch because I was working on getting to my goal, and she said "Oh shut up, you don't need to lose any, I wish I were your size." I had HAD it with the comments ... so I said "What you don't seem to realize is that I'm not comparing myself to other people, but to where *I* want to be -- and I'm not there yet." What I WANTED to say was "You're my height and we both started out 49 years ago at around 8 pounds ... I just didn't let myself get out of control like you did." I was thoroughly ticked off, but tried not to let it show.

The scale is still down and my fingers, toes, and eyes are crossed in the hopes of being 149 tomorrow morning. I'll take 150 but would rather it be 149, even if it has to be 149.9!!!

Judd has his follow-up visit with the surgeon this morning. The incision is looking really good and I even pulled some little white strings off of it yesterday and it didn't hurt him. They were from the gauze pad that was on top of it, and some the pad had gotten stuck in the skin glue so we've just been leaving it until he had healed a little more.

Frouf, I'm glad you had a nice evening. Congrats to Emily for her good grades! I'm sure she was very appreciative of the rewards! And good luck finding some dishes. MIL bought me those Winterberry Christmas dishes a few years ago, 8 settings. Shhh ... don't tell her that I sold half of them in a yard sale last year. I was saving the other 4 settings in case one of the kids moved out (yeah, whatever!) but I think I'll just get rid of them too. They are taking up cabinet space and not being used. I wasn't that crazy about them either but had asked for Christmas dishes. I would rather have these:

Aren't they cute? Of course you can't exactly serve Christmas dinner on them, but you can on these!

Okay, now down to serious business. I need to go find some breakfast!
Old 11-18-2005, 11:34 AM   #82  
Melissa

Oooo, I like the mitten and gloves plates.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:48 AM   #83  

They're at Target! I think they're just the cutest things! They would be a fun thing for a party if you had enough of them.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:22 PM   #84  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Could sure use those mittens and hats here today - ha ha ha - pretty friggin cold out- still snow on the ground and very icy - there were at least 20 traffic accidents reported on the radio this morning as I was driving to work!

Vickie - sounds like your are feeling better? Hope you have a nice visit w/your family.

Sandra - congrats on rejoining and recommitting to WW - you sound like you are really motivated now - good for you!

Kim - how are you doing? Hope you are back on track today - sending you good vibes and encouragement!

Kathy - sounds like Judd is doing great - hope he gets a clean bill of healthy from the dr today!

It's friday - yippee - I am so glad - have a slight headache today and I know it's from my neck and shoulder area - did not sleep quite "correctly" so now I am suffering - may have to take something if the pain does not let up.

I am staying in control tho not entirely core - but I am happy with it - and the new "strategy" seems to be helping altho it's too early to tell right now!

Had brought a big can of campbell's fiesta vegetable soup for lunch but got a call from dh (on his way back from therapist appt) asking if I wanted to go out for lunch! Went to a famous burger joint here - but I was very disciplined, and ordered a chicken breast (no bun) had grilled eggplant, salsa, avocado and some feta on top - very delish - with a small side salad - sun dried vinaiegrette of which I had maybe 1/2 tsp! Very proud of myself.

Not sure about dinner tho - I have some ground beef in fridge as I've been wanting to make some spaghetti sauce - but will be home late again so not sure of timing (my van is full of music equipment and drums and after work as designated "roadie" I am supposed to drive this stuff to some club downtown around 5:30 and ds is meeting me there after his classes - like I don't really know where I'm going - and parking and unloading downtown is always a nightmare so I am not looking forward to it).

Might do some downtown shopping if I am not too stressed and tired after my roadie work - ha ha ha...otherwise heading home for hopefully a relaxing evening w/dh - might even rent a movie as all kiddies are out and we will actually have the family room and big tv to ourselves (once little ds goes to bed that is).

Tomorrow is hair appt day - YIPPEE - can't wait to look young again - ha ha ha.

Gotta to go to a meeting now - will check in later!

Frouf
Old 11-18-2005, 03:39 PM   #85  
focused and aiming

kathy, i'll be watching for you to get up here. also, we may be down in your area in the spring. i'll be busting my butt to meet you then, too.

last night at ww there were several folks joining who work for the county. seems missoula county is working on cutting health care costs for its employees and here's what they are doing:

employees who join ww and reach goal and maintain for 6 weeks will be awarded $10 per lb they lost. also they will be reimbursed for dues.

now isn't that something!!

danny, where are you? everything okay?

melissa, how are you doing? are you getting closer to your thanksgiving goal?

frouf, i'm not 100% core. you sound focused. i am proud of you. that's impressive eating in a great burger joint and not getting a bun let alone a burger. yep. i am motivated right now. i'm doing sort of flex but am eating mostly core. guess i need to go post today's menu. i think our key to losing is to stay focused. good success to both of us!

vickie, i give you credit for my rejoining ww. i got to thinking the other day about how you got me to go a couple of months ago and how well that worked. i'm looking forward to success now--i'm on my way--thank you.

i want to thank all of you for putting up with my spurts of enthusiasm and spells of self-destruction. you are all amazing. i appreciate each of you so much.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:54 PM   #86  

Sandra, we appreciate you too! I love to read your posts because 99% of the time there is a "life is good" comment. You are very uplifting and positive, and your spells of self-destruction are understandable. It's not a pattern and it's not permanent and we all have it!

That is a great program that the county is having! I like it!

I'm home now but need to go to the store for some cat litter. The cat was nice enough to pee on both of Judd's pairs of sneakers and he's not happy. I mean Judd's not happy -- the cat seems fine with it.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:55 PM   #87  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarget
i want to thank all of you for putting up with my spurts of enthusiasm and spells of self-destruction.
Sandra, we all do this!!!
Old 11-18-2005, 04:05 PM   #88  
focused and aiming

kathy, whew! i'll bet those sneakers are rank. guess kitty knows how to send a message.

melissa, congratulations on being in the 180's. you're on your weigh now!
Old 11-18-2005, 05:08 PM   #89  

Melissa, you go, girl!

Zuki is moaning in pain, the peepee is back out, and so he's having surgery Monday morning. Judd just made the appointment.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:21 PM   #90  
Melissa

Well thanks guys.

Poor Zuki! Poor little guy, we'll be thinking about him!
Closed Thread