Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 11:21 AM   #226  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, HELLO GF! I figured you were ok, just busy, but didn't want to assume. And, of course, I wanted you to know I was thinking of you and hoping you were well. How's that scale going? Did you manage to stay in the 180's with all those holiday dinners and REAL pancakes? What do they taste like anyway? Did you ever try the Core pancake with FF cottage cheese, eggs, and oatmeal all whirled together? It is really pretty darn tasty.

Ok, I haven't eaten breakfast and I'm STARVING! I'm really getting off now.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:22 AM   #227  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow, I just edited and the new feature is FABULOUS and much quicker. Woo Hoo! Thanks 3FC! Now if we could just have automatic spell check.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:50 AM   #228  

Height: 5'7"

Family picture. I finally got picturetrail to upload it ... sheesh, what a pain!

Back row is BIL and his wife, Judd, me, Judd's sister and her husband. Inlaws in middle. Ainsley is standing by Grandma, Shelby is on Grandpa's knee. Ainsley and Shelby belong to BIL and wife. They live in Virginia Beach. In front is Casey, Lauren and John. They belong to the sister and her husband. They are the ones who live in Montana.

I just realized I'm the short one. As if 5'7" is SHORT! LOL!
Old 11-26-2005, 11:54 AM   #229  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow! No doubt that the two Brothers belong together. They look almost identical.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:57 AM   #230  
Melissa

Kathy that is a great picture. You still look fantastic (even if you are short )!!
Old 11-26-2005, 12:59 PM   #231  

My goodness, you have a tall family. If I were there, you wouldn't even be able to see me! I'm 5'2". I fit right in with my family of shrimps - even my dh's family is pretty short.

Vickie, you're so sweet to be thinking of helping me. I think what will help the most is just the daily accountability. If I stop posting menus, that's a red flag - call me on it.

I'm off to feed the kids,
Angela
Old 11-26-2005, 02:33 PM   #232  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm short too, Angela. I'm going to go see if you posted a menu for today. We love you, ya know! We have to know that it IS possible to keep the weight off.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:22 PM   #233  

Alrighty, girls. This is such a boring day! Let's see ... big DD is at work, little DD is getting dressed because I think her boyfriend is coming over to help us decorate the tree. That means that Judd won't help, he'll just sit and watch TV while we do it. Whatever. Shaun left last night sometime and isn't home yet. I'm not sure what that's all about.

I'm wrapping Christmas gifts and finishing the Christmas cards. It stopped raining and the sun came out, so now it really looks like summer out there. Dinner is cooked except that I'll probably make some cornbread for the girls; Judd and I will have our salad and turkey chili.

I can't believe that tomorrow's the end of the holiday time off. Where did it all go???
Old 11-26-2005, 04:53 PM   #234  
focused and aiming

vickie, thank you for asking about my wi. at ww it's wed night. i'm thinking i'll be able to start posting that wi this week. i had left my tracker on my am wi results. it was hard to change it to a higher number. i was at 198 again thurs before last. this past week at ww i weighed 194.2. that was wed before thanksgiving. i'm doing great eating right now. my next challenge will be the lion king trip with the grands. i'm already planning. i went to bcb to check out pts for olive garden. life is good. i know i've told you several times, but i want to tell you again. you are my inspiration. thank you for your strength and "to it" ness.

kathy, thanks for posting the photo of judd. he's a goodlooking guy. i had never seen this photo before. it's good to have a face to go with his name now. that's good that his scar won't show. my son didn't say a word about the lack of rain. i guess i was assuming ya'll were still getting a lot of rain like earlier in the year. don't you wish mother nature would dole it out more evenly? yep, it's like a miracle. curtis is well. i didn't think anybody got over a bad cold in just a few hours.

angela, i posted over in the challenge how proud i am of you for getting a grip on your eating. i hope your little barnacle is feeling better today. sounds like you have a full week ahead of you. enjoy your weekend.

melissa, yesterday i made ff pancakes using the krusteauz's mix. have you tried them? they are good. i had sf syrup on mine. it was only about 10 cal per serving. not bad (not too good). we've been debating about whether or not to put up a tree. curtis says it's up to me. i said "no tree" till i got to reading here today. ya'll have given me the spirit. we're putting up a tree.

kathy, this is a great family portrait. judd and bil are almost identical, aren't they? you're short? i'm another true shorty at 5'2". i don't think i'd disappear in the photo, though, cuz i'm wide.

brian (an archery student who is super good) is here. curtis is doing some balancing work on his bow. last night brian shot 299 out of a possible 300. another of curtis' students also shot 299. these were on the vegas type targets with a small bullseye. these guys are hot shooters for sure. maybe i need to go rub on brian and his scores will rub off onto me.

i am going to run into town to see about getting a train to go under our tree. brian has me blocked in so i won't go till later. if he's here long, i'll go tomorrow. i don't want to be caught out in the dark with all the ice around.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:08 PM   #235  
Kim

Shorty here too....5'3". Kathy, you're really pretty.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:17 PM   #236  

You guys are too nice. My DDs saw the picture just now and Kate (little one) said "at least you look good." What does THAT mean? She said she meant you can't tell much difference in me and the other girls, who are in their early 30s. I'm like yeah well, I sure do feel it!!!

So Judd decided to go outside and put up house lights. I say good riddance, you nasty ol' disgruntled attitude-ridden pest! I swear he's on my last nerve!! I'm sending Kate and her boyfriend to the store to buy some yarn so I can make a little scarf to go with a hat and mittens set I got for Shelby. It's very cute, black and cream and dark red stripes, and I got it last year after Christmas at Babystyle for like 75% off. So they'll take the hat with them to match the yarn, and I'll start on that later tonight. It seems as though I'm looking for ways to procrastinate on my parents' quilt, which hurts nobody but ME! If I don't make it, I have to come up with some sort of Christmas gift for them and that's nearly impossible!

Guess I'd better see what everyone's up to. Still no Shaun. ???
Old 11-26-2005, 05:35 PM   #237  
Melissa

Getting ready to eat supper but just wanted to tell Sandra that Olive Garden will sub any pasta for a whole wheat variety. That makes some items very nearly core!
Old 11-26-2005, 05:47 PM   #238  
focused and aiming

melissa, thank you for the tip. i'm thinking of linguini ala marinara, salad, and 2 breadsticks. what do ya'll think? that would be a 22 pt meal if i counted everything.

the play will last till late in the evening, so i'll just drink a diet coke (caffeine!!!) afterwards.

i'll have eaten bfast and lunch before we leave on the trip, so i can monitor what i'm eating. plus, i'll carry bananas, etc to munch on on the drive over.

(all that is this coming tuesday)

wed--we'll have bfast over there and lunch and dinner after getting home. i promise you I WILL GO TO WW TO WI WED NIGHT!!! (i typed it like that to emphasize it to me)

wed night's wi will be my 3rd meeting back at ww. i'm hoping for this wi to match my am wi's i have on the tracker here.

i need your help to get me through this. i don't want to self-destruct. seems the past months i've done well 2 weeks or so then blewey!!

no more bleweys.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:03 PM   #239  

But you know what, girlie? We need those bleweys to make us feel not so deprived! No way will you gain 50 pounds in two days, so I say have fun and even though you're watching it, don't watch it so closely! It's not like you do this every week!

Isn't it great that we weigh (pun intended) our options before an outing, whereas before we would probably just go for broke and not even consider the repercussions!
Old 11-26-2005, 06:10 PM   #240  
focused and aiming

you're right, kathy. i used to eat whatever whenever. thank you for your suggestions. i am saving a lot of pts for tuesday just in case of "blewey."

Last edited by ontarget; 11-26-2005 at 06:17 PM.
Closed Thread